Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study (33866 Views)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by Roon9(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Waiting for a day our Muslim countries will provide solutions to things like this cheesy grin and I hope those people that always shout death to American and always burn America flag will not take America cure or vaccine cheesy grin

Nadaaaaaa! Since I was born nothing dem don do.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by chewwie(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:
At least it went through credible trials, unlike the chloroquine and bleach that one country's president was touting as a cure!
Please please please, educate yourself. I read a French study that showed that a combination of hydroxychloroquine (antimalarial) and azithromycin (antibiotic) reduces the viral loads in covid-19 patients. Similar studies were carried out in China, India, Germany, Belgium, and Israel. Thousands of patients have recovered thanks to those drugs. It so happens that remdesivir has made it through trials faster.
Don't just jettison a promising drug combo simply because someone you don't like (or someone you've been told to hate) praised the drug combo. Did Trump's medical advisers dispel the drug's potency? Democratic governors and lawmakers made them readily available in their own states, keep politics out of science.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by chewwie(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2020
contigiency:

Oga, suggestions are not meant for presidents alone. Give us your own solution. I know that many unfortunate things like you have been applauding Trump who has stupidly led many to death through his life threatening advice, all because he is the president of the so called saner clime.

My little happiness in all of this, is just the fact that this virus has helped to expose many things. One of those things is the fact that saner clime of a thing is hoax. Otherwise, how can a president be talking so stupidly like Trump has been doing over this virus? And the supposed educated and saner people, foolishly accepted and started killing themselves with chloroquine and disinfectants.
You misinformed fellow. Trump's chloroquine statements have not killed anyone, to the best of my knowledge.
The Arizona couple who died drank fish tank cleaner that contained chloroquine phosphate and other harmful chemicals. She was cleaning her garage, saw the bottle of chemical her husband uses in pond cleaning, went through the ingredients and saw chloroquine phosphate, and she gave to her husband to drink after taking a swig herself. How is Trump to blame for her stupidity? She didn't even have the virus!
Trump never called the virus a hoax, he said the dems trying to pin it on him as they do with everything is a hoax. Did you know that they've set up a committee to investigate Trump's reaction to the virus?
Who has injected themselves with disinfectants that you know of?
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by chewwie(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by obailala(m): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Because Big Pharma doesnt want you to hear about it
It's been over a month since chloroquin was announced as a possible cure, and in the last month, almost 20,000 people have died of covid-19 in the UK alone, not to mention the multitude dying in other places.

If chloroquin is truly as effective as you claim to treat this plague (i.e. 100% efficacy as you claim), do you really believe its efficacy can be suppressed so much (by big pharma or whoever) under these prevailing deaths?
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by chewwie(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2020
1vid:
Why white folks keep downgrading Africans? Madagascar produces their own drugs, no recognition.

I am not too blaming yahoo boys oooooo
If someone you know and love is dying from the virus and you had to decide which drug he's to take, which would you choose? The American drug or the Madagascan drug?
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by citygarden(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2020
I don’t know the problems of the world, especially Africa. If the vaccine is not form the west, we will not take it seriously. Look at Senegal too that developed the cheapest testing kits and ventilator testing. And it available. We are looking for western ventilator that is not available, even cost.
ozoebuka1:
They'd rush it because it's European made but Madagascar had their own cure everyone is avoiding it because it wasn't made in Europe... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by chewwie(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:

It does not work as much as you think o, it just might make you live 4 or 5 days longer before you die, so please be careful still!
Please, read the entire piece and research a bit more
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by Aroyjunior(m): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:
At least it went through credible trials, unlike the chloroquine and bleach that one country's president was touting as a cure!

What has your own country brought to the the table than to give announcement of new cases and commissioning of new isolations centres and begging for covid 19 equipments,same country that said chloroquine and bleach still made further researches for ramdesivir,not your own country that wants to ease lockdown without thinking of how to control the virus in case the situation get out of hands.
Please be appreciative and not condemning like an ungrateful Nigerian.
Las las na there una go still go collect the drug o.Group of olodos.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by Aroyjunior(m): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Adakintroy2 post=89014390]

If trump tells you to drink bleach as a cure for something and you drank and die, then it was not he trump who killed you.

[/quoteGod bless you my brother
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by GamalNasser: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2020
obailala:
It's been over a month since chloroquin was announced as a possible cure, and in the last month, almost 20,000 people have died of covid-19 in the UK alone, not to mention the multitude dying in other places.

If chloroquin is truly as effective as you claim to treat this plague (i.e. 100% efficacy as you claim), do you really believe its efficacy can be suppressed so much (by big pharma or whoever) under these prevailing deaths?

Most democrats states places restrictions on the use of chloroquine and that's why the death kept spiking , trust me there is too much politics in the drug industry , big pharma can never allow a one dollar generic treatment be the cure for COVID and that's why they are fighting chloroquine and organic artemisinin that Madagascar is using to get 100 percent cure rate ..

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by onlyforchrist: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:
Please, insult buda. Pretty please, just do.
You don't need this Buda. one love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by obailala(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Most democrats states places restrictions on the use of chloroquine and that's why the death kept spiking , trust me there is too much politics in the drug industry , big pharma can never allow a one dollar generic treatment be the cure for COVID and that's why they are fighting chloroquine and organic artemisinin that Madagascar is using to get 100 percent cure rate ..
I wasn't refering to the US, I meant globally. People in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and other nations that have lost over 20,000 lives, are you effectively suggesting that they haven't heard of chloroquin? If Chloroquin was 100% effective, why do we still have covid-19 patients dying recklessly in these other countries? Or are the people in these countries also so stupid to be falling for a US republican vs democrat politics?.. WHat about Nigeria even? Why are we still having fatalities in Nigeria where chloroquin can be gotten from any roadside chemist?

There's no doubt that chloroquin may effectively help in some patients and in some cases, but there's a Nigerian proverb that says "strong babalawo no need signboard". If Chloroquin were a tenth as effective as you claim, no amount of politics can suppress it even within the US, let alone around the world..

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by GamalNasser: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
obailala:
I wasn't refering to the US, I meant globally. People in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and other nations that have lost over 20,000 lives, are you effectively suggesting that they haven't heard of chloroquin? If Chloroquin was 100% effective, why do we still have covid-19 patients dying recklessly in these other countries? Or are the people in these countries also so stupid to be falling for a US republican vs democrat politics?.. WHat about Nigeria even? Why are we still having fatalities in Nigeria where chloroquin can be gotten from any roadside chemist?

There's no doubt that chloroquin may effectively help in some patients and in some cases, but there's a Nigerian proverb that says "strong babalawo no need signboard". If Chloroquin were a tenth as effective as you claim, no amount of politics can suppress it even within the US, let alone around the world..

The truth is that anybody that died didn't use Chloroquine...It's very effective against COVID and many research has shown this , Sir Big Pharma politics is not easy to handle , it's obvious they wanted one them to get a patented cure so as to make money and I am happy Gilead science got it instead of that evil bill gates Vaccine option ..this is all about profit for big pharma , can you see how Gilead Science stock has shot up over night and the value of the company jumped form 60 billion dollars to over 130 billion dollars over night .. Don't allow the sinister politic if this world blind you

See below a credible research on Chloroquine for you reading
https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69#Fig2

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by budaatum: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
I am very delighted with all the mentions and likes and shares. I know some of you think you might be insulting buda but I know we all want the best for our country (and probably the entire world) in these dire times, and we all just have different ways of getting there. Sorry I shan't be responding to you all individually as I normally would.

Some of you have accused me of misinterpreting the article in the op. Some of you would also know that some do not live by ops alone but do further research, and I'm certain some of you know the relevance of The Lancet in the medical field.

Below is an extract from an article entitled Remdesivir in adults with severe COVID-19: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial

In summary, we found that this dose regimen of intravenous remdesivir was adequately tolerated but did not provide significant clinical or antiviral effects in seriously ill patients with COVID-19. However, we could not exclude clinically meaningful differences and saw numerical reductions in some clinical parameters. Ongoing studies with larger sample sizes will continue to inform our understanding of the effect of remdesivir on COVID-19. Furthermore, strategies to enhance the antiviral potency of remdesivir (eg, higher-dose regimens, combination with other antivirals, or SARS-CoV-2 neutralising antibodies) and to mitigate immunopathological host responses contributing to COVID-19 severity (eg, inhibitors of IL-6, IL-1, or TNFα) require rigorous study in patients with severe COVID-19.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31022-9/fulltext

By the Grace of the Lord God Almighty, or Allah, or Science, or whatever each holds sacred and holy, none of you or yours will catch covid19 or die of corona virus. You will all live long upon the land that you have been given.

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by obailala(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

The truth is that anybody that died didn't use Chloroquine...It's very effective against COVID and many research has shown this , Sir Big Pharma politics is not easy to handle , it's obvious they wanted one them to get a patented cure so as to make money and I am happy Gilead science got it instead of that evil bill gates Vaccine option ..this is all about profit for big pharma , can you see how Gilead Science stock has shot up over night and the value of the company jumped form 60 billion dollars to over 130 billion dollars over night .. Don't allow the sinister politic if this world blind you

See below a credible research on Chloroquine for you reading
https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69#Fig2
Life is too precious; when it comes to holding on to life, most people care less about politics and economics. All you're speaking above is political and economic conspiracy theories.

Like I said before, a potently strong babalawo doesnt need tv or radio commercials, and neither do they need powerful capitalists to help advertise the potency of their charm. If a babalawo is strong, desperate people will seek and find him wherever he hides. Likewise, if chloroquin is as effective as some folks are claiming it is, no amount of politics or economical conspiracy or manipulation can suppress the news of its effectiveness from a desperate dying world.

This isnt just one regional sickness killing people maybe in one remote village in Africa; if that were the case, then maybe the economic manipulations you allege here can easily come into play. But in this case, we're talking of a global pandemic rapidly killing the rich, the poor, the high and the mighty. If a very very common drug such as chloroquin can truly and effectively cure covid19, no amount of economic or political manipulation can keep that info away from a desperate world.

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by GamalNasser: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
obailala:
Life is too precious and when it comes to holding on to life, most people care less about politics and economics. All you're speaking above is political and economics conspiracy theories. Like I said before, a potently strong babalawo doesnt need tv or radio commercials, deseperate people will seek and find him wherever he hides. If chloroquin is as effective as some folks are claiming it is, no amount of politics or economical conspiracies can suppress its effectiveness.

This isnt just one regional sickness killing people maybe in one remote village in Africa; if that were the case, then maybe the economic manipulations you allege here can easily come into play. But in this case, we're talking of a global pandemic rapidly killing the rich, the poor, the high and the mighty. If a very very common drug such as chloroquin can truly and effectively cure covid19, no amount of economic or political manipulation can keep that info away from a desperate world.

But it has successfully manipulatively kept it from you with the way you are speaking.

You have seen many evidence from people on how the drug saved their life including from an anti Trump politician and you still doubt

You have video testimonies big people testifying how it saved their lives but you still doubt.

You have seen a very credible research from a credible research institute but you still doubt

Sir , can't you see how you have been effectively manipulated ?

Chloroquine was removed from anti malarial remedies decades ago with a huge lie that the malarial parasite had developed resistance to it grin grin but the truth is that it was blacklisted because it was interfering, I have never stopped using Chloroquine for one day in my life , it's my drug of choice for malaria all these years and it completely clears the plasmodium parasite from my blood in one dose ..
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by obailala(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

But it has successfully manipulatively kept it from you with the way you are speaking.

You have seen many evidence from people on how the drug saved their life including from an anti Trump politician and you still doubt

You have video testimonies big people testifying how it saved their lives but you still doubt.

You have seen a very credible research from a credible research institute but you still doubt

Sir , can't you see how you have been effectively manipulated ?

Chloroquine was removed from anti malarial remedies decades ago with a huge lie that the malarial parasite had developed resistance to it grin grin but the truth is that it was blacklisted because it was interfering, I have never stopped using Chloroquine for one day in my life , it's my drug of choice for malaria all these years and it completely clears the plasmodium parasite from my blood in one dose ..
If chloroquin was so effective on covid19, the world would have been using it mercilessly amd tens of thousands of people wouldnt be dying everyday in europe. No amount of political manipulation can stop hundreds of thousands of people from using it to save their lives if it truly works. Stop swallowing all these conspiracy theories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by tammie24: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Sharap you Buharist!!!!!!! Chloroquine has been proven to have a 100 percent efficacy against COVID and Trump never said bleach was a cure to anything ...You Muslims should leave Trump alone and take your problems to Saudi that put you in this bondage in the first place
thank you o jare!

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by daroz(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Waiting for a day our Muslim countries will provide solutions to things like this cheesy grin and I hope those people that always shout death to American and always burn America flag will not take America cure or vaccine cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy grin
The Muslim country will not and can never provide a scientific or technological solution to any problem in the world. Infact, they don’t have the ability or the will to profane any solution to any of the world problems. They all look forward to the Europeans and Americans. Just like we Africans, the only thing the Muslim world have is Religion, which is totally useless to the world ‘s problem today as the P in psychology.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by SirKomA(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
is the same country that is also telling us this one ,what has ur own president told us from his own end?

The way buharist are fast at attacking Trump and wouldn't do the same to the man at Aso rock is so ridiculous. Blind leader leading blind followers! SMH
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by SpeakOut007: 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
Rilwayne001:

grin cheesy

Please, what is the name of this application used to buy these shares.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by GiZcorp: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
budaatum:

It does not work as much as you think o, it just might make you live 4 or 5 days longer before you die, so please be careful still!
And you expect your parents to be proud you're educated. How on earth did you arrive at your own conclusion??
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by africanpride1: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Oga, use your brain na! You still don't know that some set of people that have puppets in every Country now think they own you and everybody, and decide what happens?! There is no where you can see Chloroquine to buy. I've searched everywhere for it for the past 4weeks. My people in USA tried desperately too, they couldn't get it anywhere because the ban on it is being heavily monitored as if it is more dangerous than Cocaine! If it's not effective, why has WHO and World Big Pharma frantically ensure that it goes out of Circulation?! Why did they stop India from supplying it into America? You better know what Time it is currently.
obailala:

1 Like

Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by budaatum: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
GiZcorp:

And you expect your parents to be proud you're educated. How on earth did you arrive at your own conclusion??
I wonder if your parents would be proud of you insulting someone else's parents.

https://www.nairaland.com/5825367/remdesivir-proves-effective-against-coronavirus/4#89023428
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by Geeky23: 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Gamelnesser whatever, u r saying pure shit,chloroquine neva worked 4 covid 19,d pic u posted was by a trump supporter so basically u stand 4 trump,u r very ignorant of wat is happening in today's world so u beta study harder nd dont post shit here
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by Rilwayne001: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
SpeakOut007:

Please, what is the name of this application used to buy these shares.

Trove.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by luluman: 12:32am On May 01, 2020
budaatum:

I wonder why people keep calling buda a Muslim as if being a Muslim is some sort of disease. I bet you pressume to be a Christian too and do not consider me your neighbour or your enemy even whom Christ taught you to love!

No need to be rude. Just go and catch coronavirus and cure yourself with chloroquine.
Use your brain now, do you have to tell anybody to catch any virus? If you can't make clear argument without making trouble you are a loser.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by luluman: 12:34am On May 01, 2020
Miracle1991:
ranting of a fuuul
Answer from a product of bad parenting.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by SpeakOut007: 1:03am On May 01, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Trove.

Thanks
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by budaatum: 4:09am On May 01, 2020
luluman:
Use your brain now, do you have to tell anybody to catch any virus? If you can't make clear argument without making trouble you are a loser.
Love how you've managed to show what you are.
Re: Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study by luluman: 2:02pm On May 01, 2020
budaatum:

Love how you've managed to show what you are.
LOSER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How 7,276 Patients Contracted COVID-19 In Nigeria Unknown - NCDC / 9 Life Threatening Things You Do Every Day / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.