Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,662 members, 7,862,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Why Certificates And Not Knowledge In Securing A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Certificates And Not Knowledge In Securing A Job (468 Views)

Please I Need Help In Securing A Job At Shoprite Ikeja / Professional Certificates And Getting A Job In Nigeria / Rebild Your Lost Certificates And Credentials To Get That Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Certificates And Not Knowledge In Securing A Job by Boyfancy(m): 10:10am On Jan 09, 2011
Companies, organisations and businesses look out more on people with piled-up certificates and not knowledge, does it give you what you want? maybe they are also not aware that some people strive for certificate while others strive for knowledge in what they do.

7 years before i got a job at TSKJ in Bonny Island, the white man from Italy called for a test before employment, he would ask you to do some scaffolding joining as a professional, if you succeed doing it, you get the job and if you don't you fail out.

Today in ICT, every one needs a certificate and not the knowledge, but do you know that i have being an instructor for an IT firm for 3 years now without a single certification exam writting? lol, that's true, its about what i know and what i can offer, i take Cisco CCNA, Website Designing and Peachtree accounting as an instructor, other IT areas i am good with are PMP (Project management, Graphics Photoshop and Corel Draw), AutoCAD, ISS (Information and System Security, Computer Repairs and some knowledge in every other field.

Now what do you think of me, I need a better job in companies but have no certificates to show for what i know, even when am sure that i thought most people working i that company today with their certificates.

(1) (Reply)

Empowerment Opportunity For Graduates And Undergraduate -lagos/ekiti/abuja/ph / Seeking It Placement / Vacancy For Sales Representatives(lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.