Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Promised To Present Self To Police Before Saturday- By Sunday Apah,i - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Promised To Present Self To Police Before Saturday- By Sunday Apah,i (262 Views)

Tanzanian Thief Surrenders To Police As Stolen Bag 'Refuses To Leave His Head' / Robber Kills Partner In Bayelsa, Reports Himself To Police (Photo) / Woman Who Always Locks Her Maid Up For Weeks When Traveling Surrenders To Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Promised To Present Self To Police Before Saturday- By Sunday Apah,i by Omoko1: 12:14am On Apr 30, 2020
The Muslim cleric who defied lockdown order which made the Commissioner of Police, Delta state ordered for his arrest, has stated that he will soon present himself to the police for interrogation.

In an telephone chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Imam Mohammed Young Okotie said he only traveled out to avoid unnecessary tension and will never run from the police.

Okotie and hundreds of Muslim faithful have allegedly held last Jumat service at the Ekakpamre Central Mosque in Ughelli South Local Government Area of the state in defilement of the prohibition of large gathering in the state.

The Imam lamented the poor treatment of the Muslims in the council especially during the recent distribution of COVID-19 palliatives by the state government as responsible for his action.

Irked by his action, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Hafiz Mohammed-Inuwa recently ordered for his arrest and prosecution.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onowakpoyeya, who confirmed the CP's directive, said the Imam is now currently on the run in a bid to evade arrest and subsequent prosecution.

But in a telephone chat with Imam Mohammed Young Okotie on Tuesday, he said "I am not running from the police, I only travelled out just to cool temper and douse tension".

"I will present my self to the police between Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. They can fine me or otherwise, when I am prepared to meet the police, I will call you (DAILY INDEPENDENT) to follow up", he added
Re: Promised To Present Self To Police Before Saturday- By Sunday Apah,i by ItzKennybest67(m): 12:15am On Apr 30, 2020
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Force Arrest People Who Refuse To Use Nose Marks On The Street. / Ikotun Police Man Killed My Brother / What Is The Best Penalty For Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.