Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

How Do I Tell Him He Smells - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Tell Him He Smells (1517 Views)

Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / 5 Reasons Why Your Private Part Smells And What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2020
Hey guys......
There's this tenant of mine......he is a retired police officer and a peaceful man too.
We've never had any need to quarrel or some sort.
Instead of going back to his village, he decided to still live with us.... that's not my problem though.
My problem is that this man has a very bad and offensive ordour always oozing out from his room..... like sweaty boots or sweaty dirty jacket, or could it be his bed?...I really can't explain.
This goes on to pollute almost everywhere......he bathes though.... I don't know if I should include that.....
I don't know how to approach him and tell him that he smells......how do I say it, so that he is not hurt.....
I've been thinking of quitting him, but that would be very wicked of me, since he's done nothing wrong to deserve that......
The ordour is in the category of "offensive".
You guys are family, please help.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Davash222(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2020
A retired police officer
Not surprised.. Police is one of the dirtiest job hence they always wear black to cover up their dirtiness.

An average police officer is dirty. It's in their constitution.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by TheSourcerer: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:
Hey guys......
There's this tenant of mine......he is a retired police officer and a peaceful man too.
Instead of going back to his village, he decided to still live with us.... that's not my problem though.
My problem is that this man has a very bad and offensive ordour always oozing out from his room..... like sweaty boots or sweaty dirty jacket....I really can't explain.
This goes on to pollute almost everywhere......he bathes though.... I don't know if I should include that.....
I don't know how to approach him and tell him that he smells......how do I say it, so that he is not hurt.....
I've been thinking of quitting him, but that would be very wicked of me, since he's done nothing wrong to deserve that......
buy spray for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by tayebest(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2020
Ask him during his jovial time maybe he is into locust beans business.

thank me later! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2020
Go to the market. Get him a cologne. When you're back, seek him out and make sure he asks you, "Odefa wetin you buy for me from market na?"

Then happily hand the cologne over to him. There, you will have solved two problems in the world; yours and his.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Humanoid01(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2020
You can always say it to his face politely, but that depends on how well you both get along.

I think iamadonis2's suggestion is also a good one, but you don't know if that'll make him get the point of you buying it. He might not use it at all or after he exhausts it, he might just see no need to get a new one.

So in addition to that suggestion, I think you should carefully select the best moment to talk to him, and have a discussion on personal hygiene generally. Maybe your being his landlady would give you a head start but you have to be as polite as possible.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Millenniumlady(f): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Looks like you'll be telling the whole nation because 99% of Nigerian men spells terribly bad from their armpit to their one week boxers mouth odour it's just too much to mention.....I think you should just mind your business because know matter how hard you try to tell him he'll find it offensive "ego issues"........For those of you doubting my claims visit the football field or bet naija shop and see what a real Nigerian man smells like......

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Ezennwa(m): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Haba!

It's wrong for a lady to tell grown up man that he stinks, what if the man is married, do you think his wife will spare you,

What if the man injures you in the process, don't start what you can't finish

My Cent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Donkalio: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:
Hey guys......
My problem is that this man has a very bad and offensive ordour always oozing out from his room..... like sweaty boots or sweaty dirty jacket....I really can't explain.

Call a compound meeting, talk more on cleanliness & body odour.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Mizwisdom(f): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2020
iamadonis2:
Go to the market. Get him a cologne. When you're back, seek him out and make sure he asks you, "Odefa wetin you buy for me from market na?"

Then happily hand the cologne over to him. There, you will have solved two problems in the world; yours and his.

Ditto

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Godfullsam(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2020
Buy him odour control. Tell him it is gift from you but he should start buying it by himself once this one has finished.

He will want to ask you, 'what for'?!

Then can let the cat out of the bag though in a polite way.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ask a Fellow Man to tell Him

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
iamadonis2:

Won't he feel insulted?
Then if it finishes, will he keep buying for his usage?
Moreover, if cologne mixes with bad ordour....it might be worse..... I'm just so confused.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
chai,well talk to him in a polite way

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Bankowner: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Does the man live alone?

If he has a family, then you can go through his wife. He needs to know that he should wash his clothes and not wear them more than twice depending on how much he sweats.

He must be told to bring his shoes/boots out to air in the sun or better still, get him Silica gel to put in them after each wear.

If you ask me, I’ll say you help his condition by letting him know.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ezennwa:
Haba!

It's wrong for a lady to tell grown up man that he stinks, what if the man is married, do you think his wife will spare you,

What if the man injures you in the process, don't start what you can't finish

My Cent

But really, the smell is something else..... like I will have to cease my breath whenever am crossing his side.......it turns my stomach.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Ezennwa(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

But really, the smell is something else..... like I will have to cease my breath whenever am crossing his side.......it turns my stomach.
learn how to mind your business, me for instance, I see many things but I choose to keep quiet

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Donkalio:

Call a compound meeting, talk more on cleanliness & body odour.

He might not know that it was for him...... you know the saying.... one man food is another's poison.
He might not even know that he smells....
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ezennwa:
learn how to mind your business, me for instance, I see many things but I choose to keep quiet

Like...... seriously.....in my house?..... and for how long?
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by ValCon888: 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2020

I don't know how to approach him and tell him that he smells......

I cannot advise you because your narrative is contradictory. On the one hand, you say the odour oozes out of his room. Then you make an about-turn to say that he smells.
It is one thing to have an offensive body odour and quite another thing entirely to keep a dirty room.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Ezennwa(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Looks like you'll be telling the whole nation because 99% of Nigerian men spells terribly bad from their armpit to their one week boxers mouth odour it's just too much to mention.....I think you should just mind your business because know matter how hard you try to tell him he'll find it offensive "ego issues"........For those of you doubting my claims visit the football field or bet naija shop and see what a real Nigerian man smells like......
Clap for yourself,

Everybody has his or her body odour type and where the odour is booming out from, lol

Here comes the most odourless lady in the world, Lol grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
tayebest:
Ask him during his jovial time maybe he is into locust beans business.

thank me later! cheesy

But he doesn't even cook......he stays alone, while his family is in his hometown.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Davash222(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Like...... seriously.....in my house?..... and for how long?
In your house
Yes, in your house!! You'll not be the first person to mind her business in her house!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Millenniumlady:

I no fit laugh...... that "ego" thing is one of the problems......he might think insulted....
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Davash222:

In your house
Yes, in your house!! You'll not be the first person to mind her business in her house!

Davash222, why are you sounding this way?, You don't really understand..... I mean it is"offensive".... I'm not exaggerating....it is.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Millenniumlady(f): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

I no fit laugh...... that "ego" thing is one of the problems......he might think insulted....
That's the problem with Nigerian men ego is something they can't do without......Just let him be since he's not coming to your room
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
ValCon888:

I cannot advise you because your narrative is contradictory. On the one hand, you say the odour oozes out of his room. Then you make an about-turn to say that he smells.
It is one thing to have an offensive body odour and quite another thing entirely to keep a dirty room.

I've not sat closely with him to know exactly if it is coming from his body.....he likes staying in his room..... so I don't think am contradicting myself...
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Davash222(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Millenniumlady:
That's the problem with Nigerian men ego is something they can't do without......Just let him be since he's not coming to your room
While Nigerian women can't do without Ego.

PS; read that Ego in Igbo.
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by ValCon888: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

I've not sat closely with him to know exactly if it is coming from his body.....he likes staying in his room..... so I don't think am contradicting myself...
And you're contradicting yourself again. If you've not sat close to him, how then do you know that he smells?
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

Won't he feel insulted?
Then if it finishes, will he keep buying for his usage?
Moreover, if cologne mixes with bad ordour....it might be worse..... I'm just so confused.

Before it finishes try to have conversations with him where you tell him the cologne really smells good on him. He'll be "compelled" to replace it if only to enjoy such compliments from you.

Our male ego may very well be our undoing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
ValCon888:

And you're contradicting yourself again. If you've not sat close to him, how then do you know that he smells?

Just read through my post again, maybe you will get the missing link.....
Re: How Do I Tell Him He Smells by OdefaGirl(f): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
iamadonis2:

Before it finishes try to have conversations with him where you tell him the cologne really smells good on him. He'll be "compelled" to replace it if only to enjoy such compliments from you.

Our male ego may very well be our undoing.

I will try, though I still feel somehow about it....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use Scent Leaves For Fertility In Nigeria / How To Have A Glowing Face And Young Looking Skin / Is There Anyway Someone Can Avoid Having Female Child In Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.