Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

See What "LOL",LMAO, LWKMD And Other Internet Abbreviations Means In Chat. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See What "LOL",LMAO, LWKMD And Other Internet Abbreviations Means In Chat. (6393 Views)

IDE {Another Of My Shorties I Wrote Sometime Ago...lol} / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her / 50 Funny Birthday Wishes That Would Make You Lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What "LOL",LMAO, LWKMD And Other Internet Abbreviations Means In Chat. by Tunex252(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2020
During my early days on using the internet, I always have this problem of feeling embarrassed when I am chatting with a fellow on Facebook or Whatsapp and they sent me messages which include abbreviations.

In as much as I don't entertain the use of abbreviations in my writings, even right from my secondary school days I always make sure I write in full even when the teacher is dictating. I always feel weird when I see such abbreviations and I can't comprehend its meaning. Hence, I had to research them to find out what they actually mean.

I know many of us here are on this table, but not to worry, this post will help you understand some of these internet slangs/abbreviations and how to use them effectively

Lol- Laugh out loud

Lwkmd- Laugh wan kill me die

Lmao- Laugh my ass off

Omg - Oh my God

Brb -Be right back

Gr8 -Great

Ily - I love you

ROFL - Rolling on the floor

Stfu- Shut the f**k up

Lmk - Let me know

Yolo - You only live once

Smh- Shaking my head

Admin- Administrator

Aka - Also known as

B-day - Birthday

BF- Boyfriend

GF- Girlfriend

HMU- Hit me up

ASAP- As soon as possible

TGIF Thank God it's Friday

IDK- I don't know

TBH - To be honest

FYI - For your information

NVM - Nevermind

IDC - I don't care

For more internet slangs and abbreviations, refer to the image below.
If u have any that you feel that is not present on the list, feel free to drop it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dele Olojede Wins McNulty Prize Worth 16 Million Naira / Blood & Water (A Short Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Raging Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.