Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

An Open Letter To The Executive Governor Of Imo State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To The Executive Governor Of Imo State (500 Views)

Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement / Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Executive Governor Of Imo State by Omaricha002(m): 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
An open letter to the Executive Governor of Imo State His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodima. Written by MC Omaricha Smart Duru.(Bs.c Ms.c) Being Today 29 April 2020.

TOPIC LACK OF SCIENCE TEACHERS IN IMO STATE SECONDARY SCHOOL'S.

My boss, My handsome governor (Enyi Oha 1 Of Igbo Land)

firstly, let me use this good opportunity to Congratulate you on your victory, today you are the Executive Governor of Imo State. Congratulations once again (SIR)

Let me start by saying what I know about his Excellency governor hope Uzodima even Before he became the executive governor of Imo state. i was Privileged to attand to about 7-10 meeting's With Imo youths for hope, in two of those Meeting's we where privileged to have with us The ENYI OHA 1, Senator hope Uzodima (THAN). very gently, lovable, cheerful, And with a lot of smiles on his face. He listened to us, communicated with us, and listened to Our Suggestions. he is a good man With accurate sense of humor.

My Excellency ENYI OHA 1

I want to use this opportunity to bring to your Notice the lack of science teacher's in imo State secondary School's. I have conducted a well deserved classic rechearch on this problem facing our dear secondary schools.

I was once a government secondary school Teacher in imo state, i tought at ebenator ekwe Secondary school (ekwe blue) isu local Government area. i was the only biology Teacher handling SS1 to SS3, also teaching Basic science from JS1 to JS3. we have only One maths teacher handling JS1 to SS3, no Chemistry teacher, no physics teacher, no Agricultural teacher, no civic education teacher, And no goegrapy teacher. during my stay in that school, after complaining and Investigation, i found out that many teachers Don't like to be posted to village schools. If They are posted to a school, the following Week they will go and re-work the posting back To their choice of schools, leaving the Students To suffer.

In my rechearch work, i noticed that many Secondary schools are dear in need of science Teacher's. especially most schools in rural Areas. my field trip took me to 5 secondary Schools in isu, 5 in orlu, 5 in njaba, 5 in owerri North, and 5 in owerri west. and this is where My resources can only take me to physically. i Now used the students teacher's doing their Teaching practice to conduct my full Rechearch.

During my rechearch i found out that many Secondary schools ueses the students Teacher's to make up the gap, at the same time Exposing the students to lack of proper Teaching and learning, because those teachers Are students teacher's during their teaching Practice.

During my rechearch i noticed too many arts Teachers in secondary schools. a subject like Government we have 3-5 teacher's. social Studies 3-5 teacher's. account 2-4 teacher's. English 3-5 teacher's. home economics 3-6 Teacher's. igbo very important subject 1-3 Teacher's. civic education 2-4 teacher's etc. but To my surprise, biology 1, physics 1, chemistry 1, maths 1, and atimes (physics and chemistry 0) during my rechearch work a big school like Akwakuma girls secondary school owerri with A population of over 3000 thousands students, With only 1-2 biology teacher, with art teacher's Everywhere in the school.

Since we can see this kind of situation in the Capital city of imo state, than what is the faith Of School's in the rural areas. this is the reason We have too much examination malpractice in Our educational system in our country, Because we refused to catch them young in Secondary Schools and primary School's. Education is the life wire of any country that Want to make in life, by looking into it, critically those issues or problems that affect the Educational system. Science and technology is The reason why white people are far better Than black people, because they invest heavily Into their educational system.

I conducted a rechearch into Science Education in Nigeria and African, and I must Say it categorically that iam not impress. Let's Go back to primary, secondary and university to Review our educational system in this country.

I have tought at ebenator ekwe secondary School imo state, Owerri girl secondary school, Orogwe secondary school, baptis academy Secondary school, holy rosary international Secondary school, mark Donald international Secondary school rivers state, government day Secondary school gombe state, baptise Academy secondary school gombe state, and Madona university Elele rivers state, faculty of Pharmacy department of pharmacognosy(the Study of medicinal plants) and plant Morphology.

During all this, i noticed one thing, the lack of Basic science and technology. any state or Country that want to get it right should pay More attention to science teacher's. During my Rechearch on students registration to take Their Senior school certificate examination, 90% of them will register for art. during Students jamb registration 90% also will Register for art. WHY, just because of lack of Science teacher's in secondary Schools to Bring them up to the speed

During my rechearch to some university, i Found out that many students went for non Related science courses with small number of Students, with large number of students in art Related courses, not because they dislike Science courses, but because of lack of Science teacher's, and proper orintantion in Science and technology in secondary schools.

During my secondary school day's as a Student, we have only one maths teacher that Is teaching SS1 to SS3, because of the work Load, the teacher is always week, by the time He finished with the SS 3 classes, you will see The Stress all written over him, and he will tell Us to go next time, that was the reason why Many of us (THAN) and many students now Hate maths with passion, because of lack of Science teacher's in secondary schools.

Building schools structures without Science Teacher's will not effect any changes to the Students. when you build a school structure, Build chemistry and physics lab without a Chemistry and physics teacher, who will take The students to those lab to do the needful, a Biology lab without a biology teacher, who will Now perform the too many numerous biology Practicals. during my days at ebenator ekwe as A teacher, I ran away because of the work load. As big as biology as a subject, one teacher From SS1 to SS3 Jesus Christ. and despite That work load, science teacher's still receive The same salary with those that teach only one Or two classes. The remaining few science Teacher's in our secondary schools are going True hell.

My Excellency Sir, this is the situation on Ground now in our various secondary schools In imo state, because of lack of science teacher's.

THE SOLUTION

My Excellency Sir, ENYI OHA 1

1 review the posting of all secondary school Teacher's in our state, and please sir try and Stop many teacher's going back to sort their Way back to schools of their choices, after Posting them out.

2 Full financial encouragement and support to The remaining secondary school science Teacher's in our secondary schools in imo State.

3 Total reduction of too many art teachers employment in imo state.(we have more than enough already)

4 Massive employment of secondary school Science teacher's Only to fill up the too much Gap already created in our Educational System In imo state.

Such as 4-5 biology teachers in each school. 4-5 physics teachers in each school.
4-5 chemistry teacher's in each school.
4-5 maths teacher's in each school.( reason This 4 subjects are the basic pure science and Technology, and also very complex)
2-3 Agric science teacher's in each school
2-3 Basic science/Health Science teacher's in each school
2-3 Geography teachers in each school
2-3 Computer science teacher's in each school
2-3 Igbo teacher's because our mother tongue Is very important ( igbo teachers are going down)

5 Special allowance to the science teacher's Because of the complexity of the subjects.(this Will also motivate students to pay more Attention and learn science courses. it will Also motivate the science teacher's to put in More effort.

6 Creation of technical subjects in schools in Form of skills learning, such as lives stock Farming, and other skills learning to make the Students more productive when they leave Secondary school. this learning skills should Be tought on Friday's. ( I will provide more Details on this if my Excellency needs my Advice or suggestions)

7 Introduction of work shop's, seminars and Conference to the secondary school teacher's, Especially science teacher's, in order to keep Them up to date.

8 Equipment of all science labs in secondary Schools to bring the students minds back to Science and technology.

9 To conduct a professional test and oral Interview before employment of teacher's. Each expected teacher should be given exam Base on the subject he/she read, or applying For. (That Is Teach What You Read)

10 Let those that studies Education in University be allowed to teach in our secondary Schools, because they are the real matter's.

Difference in secondary schools
Education biology and industrial biology.(Different)
Accountancy and education accountancy (Different)
Agric-Extantion and Agric education (Different)
Business administration and business Education (different)
Pure science is pure science, science Education is science education. so let those That studies educational course teach in our Secondary schools. (we have many graduates, That graduated from Alvan ikeku federal Collage of education owerri, and many Graduates that graduated from faculty of Education in imo state university, government Should employ them. especially science Teacher's. because our secondary schools in Imo state needs of science teacher's.(very very urgent)

Conclusion
My Excellency Sir, government is continue.
It is a continuous process, you can not solve all This problem immediately, you will look into it Critically and start taking them one after the Other. please (SIR) make Educational sector One of your most priority, because education is Very important.

Please (SIR) pay more attention to the lack of Science Teacher's in our secondary schools.

I pray heaven to bless you and your family, with Wisdom and understanding.

Long live My Excellency (ENYI OHA 1)
Long live IMO State.

FROM MC OMARICHA SMART (BIOLOGIST)

(please Share)
Re: An Open Letter To The Executive Governor Of Imo State by Omaricha002(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
very important

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Lesotho Paypal Account For Free / Only Black Med Student In Canadian Uni, Chika Oriuwa Graduates As Valedictorian / Dream Writing Examination Every Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.