|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,867,299 members, 6,881,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 09:23 PM
Principal Dies After She Slumped During Speech Delivery In Maiduguri (video) / Coronavirus: President Buhari Washes His Hands, Leads By Example (Pictures) / Stammering: Steps On How To Reduce It And Speech Therapy (2) (3) (4)
|The Reality Of President Buhari’s Speech by efogator(f): 7:04am On May 01, 2020|
This is the simplified summarised version; the only thing to add in this version is that you should assume everyone you meet is infected already.
So to my understanding, this is what's going to happen:
The summary of Buhari's latest speech is that Nigeria has adopted the herd immunity strategy.
Let me explain:
Seeing that Nigeria is not so rich to continue to shut down the economy, feed hungry citizens and having run out of options on how to tackle Corona virus, Nigeria does not have any other alternative than to ease off the biting lockdown by adopting Seyi Makinde's model in Oyo state.
Our strategy going forward for Coronavirus is Face mask and Grace of God.
And that is what is called Herd immunity.
By herd immunity (read more at https://www.healthline.com/health/herd-immunity#stats), the virus will kill the weakest in the society while the strongest will develop immunity against the virus.
That is what Sweden (https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/europe/sweden-coronavirus-lockdown-strategy-intl/index.html) is doing and Nigeria just adopted that model.
People will contract the virus, they will either die or recover but the economy will keep going, the rest will develop immunity against it.
This is our new reality and I would do the same if I was In Buhari's shoes because there is no alternative again to fight this virus and it does not make sense at this point to continue keeping the economy grounded in the face of glaring hunger and imminent job losses, especially with seemingly no funds to go round the entire citizenry as palliatives.
So in summary, as you go out from May 4, do all you can to make sure you will not be among the weak that will contract this disease and die.
Protect yourself people!
Work from home if you can.
Build your immune system up.
LET's BE PROACTIVE
The FG and State Governments Are Not Sure What Next.
Do We Extend or Do We Partially Reopen?
One Big Problem With Our Governments is Lack of Enlightenment. Citizens Are Not Given Enough Enlightenment On How To Behave During This CORONAVIRUS Days or How To Behave If There Is Partial Reopening. .
The Only Ones We Hear Is "Stay at Home" and "Social Distancing". A New Lexicon Is Just Being Added, "Wear Mask" Should We Reopen.
I Believe Those Are Not Enough. However, Citizens also Has A Duty To Help Themselves By Researching on Ways To Stay Safe If and When We Resume.
We Have To Change Our Ways Of Life. Alter Our Culture and Be More Vigilant. We Have To PRACTICE PERSONAL HYGIENE.
We Will Be Dealing With A Lot Of People. Danfo Drivers, Hawkers, Food Vendors, Marwa and Bike Men etc. We Won't Know Who Has The Virus. Hence, We Need PERSONAL HYGIENE.
1. We Can No More Use Our Teeth To Tear "Pure Water". Sellers Hands Had Touched It. You Get My Drift.
2. Don't Allow Seller To Peel and Blow Your Groundnuts (or Buy Already Peeled Ones). Remember, Corona Thrive On Droplets.
3. Eat Only At Hygienic Places. Clean Environment and Where Seller Uses Clean Protective Equipments.
4. Hugging May Be Suspended. Social Distancing Advised.
5. When You Touch Naira Notes Given As Change By Conductors, Sellers Etc, Ensure You Don't Put Same Hand In Mouth, Eyes or Nose. Wash Your Hands Appropriately. Or Use Sanitizer Before Hand.
6. You Can't Place Your Mouth on Bottle of Coke of Another Person (Pour In Cups if You Must Share).
7. You Must Clean Surfaces Always Especially Where Many People Make Use of.
8. Carry Your Bag(s) Yourself.
Era of Oga Sir Is Over,
Except You Are Comfortable With Coro...
9. Stop Touching People When You Talk. Bad Habit. Now It's Time To Stop It.
10. To The Muslim Brothers and Sisters, Endeavour To Wash Your Hands With Soap and Water Before Ablution. Remember We Touch The Mouth, Nose and Eyes during Ablution.
11. Whenever We Buy Somethings And It Is Put In A Nylon, Have It In Mind That The Nylon May Be Contaminated. Get Home and Wash Your Hands.
12. Always Close The Toilet Seat Before Flushing. Bacteria, Viruses etc Goes On Air With Uncovered Toilet Seat.
13. Finally, But Not The Least, Whenever You Get Home. Don't Hug Your Kids or Spouse. First Pull Off Your Clothes For Washing, Go To The Bathroom and Either Take A Bath With Soap (It Will Make Some of Us Even Lighter In Complexion) or Wash Our Hands Before You Hug Your Kids and or Spouse.
|Re: The Reality Of President Buhari’s Speech by viccipedia: 7:14am On May 01, 2020|
Nice write up. It’s a whole new civilization in the making. God keep us alive to witness its best and not its worst. At this point a whole lot could go wrong at any point in time. The poorest countries are the most vulnerable not forgetting the most corrupt ones.
|Re: The Reality Of President Buhari’s Speech by Mexzy4sho(m): 7:21am On May 01, 2020|
This is a nice writeup except that we can't do without doing like 80% of the things here.. Its not everyone who has that time to use fashion to open satchet water and e get those wicked people u meet who can't do without uneccessary body touching at d workplace. One major problem is danfo matter, who will obey? and who get power to collect insult from conductor. But anyways tho dis survival of d fittest stuff is not funny, pray it doesn't come to dat but its clearly obvious NAIJA NO SERIOUS..
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67