Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Bini Insults! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bini Insults! (47151 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / The Ways Of A Bini(edo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Feb 08, 2011
Atreides:

grin grin You be ugb'ebai. grin

Then you are a female ugb'ebai with k-leg grin
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2011
Na Q-leg you get. Wa hia lare oh. . Lare nu do warn e honeric. E ma setin talo. .
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
Ghu nue, me ghi ghua talo indee opia me khin wink
Re: Bini Insults! by yme1(f): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2011
amazonia:

complicated;

A ghue okho gue ese--they said woman know best.

kia ona we ye rie---this one should remember.

Eko a ghe no ehen---careful if asked

e motor no khia la-----which vehicle his going to enter

O we khia khia bus----he said kia kia bus.

LOL. . you were close you got the last two correctly
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
y me:

LOL. . you were close you got the last two correctly
May be, if you highlight tone of your vowel for up, flat, and down
indications your message will be clearer.

Aghue okhuo gue ese(eze) kia--If you have problem with a woman about d, ick matter.

ona we ye rie-----she said i remember.

Eko a ghe no ehen--- Ask him carefully.

check this , and let see your corrections.
Re: Bini Insults! by TinTin18(f): 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2011
wa koyo o!
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 7:50am On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

O'bo khian
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 8:40am On Feb 09, 2011
TinTin18:

wa koyo o!

Eeeee. . Obokhian 'temwven Vb'Egbe a yie he? Any insults for us?
Re: Bini Insults! by MissyB3(f): 11:35am On Feb 09, 2011
Atreides:

Eeeee. . Obokhian 'temwven Vb'Egbe a yie he? Any insults for us?
How pesin go sit down and begin find insult? grin grin U sure wè emwin ya ma a? cheesy
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2011
To type bini just dey heavy me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
ivbe edo ne zomo rere
hian ye mosse, mosse
wa koyo wa do omo
wa koyo, uwa d'omo oo.

nice song.
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
Missy ★ B:

How pesin go sit down and begin find insult? grin grin U sure wè emwin ya ma a? cheesy
E me sure aa? I'll get back to you on that. grin grin (S)he no need to find insult,(s)he only needs to remember the ones she's gotten/is getting. grin grin
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

Why not ask people to post prayers? undecided
Re: Bini Insults! by bokohalal(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2011
Okao na khin men. i ke suen gha tie ebo , i tu e.

some mild bini insults;
okpetu
ovbukho
emabule no wa iyekowa
ole moroko
odayon diku
oyi oba oyi evbo
uhun dan
izigha
ovbio omwemwen
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
honeric01:

^^^

Why not ask people to post prayers? undecided
Go and open a new thread for that. angry angry angry This one is for insults only.

Re: Bini Insults! by xxcarolxx(f): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Can anyone please translate the following into bini, or yourba, pls, You are nothing but a waste of space, i ain't interested anymore,
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
@Atreides

Ok, continue hunting for insults
Re: Bini Insults! by TinTin18(f): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
Atreides, la ho, e gui, e ma erhen ebo ro pa ro pa, ovbie osalobua me khin, grin

okay, lemme try to type in bini. I apologise in advance for my bad spellings, i'd rather speak than type, hehehe!! iyan vbe edo na ma ze se o ghe esan,,, so for that reason, if it appears like its not bini, consider it to be ishan grin

however, eghe ni na ye khere, iye mwen o we e zuwo, ovbe we egbe ma ran mwen, vbe, e di yi, so kpan, e e vbe digba ne, e e mo bo tie ebo me, rhumwhunda, o rhien vbe, e e ze yo!!, wowww!! I can explain myself in english if need be grin grin grin
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2011
@tintin,E ma gui. . So na me no come be ovbi'osanobua,ehn? I understand (part of)what you said. . Ehn hen,can anybody tell me what t'aikpen means? I'm not sure of the spelling sha but they always say i t'aikpen. @xxxcarolx,we're still working on it. By the time Missy B or Amazonia come around,they'll translate it perfectly for you.
Re: Bini Insults! by MissyB3(f): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
bokohalal:

some mild bini insults;
okpetu
ovbukho
emabule no wa iyekowa
ole moroko
odayon diku
oyi oba oyi evbo
uhun dan
izigha
ovbio omwemwen
Lol! Bravo! All classic. grin grin
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2011
TinTin18:

Atreides, la ho, e gui, e ma erhen ebo ro pa ro pa, ovbie osalobua me khin, grin

okay, lemme try to type in bini. I apologise in advance for my bad spellings, i'd rather speak than type, hehehe!! iyan vbe edo na ma ze se o ghe esan,,, so for that reason, if it appears like its not bini, consider it to be ishan grin

however, eghe ni na ye khere, iye mwen o we e zuwo, ovbe we egbe ma ran mwen, vbe, e di yi, so kpan, e e vbe digba ne, e e mo bo tie ebo me, rhumwhunda, o rhien vbe, e e ze yo!!, wowww!! I can explain myself in english if need be grin grin grin
you're sweet babe, smooth float. you can tell a story in edo, i bet.

Atreides:

@tintin,E ma gui. . So na me no come be ovbi'osanobua,ehn? I understand (part of)what you said. . Ehn hen,can anybody tell me what t'aikpen means? I'm not sure of the spelling sha but they always say i t'aikpen. @xxxcarolx,we're still working on it. By the time Missy B or Amazonia come around,they'll translate it perfectly for you.
t'aikpen (lo)  I think, this has something to do with GOSSIPING.

A t'aikpen w'ebare whodo.  who is gossiping out there.
Re: Bini Insults! by yme1(f): 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2011
bokohalal:

some mild bini insults;
okpetu
ovbukho
emabule no wa iyekowa
ole moroko
odayon diku
oyi oba oyi evbo
uhun dan
izigha
ovbio omwemwen
one touch cheesy cheesy
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 12:18am On Feb 10, 2011
Atreides:

. Ehn hen,can anybody tell me what t'aikpen means? I'm not sure of the spelling sha but they always say i t'aikpen.

Is taikpen not nagging? to nag or undecided
Re: Bini Insults! by bokohalal(m): 12:32am On Feb 10, 2011
'Itaikpen',to my more than average understanding of the Bini language, means simply 'to gossip'. 'Tuapkpe'on the other hand is a cross between 'persuade'and 'shout' depending on the context. Might be because you need to shout to persuade sometimes.
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 8:09am On Feb 10, 2011
honeric01:

Is taikpen not nagging? to nag or  undecided
But i don't nag. It's more like they send me on an errand and i comment on how someone else has been doing absolutely NOTHING all day and then they say i am t'aikpen-ing. Or i go out and when i get back home i discover that they've left the car for me to wash when there are other people in the house doing NOTHING and then i get all 'why did you people have to leave this work for me when so and so is at home? Couldn't they have done it?' and then they say i'm t'aikpen-ing.
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2011
bokohalal:

some mild bini insults;
okpetu
ovbukho
emabule no wa iyekowa
ole moroko
odayon diku
oyi oba oyi evbo
uhun dan
izigha
ovbio omwemwen
grin grin grin. Bad head,child of a mad person,person who smokes morocco,person who drinks alcohol to death(?). . Funny ish! grin grin grin
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 10:17am On Feb 10, 2011
Atreides:

But i don't nag. It's more like they send me on an errand and i comment on how someone else has been doing absolutely NOTHING all day and then they say i am t'aikpen-ing. Or i go out and when i get back home i discover that they've left the car for me to wash when there are other people in the house doing NOTHING and then i get all 'why did you people have to leave this work for me when so and so is at home? Couldn't they have done it?' and then they say i'm t'aikpen-ing.
to nag or bother somebody is kpokpo (popo). e.g "'e he popomwen". That is, do not bother me.
T'aikpen is to ridely or defiantly, talk about or to your elder. e.g" e gumwen t'aikpen e he hwa ".
Do not talk rudely to or about me, i am not you mate.
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2011
amazonia:

to nag or bother somebody is kpokpo (popo). e.g "'e he popomwen". That is, do not bother me.
T'aikpen is to ridely or defiantly, talk about or to your elder. e.g" e gumwen t'aikpen e he hwa ".
Do not talk rudely to or about me, i am not you mate.

T'aikpen is to nag bro, go and ask someone who's older, they'll tell you. T'aikpen is to complaining continuously about something

Why Kpopo is to disturb someone, you can disturb someone without saying one word, but you cannot t'aikpen without talking or complaining,

My mom use t'aikpen anytime she sends me on an errand and i keep complaining about why she didn't send someone else.
Re: Bini Insults! by Atreides(f): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2011
honeric01:

T'aikpen is to nag bro, go and ask someone who's older, they'll tell you. T'aikpen is to complaining continuously about something

Why Kpopo is to disturb someone, you can disturb someone without saying one word, but you cannot t'aikpen without talking or complaining,

My mom use t'aikpen anytime she sends me on an errand and i keep complaining about why she didn't send someone else.
This is the EXACT situation i'm talking about! She sends me on an errand and i complain about why she didn't send others who are doing nothing when i've done/am going to do more work than them.
That's not nagging/disturbing someone.
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2011
Is rudely not ridely i intended up there.

I think we are all right though, They are all some kind of negative communications.
verbal and non-verbal.

oniyen-owhan------should be gossiper then.

pamicikan (kpamicikan)----To talk negatvely (lie) about someone. defamation/slander.

Wa bo whee oo.------good morning you'all.
spellings might not be quite right.
Re: Bini Insults! by amazonia(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2011
Tuakpe on the other hand is to talk---- rapidly,loudly and argumentatively to other.
Re: Bini Insults! by honeric01(m): 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2011
Atreides:

That's not nagging/disturbing someone.

If ta'ikpen is not nagging, then what is it? undecided

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / 'Happy Birthday' In Igbo?