Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission (83427 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: AriseTV Tried To Stream Tinubu's Event Without Permission / Pantami: It’s Criminal Offence To Access Data In Nigeria Without Permission / Wike Sacks Princewill Chike For Hosting Programme Without Permission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by solochiben(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2020
sonnie10:
To me, this is wrong judgement. She has no right to privacy in a public place. Pictures taken in public are not private and should not enjoy such privileges.
Whatever embarrassment she is claiming that the picture caused her, was actually what she was captured in the picture doing in a public place. Pictures don’t lie.

This is a very dangerous precedence, it now means one cannot take pictures of people in parties, markets, churches, beach etc anymore.

The worst part was that a disclaimer was circulated oooo. In events like this disclaimers are always circulated.
At the end Nigeria na scam
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 29, 2020
you may quote to insult me, but the truth is I am hungry and I am an ulcer patient too, I cant steal because u will still condemn me, pls help your daughter with anything u have.
0010368892 emuka .c. Vivian Gtbank
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by udemzyudex(m): 7:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Centcanada:
Picture please. I smell politics of bitterness. This lady has been told to do this because I know she does not have the mind to do this. I now see the reason why they say BLACKS are the problem of the themselves.

Whether she was told or not pls let's try to do the right thing.

Believe me if we start complaining, tomorrow it will be your turn or my turn, and by then it will be a norm, and it will be very hard to get justice.

Let them pay her.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Mires: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2020
ambu2:

Hahaha! my brother forget, las las this case go reach Supreme court and the woman go don tire sef.

You think the woman doesn't have sponsors?

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by aimmoney9: 7:32am On Apr 29, 2020
immaq8:
hope she will live to eat the 5m. I fear PDP!
Na, PDP don't kill like DAT unlike d others ve u forgotten what happened to FUNSHO WILLIAMS.... PDP loves lives unlike apc
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by sonnie10: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
What are you saying? Why would you take pictures of someone I party before without their permission?

So if you go to a wedding party and take random pictures of beautifully dressed guests, there is a liability issue?
Except of course if you were not an invited guest, then trespassing and invasion of privacy might come in,
You don’t need permission to take pictures in any public place.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Dareal90s(m): 7:51am On Apr 29, 2020
Jibsy203:
Useless afonja lazy animal, u won't see 1kobo, instead of u to enter hold up begin de sell minerals like ur mother doing, and you're here looking for free money, fool
But she isn't Igbo na, only Igbo's go on hold up to sell gala nd fanyogo. She is a sophisticated Yoruba woman. Nd she's gonna get her money take it to any court of law.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by EvilSpirit5: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
ThatFairGuy:
What are you saying? Why would you take pictures of someone I party before without their permission?
[/s]
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by EvilSpirit5: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2020
[s]
ThatFairGuy:
Wow! I've always expect she wins.
Eat ya own from what they've stolen
[/s]
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Bluffly: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2020
chatinent:
At last, the trader may not even receive upto 60percent of the money (that's if it's paid).
He is meant to pay through the court I guess

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by lobbyist(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Corporate2020:
Atikuchukwu and Sarathief the Mesujamba are in trouble. This Jagaban is a killer. He strips his enemies nakked and rob pepper on their body.

Intels which is the fraudulent company that Atikuchukwu has been using to defraud the country since Atikuchukwu was VP, NPA stripped the company of the fraudulent contract. Sarathief:s houses in Lagos were confiscated by EFCC while Kwara State governor confiscated Sarathief houses in Ilorin.

The small change that the above two looters are using to manage, the Jagaban still organized one one to come and collect 5M out of it. That is POL 301: Suppressing the enemies in Contemporary Politics. As derived from one of the 45 Laws of Power, Crush the Enemy Completely.
Hope your jagaban is included among your list of thieves and looters. All politicians are corrupt,face front. Is tinubu feeding you?

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by thatsleepboy1: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2020
Jibsy203:
Useless afonja lazy animal, u won't see 1kobo, instead of u to enter hold up begin de sell minerals like ur mother doing, and you're here looking for free money, fool
Na wa o. Have u even seen the said picture to take good look at the woman.

sonnie10:

So if you go to a wedding party and take random pictures of beautifully dressed guests, there is a liability issue?
Except of course if you were not an invited guest, then trespassing and invasion of privacy might come in,
You don’t need permission to take pictures in any public place.
Well and gbamtastically said.
Isoduwa:
Where is the picture of the woman crying for no change?

Fake news �

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by alexola20(m): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2020
festacman:
Dear Bukola Saraki, please be a gentleman and pay this lucky woman the N5m award to help her 'ministry' move to permanent site. Please don't appeal this judgement. Do it as a lockdown giveaway. Afterall, N5m is mere chicken change compared to billions you and other senators earned for doing less than what most teachers in classrooms. [b]Thank you for usual cooperatio[/b][s][/s]n.
Saraki never cooperates.

Na thief.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by adelaja70(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Jibsy203:
YOU ARE A FOOL... I'M SURE YOU ARE IN YORUBA LAND. ILE YORUBA A GBONO MO E NI... ASE!

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Jaapu: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Pay her for what?? They even gave her Publicity

Why you no donate your mama to PDP to use.���

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by cardoctor(m): 8:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Where is d pic?
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:48am On Apr 29, 2020
During the coming days...
After or befor the payUp
She would say
This was a Mistake
Because Sometimes a Sleeping Dog is actually a wolf lying down in pretend.!
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by IkeOnyia: 8:51am On Apr 29, 2020
Jesus Christ is merciful.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by senatordave1(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2020
Atiku the criminal must pay the poor,innocent woman
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by omurphy23456: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2020
It is certain that she wont be paid a dim, but rather appeal will be taken because , every human whose face appears in the said picture has same right as she do hence if they are negligent enough to pay her then they should be prepared to pay so many others.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Urokompo: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2020
Where is the picture.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by seunmsg(m): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2020
festacman:
Dear Bukola Saraki, please be a gentleman and pay this lucky woman the N5m award to help her 'ministry' move to permanent site. Please don't appeal this judgement. Do it as a lockdown giveaway. Afterall, N5m is mere chicken change compared to billions you and other senators earned for doing less than what most teachers in classrooms. Thank you for usual cooperation.

Nonsense. Saraki and Atiku are not helping the woman’s ministry and they are not giving her any giveaway. If they wanted to help her genuinely, they would have reached an out of court settlement with her before the judgement.

This is a judgement debt that they must pay. They can appeal if they want to but I can assure you the money will only increase. There is no point appealing to them for anything. They owe her now and they must pay else, a garnishee order would be obtained against their accounts.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by fof1: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://thenationonlineng.net/court-orders-atiku-saraki-to-pay-n5m-for-unauthorised-use-of-photos-for-campaign/

YES, MY GOOD FRIEND ATIKU AND CO WILL KEEP THEIR VALUABLE HONOUR. ITS NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL. PLS. GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM AND GOD BLESS MADAM ADELEKE AND PARTNERS...
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by seunmsg(m): 9:20am On Apr 29, 2020
sonnie10:
To me, this is wrong judgement. She has no right to privacy in a public place. Pictures taken in public are not private and should not enjoy such privileges.
Whatever embarrassment she is claiming that the picture caused her, was actually what she was captured in the picture doing in a public place. Pictures don’t lie.

This is a very dangerous precedence, it now means one cannot take pictures of people in parties, markets, churches, beach etc anymore.

You mean I can sit down quietly at a wedding ceremony and someone would come and take my picture and use it for a commercial advert or political campaign without my approval?

If it happens that I am a card carrying member of an opposition party to the party of the candidate that used my picture for political advert, do you know the kind of embarrassment that I would face? Are you aware I can be expelled from my party for anti party activities?
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by ud4u: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Stalwert:
grin grin what would expect from a fraudulent candidate and Party of crooks and Treasury looters.

Please can you tell us your party and what they are known for
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by winningwinner(m): 9:36am On Apr 29, 2020
GamalNasser:

.they have to pay her since they used her pics without permission

If I am shooting a film or having a road show and in the course of carrying out my assignment my camera picks you, I would go any length with all the rushes without getting anyone's permission. Those lawyers defending Saraki and co are just learning work. The judge must have intimidated them.
Nothing for that woman as long as this case is concerned.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by Roma10: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Dont worry You must recevie that alert 5milli Na this luck down even make me remmeber say some kind pple hol me moni
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by egorov(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Lucky her, if she had been civil about it and found a way to contact them for compensation, they would not have obliged. They should just be nice and pay her jeje
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by egorov(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
winningwinner:

If I am shooting a film or having a road show and in the course of carrying out my assignment my camera picks you, I would go any length with all the rushes without getting anyone's permission. Those lawyers defending Saraki and co are just learning work. The judge must have intimidated them.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by egorov(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2020
winningwinner:

You seem not to know Jack about law. U think this is nollywiod? It will amaze that I can sue u for having a swing in your house if a child came to play on it and got injured without u inviting her.
The lawyers are not learners, the woman was able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they made her the focal point of the advert.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by ChristianNorth: 9:59am On Apr 29, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
A good lawyer will get this payment. A garnishee order may be invoked if Atiku does not want to play ball.
Don't deceive yourself.

Atiku has not exhausted all his legal options and it will cost the poor trader close to N5m to pursue the case up to the Supreme Court.

Again, if the said photo was downloaded, the trader has no case unless it is copyrighted.

The case should be between Atiku and the website he downloaded it from.

The trader has to prove that the photo is protected by copyright..

Finally, the campaign design was contracted to a third party firm and the contract will definitely state that the firm will bear responsibility for all copyright breaches.

Atiku will pay nothing.
Re: Atiku To Pay ₦5 Million For Using Trader's Picture Without Permission by ChristianNorth: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2020
egorov:

You seem not to know Jack about law. U think this is nollywiod? It will amaze that I can sue u for having a swing in your house if a child came to play on it and got injured without u inviting her.
The lawyers are not learners, the woman was able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they made her the focal point of the advert.
Story.

It will cost the woman over N5m to win the case at the Supreme Court.

Again, nothing concerns Saraki and Atiku here.

PDP should be the main respondent, PDP Presidential Campaign Council should be the second respondent, Atiku and Saraki should be 3rd and 4th respondents respectively.

The case is dead on arrival.

Even if PDP lose the case, the liability will be transferred to the firm that designed the campaign

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Senator Joseph Wayas' Corpse Abandoned In London Over Funds / Nnamdi Kanu Featured On Israeli National TV, Reveals What He Told FG. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.