Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me (816 Views)

Woman Posing As Customer Kidnaps Two Siblings In Benue / 12 Civilians Posing As Soldiers In Army Uniform Arrested In Ogun State / 67-year-old American Posing As ‘nigerian Prince’ Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by hahn(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
Aha! grin

At least they were able to keep me busy during the lockdown cheesy grin

So one idiot with phone number 07032525957 posing as Adekunle Johnson called me from "FirstBank" asking me to first verify my date of birth so my account can be verified. I gave him a fake dob.

Then he told me not to use my debit card for any transaction for the next 24 hours.

Then he asked for my bank exp and I told him 04/19 to which he argued that it means my card has expired. After enough argument I told him it's 04/22.

Then he asked for my card number. I noticed that after giving him he said it was incorrect, because I gave him an incorrect one, which basically means that he was probably online trying to shop with the details and the transaction was declined.

He then said he would transfer me to the "managing director" who happened to be a very pompous female who is obviously too stupid to be a scammer.

Anyways I was able to waste 11 minutes of their time but I will appreciate it if nairalanders can help me call that number and disturb those idiots. I know you are all jobless grin

Please be careful and watch out for these idiotic Yahoo boys trying to scam a fellow hustler.

Happy lockdown! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by seedorfy134(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
I like how u waste there tyme and airtime.... Just play along

1 Like

Re: Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by hahn(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
seedorfy134:
I like how u waste there tyme and airtime.... Just play along

You won't believe it Sha but these guys just called me again with the same number.

Same format but this time he handed me over to a male "manager".

I also forgot to mention that the dude actig as customer care mentioned that I will get a verification code. I am assuming he means an otp.

These guys need to be shot

2 Likes

Re: Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by UncleSnr(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
lol... these people aren't gonna get tired.
Re: Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by AskProf: 4:14am On Apr 29, 2020
Yes.

Re: Scammers Posing As Firstbank Customer Care Just Called Me by hahn(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2020
AskProf:
Yes.

I just called that number and it went through.

I asked the idiot who picked up the call if this is first bank customer care and he said YES. Just imagine.

I replied with "your mama" and cut the call

(1) (Reply)

I Am Forgetting I Need To Marry / Young Boy Arrested For Raping A 6-year-old Girl (photos) / The Diary Of A Hitman..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.