Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) (289 Views)

Coronavirus: 15 Imams Arrested In Kano For Defying Lockdown Order / Why Do Security Accompany The Imams In The Haramain? / The Four Imams Of Ahalal Sunna Wal Ja’ma’a (the Sunni Muslims) By Baba Ali Musta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Razram: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Since the inception of the corona virus, muslims around the world has been subjected to pray at home with social distancing. But something struck my mind after some days in Ramadan. The work of Alfas and Imams, Before the advent of covid 19, the muslims gathered with alfas in mosque for admonishment, who lead prayers as well as look after other islamic activities for the ummah without salaries. But to my greatest dissapointment we muslims are fond of castigating them with different unheard of issues like laziness and all sort of most especially in Yoruba land. Now that they've abandoned the mosque. Can we now bath our deads ourselves? Can we name our child in the islamic way when we born? How many of us are praying appropriately if we even pray at all this period? I even heard some of our newest imams at home are reciting suratul ikhlas 10* during taraweeh. Sheikh Al fulani during this Ramadan with one bro. Taofeeq who couldnt recite suratul Nasr properly with attahiyat causes a lot of dissatisfaction from my side about muslims. And this brother will lead as imam for his household? What an error. The viral video sound funny, but the reality is downed on us as muslims now. However, we dont pay our regular Alfas and Imams any thing oo, they do these activities on selflessness. I'm wondering the number of muslims whose solat would have gone into oblivion as a result of no imam to lead for them to pray behind. I wonder how our last ten days will be with this no gathering we are in. It is high time we rethink and organize as a collective community to find solutions to the welfare of our imams and Alfas at the grassroot level. We need a change so that these set of people won't feel cheated(though they've accepted it as faith) and they can as well be able to cater for their families as we do to ours in a proper way.

I still remain an advocate for change in the muslim world.
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2020
Every Muslim should take learning about Islam seriously. All those things you mentioned are what each and every one of us should know!

Being an Alfa doesn't mean we should not have any other side huzzle.

I know Alfas who are lecturers, traders, Electricians, Plumbers, etc.

Of cos we can bath the dead ourselves.

Of cos we do not need any Alfa to name our child. The name was already in the birth certificate before even calling the Alfa.

Recitation of the Qur'an is important for us all to learn. And this is continuous...

I would rather say the lockdown has shown how ineffective these our Alfas had been.

Or the lockdown exposed how reckless some of us has been to learning the religion, knowing/practising it, teaching our family...

The system of learning Islam a "certain generational way" and teaching Islam that same generational way to those who will keep teaching it the same way is ancient.

We need to adopt a new approach in Yoruba land.
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Razram: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Every Muslim should take learning about Islam seriously. All those things you mentioned are what each and every one of us should know!

Being an Alfa doesn't mean we should not have any other side huzzle.

I know Alfas who are lecturers, traders, Electricians, Plumbers, etc.

Of cos we can bath the dead ourselves.

Of cos we do not need any Alfa to name our child. The name was already in the birth certificate before even calling the Alfa.

Recitation of the Qur'an is important for us all to learn. And this is continuous...

I would rather say the lockdown has shown how ineffective these our Alfas had been.

Or the lockdown exposed how reckless some of us has been to learning the religion, knowing/practising it, teaching our family...

The system of learning Islam a "certain generational way" and teaching Islam that same generational way to those who will keep teaching it the same way is ancient.

We need to adopt a new approach in Yoruba land.

Sir, u mentioned all these because you have the opportunity to attend with support both financially anf others. How about the poor. The less knowledgeable, Allah said he has created us unequal in all aspects, how about those deficient about all these?. Brother because you know and have the knowledge doesnt make everyone a scholar too. Half baked muslims. Sir, to the best of my knowledge when are we going to produce people like Sudais in our masjids who are 100% devoted to this work. Let Alfas and Imams go work in offices too with timetables, then we see dead bodies waited more than appropriate times before being buried coz their works are official, no time for them to attend to us again. Bro. I still stand on my opinion we need a change. Where in the world are d scholars treated like trash d way we do in yoruba land?.

Sir, concerning child naming, who will inform them what to do if no one is in d mosque to take the role of sensitizing them on how to go about it. The problems we have in Africa is that we look at foreigners to judge ourselves but we failed to do what they do to our fellows. My dear brethren in deen, we need to stand on the existing truth. We need to rethink else, we are going into selling our people out to others as a brother said to me one day that we muslims sells out our brethrens indirectly without knowing with our attitudes. The funniest is our brothers sold our scholars out making them unvaluable to other scholars and people of jest with the way you have presented the idea.

Change begins with us brother in deen
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2020
Razram:

Sir, u mentioned all these because you have the opportunity to attend with support both financially anf others. How about the poor. The less knowledgeable, Allah said he has created us unequal in all aspects, how about those deficient about all these?. Brother because you know and have the knowledge doesnt make everyone a scholar too. Half baked muslims. Sir, to the best of my knowledge when are we going to produce people like Sudais in our masjids who are 100% devoted to this work. Let Alfas and Imams go work in offices too with timetables, then we see dead bodies waited more than appropriate times before being buried coz their works are official, no time for them to attend to us again. Bro. I still stand on my opinion we need a change. Where in the world are d scholars treated like trash d way we do in yoruba land?.

Sir, concerning child naming, who will inform them what to do if no one is in d mosque to take the role of sensitizing them on how to go about it. The problems we have in Africa is that we look at foreigners to judge ourselves but we failed to do what they do to our fellows. My dear brethren in deen, we need to stand on the existing truth. We need to rethink else, we are going into selling our people out to others as a brother said to me one day that we muslims sells out our brethrens indirectly without knowing with our attitudes. The funniest is our brothers sold our scholars out making them unvaluable to other scholars and people of jest with the way you have presented the idea.

Change begins with us brother in deen

Look critically at the foundation of Islam on Yoruba land. The Babas tried their best though but Islam is not the inheritance of any Baba! Knowledge is widespread now. Though there are many scholars only a few will direct you to the Qur'an and Sunnah!

What have the Alfas being teaching all this while that the congregation can't pray Solah on their own? Even to recite Fatiha na wahala!

It's not when you are thirsty that you start looking for where to fetch water. What if there's no where to fetch and it's midnight?

We learn and practice what we have learnt.

Until all of us return to the Qur'an and Sunnah and imbibe orderliness and structure in our activities we would keep going out of sync with reality.
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Razram: 7:12am On May 01, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Look critically at the foundation of Islam on Yoruba land. The Babas tried their best though but Islam is not the inheritance of any Baba! Knowledge is widespread now. Though there are many scholars only a few will direct you to the Qur'an and Sunnah!

What have the Alfas being teaching all this while that the congregation can't pray Solah on their own? Even to recite Fatiha na wahala!

It's not when you are thirsty that you start looking for where to fetch water. What if there's no where to fetch and it's midnight?

We learn and practice what we have learnt.

Until all of us return to the Qur'an and Sunnah and imbibe orderliness and structure in our activities we would keep going out of sync with reality.

I still stand on the point that not everyone can be knowledgeable, some need to be guided brother. Understand d concept. Islam didnt make provision for them in our environment.

Dont say they arent directing to sunnah, say their effort is not enough sir
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2020
Razram:

I still stand on the point that not everyone can be knowledgeable, some need to be guided brother. Understand d concept. Islam didnt make provision for them in our environment.

Dont say they arent directing to sunnah, say their effort is not enough sir

You know when your sustenance is from your congregation, you won't be able to tell them the truth.

You'll always want them to come back to you.
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Razram: 12:30pm On May 01, 2020
That is the mentality of the black man, thats even the time to let thwm know d fact, if it is from.congregation and not a single person. Even they will be d one to want to hear from u , u wont be finding them again. There is one verse in the quran that says we shouldnt sell the word of Allah freely, ive forgotten, thats what salafis are using in their doctrine of teaching quran and it works for them. Let us use it in mosque too. There is one adage that says what u dont pay for u wont value it.

My fear is what we failed to do now if care os not taking, the mosque might be empty in future with no imams and to hear the words of quram one will have to pay.

For instance, in the present world weve started paying indirecrly as educated asaatiz are going online and as u watch U are paying indirectly through your data.

Bro. Lets do d needful before it gets out of hand.
Re: Covid 19, Islam, Muslims And Their Scholars(imams And Alfas) by Razram: 12:31pm On May 01, 2020
That is the mentality of the black man, thats even the time to let thwm know d fact, if it is from.congregation and not a single person. Even they will be d one to want to hear from u , u wont be finding them again. There is one verse in the quran that says we shouldnt sell the word of Allah freely, ive forgotten, thats what salafis are using in their doctrine of teaching quran and it works for them. Let us use it in mosque too. There is one adage that says what u dont pay for u wont value it.

My fear is what we failed to do now if care os not taking, the mosque might be empty in future with no imams and to hear the words of quram one will have to pay.

For instance, in the present world weve started paying indirecrly as educated asaatiz are going online and as u watch U are paying indirectly through your data.

Bro. Lets do d needful before it gets out of hand

(1) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak / Which Should Take Precedence – Getting Married Or Spending On His Parents? / A 30 Years War Between The Catholics And The Protestants That Claimed About 8 Mi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.