Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC (27142 Views)

COVID-19: We May Be Counting Bodies In Hundreds In Next 3 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / COVID-19: We Have Madagascar’s Herb Extract In Nigeria — Osagie Ehnaire / COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by NwekeUG(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) says it is currently “struggling” for bed spaces for the treatment of COVID-19 patients in Lagos state which has the highest number of persons infected by coronavirus in Nigeria.

There are 947 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Lagos alone and 187 of these patients have been discharged after recovering from the disease.

Speaking the briefing of the presidential task force on COVID-19 on Thursday, Chikwe Ihekweazu, director-general of NCDC, said efforts are being made to change strategy in order not to allow the inadequate bed spaces affect the fight against coronavirus.

“Lagos is the only place where we are struggling with bed spaces for now. We will always tells Nigerians the truth. We are struggling with bed spaces in Lagos for now,” he said.

As of Wednesday, Nigeria had recorded 1,728 cases of coronavirus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-we-are-struggling-with-bed-spaces-in-lagos-says-ncdc/amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Powerintoxicate: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
And the lockdown has been eased. Pray there's no explosion of cases in Lagos after one week or else

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
That's kind of expected.

I'd advise that they keep the deaths to the barest minimum otherwise they'd run out of mortuary space, God forbid.

I learnt the Catholic monk in Edo state, Fr Anselm Adodo has come up with a cure for Corona virus.

I sure pray and hope it's true.

25 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by NwaNimo1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Pathetic..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by jogodo5: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
That's kind of expected.

I'd advise that they keep the deaths to the barest minimum otherwise they'd run out of mortuary space, God forbid.

I learnt the Catholic monk in Edo state, Fr Anselm Adodo has come up with a cure for Corona virus.

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by crownwealth: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
May God take absolute control.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by DanseMacabre(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lagos is the only state you're struggling for bed space abi

Don't worry Kano is on its way.

10 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by EzzyCarter: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
FrLukas:
That's kind of expected.

Isn't he the man that wrote "Nature Power " ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Isn't he the man that wrote "Nature Power " ?

Exactly. Yes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by jogodo5: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Exactly. Yes.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by donbachi(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
When a man is not prepared for marriage..all women are prostitutes.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Ifabernard(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
You've done well so far.
We are with you in this.
We know how much you have done first hand.
Most of us @[/color] are always there as first responders in your midst
We are almost seeing the end of Covid-19.
Don't let us give up.
The world will win this war against this deadly virus.

Brunicekid:
There will be no explosion of cases in Lagos State in JESUS NAME.
A VERY BIG AMEN!!
kendrick93:
Saying in Jesus name won't solve anything

The young man is talking to people that believe in JESUS CHRIST, not to atheist like you.

So leave us (Jesus's Lovers) to say AMEN to his prayers and hold on to whatever you believe in.
We won't stop you or castigate whatever you believe in.
We respect your view and opinion if you refused to believe in God, Your Creator!
Hope y'all gerrit now?
We mean ALL of you!

90% of you dislike and vilify @[color=#006600] for their love for CHRIST and respect for the Islam religion BUT hide under politics to curse us and dish out hatred!
Well, na una sabi,
Nothing can seperate us from the LOVE OF CHRIST.
GBAMsolutely!! cheesy

Now,
Go wash your hands and have a good sleep in JESUS NAME!

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by datola: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
We pray for divine intervention.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Romanoff(f): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Dear God, na your hand we dey o.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by myettiallah: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hk
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Brunicekid(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
And the lockdown has been eased. Pray there's no explosion of cases in Lagos after one week or else
There will be no explosion of cases in Lagos State in Jesus Name.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
any deal ? grin

Germany donated 2.2 billion Naira to us, but can’t provide enough PPE for their medical workers

Nigerians donated billions of Naira but still, not enough bed space in the country’s epicenter of the disease

If you’re done fooling the masses, let us know.

i have a year PIA VPN for lil amount, buzz me if you need

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Truthbites: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
In Nigeria,we struggle with everything,no wonder Trump yabbed us about ventilators. S.H. country
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Exc2000: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
cool

Buhari don set Lagosian up... good luck lagosian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by bikerboy1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
I wonder what the government is doing with all the big big donations that our citizens and foreigners gave to them.

Any individual that syphon these aid money will pay dearly for it.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by LibertyRep: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Then create more bed spaces. Don't we have enough fund donated by foreign bodies and good spirited Nigerians towards this?
After all Uncle Lai said the fund is to fight Coro and not to be given as palliatives to Nigerians

It's on record that the Honorable Minister of Health once boasted we're ready for Coro.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Less than 1k cases in Lagos and they're struggling for bed spaces already? shocked

That means each isolation center in Lagos can't take up to 500 Covid-19 patients. A city that boasts of a population close to 20 million? lipsrsealed

18 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Hisincrease: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Struggle kwa..... Nna mhen, why can't FG help the state to build more spaces considering its rate of infection.

Okay.... I get. FG is broke.

They can slash Lawmakers salary and monthly allowance to fund spaces across the states or even sack some lawmakers for contributing nothing since their election.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by chibwike(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Some folks are funny sha.

which one is "I'm a little bit married "

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Pavore9: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yawns.....
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by hakeem4(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
They should just advise every patient that would be on admission to come with their personal bed frame, mattress and small locker to keep their belongings grin

11 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mooremoney(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
And we want to ease lockdown. We are not working on a vaccine instead we are waiting for other countries to come up with something. I pray this doesn't overwhelm us soon

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Bans Inter-State Movement Of COVID-19 Patients / Yahaya Bello Inspects Reference Hospital Project In Kogi (Pictures) / Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.