Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

A Good Forest Needed For Timber - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Good Forest Needed For Timber (669 Views)

Video And Pix : Fire Rocks Popular Amu Timber Market In Mushin, Lagos State / Traders Weep As Fire Guts Timber Market In Enugu / Breaking News: Fire Outbreak At Kenyatta Timber Shade Market In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Forest Needed For Timber by Kennyprince: 2:33pm On May 01, 2020
Greetings all.

One of my business partner who is into timber sawing is looking for a thick forest he can saw wood good for timber production.

His preferred location of the forest should be :

Ogun
Oyo
Lagos states.
And any neighboring state

He ll buy this forest at the agreed rate and saw.

Pls contact me if you have this kind of forest or knows where we can source it.

Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by naijacutee(f): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
Will there be any plans to replenish the trees or will he help to turn the place into a desert within the next 100 years?

Is it all about the money he makes now or will he be planting some trees back? At least, so that his children and the children of the people living the area are not subject to a lot of the diseases that we bring on our generations by removing trees?

4 Likes

Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by mrsage(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2020
Kennyprince:
Greetings all.

One of my business partner who is into timber sawing is looking for a thick forest he can saw wood good for timber production.

His preferred location of the forest should be :

Ogun
Oyo
Lagos states.
And any neighboring state

He ll buy this forest at the agreed rate and saw.

Pls contact me if you have this kind of forest or knows where we can source it.

I suggest you take Lagos off the list. Focus on Ogun and Oyo.

However Ondo is the real deal.
Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by Kennyprince: 3:45pm On May 01, 2020
naijacutee:
Will there be any plans to replenish the trees or will he help to turn the place into a desert within the next 100 years?

Is it all about the money he makes now or will he be planting some trees back? At least, so that his children and the children of the people living the area are not subject to a lot of the diseases that we bring on our generations by removing trees?
madam, sawing doesn't allow trees to finish.

You saw only few amongst many
Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by naijacutee(f): 6:47pm On May 03, 2020
Please explain it better to me. If you have 10 mango trees in your compound and you start to cut them one by one over a period of 10 years, how many mangoes from your compound will your grandchildren have access to in 15 years time?

1 Like

Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by Kennyprince: 8:03pm On May 03, 2020
naijacutee:
Please explain it better to me. If you have 10 mango trees in your compound and you start to cut them one by one over a period of 10 years, how many mangoes from your compound will your grandchildren have access to in 15 years time?

So far as I am concerned, I am not doing any illegal business and so have no explanation to give you.

You already know that timber business is done everywhere in Nigeria including your own local government area. Nobody debates this.

Besides, before I engage in any business anywhere, I do meet the local government forest management team, forest guards and the likes. If they can permit me, then i don't know where u are coming from.

You should have stayed in the forest yourself since you like forests much. Or have you questioned who is responsible for the deforestation of the area you live in?

Pls be informed that forest areas are not needed everywhere.

Thank you
Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by oscarvicto(m): 8:48pm On May 03, 2020
I have very good location in anambra, rivers, and awka ibom
Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by oscarvicto(m): 8:48pm On May 03, 2020
Reach me on oscarvictor300@gmail.com
Re: A Good Forest Needed For Timber by naijacutee(f): 1:46pm On May 04, 2020
Kennyprince:

So far as I am concerned, I am not doing any illegal business and so have no explanation to give you.

You already know that timber business is done everywhere in Nigeria including your own local government area. Nobody debates this.

Besides, before I engage in any business anywhere, I do meet the local government forest management team, forest guards and the likes. If they can permit me, then i don't know where u are coming from.

You should have stayed in the forest yourself since you like forests much. Or have you questioned who is responsible for the deforestation of the area you live in?

Pls be informed that forest areas are not needed everywhere.

Thank you
No one is requesting an explanation - I'm just trying to have an open conversation. I agree that it is not legal, but I also see the immediate, short-term financial benefits of deforestation. My extended family member is part of the deforestation problem, and I constantly try to educate him on the issue. If it means consciously replanting trees so that there will be replacements there in 10 years time for his children, then the discussion is worth it. Don't you think so?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Federal Government SMEDAN Zero Intrest Loan 2020 / ... / Horses For Sale #400k Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.