Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon (1149 Views)

Internet To Be Shut Down Worldwide / Google To Shut Down Its Orkut Social Network Today / [How To]Backup And Download Data From Orkut Before Its Shut Down By Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by kel2real: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2011
PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.

“After March 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”

Zuckerberg said that the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good thing.”

Some Facebook users were furious upon hearing the shocking news.

“What am I going to do without Facebook?” said Denise Bradshaw, a high school student from Indiana. “My life revolves around it. I’m on Facebook at least 10 hours a day. Now what am I going to do with all that free time?”

However, parents across the country have been experiencing a long anticipated sense of relief.

“I’m glad the Facebook nightmare is over,” said Jon Guttari, a single parent from Detroit. “Now my teenager’s face won’t be glued to a computer screen all day. Maybe I can even have a conversation with her.”

Those in the financial circuit are criticizing Zuckerberg for walking away from a multibillion dollar franchise. Facebook is currently ranked as one of the wealthiest businesses in the world, with economists estimating its value at around 7.9 billion.

But Zuckerberg remains unruffled by these accusations. He says he will stand by his decision to give Facebook the axe.

“I don’t care about the money,” said Zuckerberg. “I just want my old life back.”

The Facebook Corporation suggests that users remove all of their personal information from the website before March 15th. After that date, all photos, notes, links, and videos will be permanently erased.

Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by Mafia4life(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2011
No source? Thats a bullshit!
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by Slyr0x: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
Link??
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by yawatide(f): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
Note the number of posts by OP. FB just got evaulated at $50B. As Americans would say, "it ain't going nowhere" tongue
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by thweraja10: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
Facebook for life how can he decide to close it instead he will sell it off
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by Coldish: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
Stupid people. Anyone who believes this is a daft. How can a company recently valued at $50 Billion and recieved 450 million funding. How would any sane person end a the worlds greatest social software just because he feels he wants his old life back or he is unable to maintain it. Its just like saying google is shutting down because it is tired of indexing pages.

What would he tell investors? Facebook cannot be shutdow, maybe during world war 3 or a global power outtage. How can facebook stop its services because of 500Million users, when yahoomail serves close to that? If it was true then myself, twitter, myspace and yes GOOGLE will be a happy cus it will be the 8th wonder of the world.

Anyone who believes this is (.*?),re.IGNORECASE
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by liaslo1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
i think the OP only heard the rumor, cos he should have provide us with the source if not
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by ogzille(m): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
this is just a hoax
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by yawatide(f): 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by utimatedes(m): 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
FB is getting bigger everyday and big investors are pumping their money into facebook. Zuckerberg is not the only owner now, there are other investors are he cannot take such decision just like that. FB has just been valued to be over $50B.

You are rumour monger!
Re: Threats To Shut Down Facebook Soon by mrperfect(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
Is about to go public now. Does it relate?

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Stay Safe With Adsense Program: The Dos And Don'ts Of Google Adsense / How Do I Create Free Business Email Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.