Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Charlie Chaplin - Final Speech The Dictator. 1947 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charlie Chaplin - Final Speech The Dictator. 1947 (261 Views)

Buhari Speech @ The 77 Session of The UNGA / The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charlie Chaplin - Final Speech The Dictator. 1947 by Tboy1419: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor
That's not my business
I don't want to rule or conquer anyone
I should like to help everyone if possible
Jew, Gentile, Black Man, White
We all want to help one another, human beings are like that
We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery
We don't want to hate and despise one another
And this world has room for everyone, and the good Earth is rich and can provide for everyone
The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way
Greed has posioned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed
We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in
Machinery that gives us abundance has left us in want
Our knowledge has made us cynincal
Our cleverness, hard and unkind
We think too much, and feel too little
More than machinery, we need humanity
More that cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness
Without these qualities life will be violent, and all will be lost
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together
The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all
Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people
To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress
The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people
And so long as men die, liberty will never perish
Soldiers!
Don't give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel!
Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder
Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!
You are not machines!
You are not cattle!
You are men!
You have the love of humanity in your hearts!
You don't hate!
Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural!
Soldiers!
Don't fight for slavery!
Fight for liberty!
In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: "the Kingdom of God is within man" - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men!
In you!
You, the people have the power - the power to create machines
The power to create happiness!
You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure
Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite
Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security
By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power
But they lie!
They do not fulfil that promise
They never will!
Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people!
Now let us fight to fulfil that promise!
Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance
Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness
Soldiers!
In the name of democracy, let us all unite
Re: Charlie Chaplin - Final Speech The Dictator. 1947 by Tboy1419: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
The world are awaking, all dictator must perish, but only in Nigeria we cherish them, make them like God's we become slave to our government we vote in power, the government that promise us freedom of speech, the government that promise us free education, all we see is lies, all we see is dictatorship, we don't have freedom of speech, but freedom of slavery, freedom of poverty and hardship, when are we going to wake up in Africa, and stop hating ourself and fight for our right, the right of freedom, the right of good education, the right of free and fare election, the right to love ourselves as human, not as tribes, not as religion, but as one big family in one country, until we do the right thing we will all remain slave and puppet to this evil government.
Re: Charlie Chaplin - Final Speech The Dictator. 1947 by Samfloxin(m): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
If only the world can learn...lo !! I remember...the world doesn't learn

(1) (Reply)

SH0CKER! APC Confirms President Buhari Appointed Daed Person, Gives Good Reason / Address By Executive Governor Of Plateau State On The Continuation Of Lockdown / Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres, Minister Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.