Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Covid 19 & Schools Resumption: Open Letter To Engr. Seyi Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid 19 & Schools Resumption: Open Letter To Engr. Seyi Makinde (357 Views)

Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention / Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen / Bayo Adelabu APC Vs Engr Seyi Makinde PDP For OYO 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 & Schools Resumption: Open Letter To Engr. Seyi Makinde by UncleAyo: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
Covid 19 & Schools Resumption: Open Letter To Engr. Seyi Makinde

Dear Governor, HE Engineer Seyi Makinde, it is very obvious that Covid19 will be here with us till 2021 whether a vaccine is discovered tomorrow or next week. With regard to the above assumption, alternatives should be put in place for revivication of student's education in the state and I have the following proposal for opening of schools in the state:

1. Decongestion of (student population in) schools should be done by creation of morning and afternoon school periods. Students should be divided into these classes.

2. Culposory use of nose mask by all students.

3. Compulsory use of sunglasses by students to protect them from getting invected when a person sneezes on their face.

4. Provision of handwash kits for every school and for students use - with a dedicated persons incharge to operate, mandate and monitor its use.

5. Organization of sensitization and awarenenss programs or student assemblies about covid19.

-- The proposal above should be started with secondary school students first and also, senior students of the primary schools.

6. Students in higher institution should incoporate the above, but may conduct lectures through online videos
(operations; something similar to the distant learning progran (NOUN) but all student must be within school environment to take and submit assignments)

I hope you will discuss my suggestions with the Oyo covid19 taskforce.

Thanks.

I am Samleen and I write from Ibadan.
Re: Covid 19 & Schools Resumption: Open Letter To Engr. Seyi Makinde by UncleAyo: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
I hope this makes some sense.....

make your contributions to how Nigeria can manage the covid19 without hurting the economy, businesses and education or paying with price of human life.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Returns 108 Northern Travellers As Three Test Positive / Please, When Will Nipost Begin Work Fully? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.