Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive (265 Views)

I Am Still COVID-19 Positive, El-Rufai Speaks From Isolation / In C/river, Buhari, Atiku To Share Votes / Stella E. Nkoro PDP Declared Winner Of The Ikom II State Constitiency, C. River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive by GODWINLOWSKI: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2020
The government of Cross River State has alleged that people are being promised millions of naira should they claim to be COVID-19 positive.

The state Commissioner of Health, Betta Edu, who made this claim, emphasised that it was not compulsory that every state in Nigeria must have a COVID-19 case.

She spoke to newsmen on Wednesday, adding, that the alleged pressure on the state over COVID-19 matter should cease.

“I want all of us to help Cross River State raise a voice in the right direction. It is not compulsory and I repeat it is not compulsory that every state in Nigeria should have a COVID-19 case.

“We want this pressure to cease. Recently, people have come to meet with the (COVID-19) team to show us fake messages that have been sent to them, that if they can say they are COVID-19 positive, then, they would be given millions of naira.

“It’s gradually getting out of hand, it’s getting personal. Everyday,” she said.

The state Health Commissioner also lamented how they were being pressured and expected to conduct Coronavirus test in a community with 500,000 people with just 50 test kits.

The claim by Edu came following a statement by the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, that the COVID-19 virus would get to every state in Nigeria.
He also said the reason some state were yet to record positive COVID-19 case was because they were either negligent in testing and tracing, or actively hiding the disease within their territories.

Cross River is currently the only state in the entire Southern Nigeria that is yet to record a case of COVID-19.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/cross-river-alleges-of-plans-in-the-state-to-bribe-people-to-claim-theyre-covid-19-positive/
Re: C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive by Xristars(m): 10:02am On Apr 30, 2020
I knew this will happen one day or has already happened. We keep scaming ourselves for cheap gains.

Those interested in learning sewing should check my YouTube channel @Xristars inc especially men senator.
Re: C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive by Fidelismaria: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2020

Nigerians eehh

Whoever designed the Nigerian human specie
must have been high on all kinds of concoctions

Re: C/river Plans In The State To Bribe People To Claim They’re COVID-19 Positive by 2by40ft: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Nigerians eehh

Whoever designed the Nigerian human specie
must have been high on all kinds of concoctions

You are insulting God my friend. We are responsible for the the choices are making

(1) (Reply)

Donate Your Buildings As Isolation Centres, Minister Begs Nigerians / Covid-19: Governor Ikpeazu Relaxes Lockdown In Abia State / Covid-19 No Social Distancing: Do You Foresee Fg Going Lock Down Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.