Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack (1841 Views)

Defence Headquarters Allays Fears Over UN Military Vehicles / Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) / Kwara Govt. Reacts To Saraki, Says Land Never Paid For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenny4real(f): 3:54pm On May 01, 2020
The Federal Government says it will work to ensure that there are no job losses or mass sack in Nigeria due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Minister of Labour, Chris Ngige, said this on Thursday, in his May Day message signed by his spokesman, Emmanuel Nzomiwu.
Ngige assured that the government would look at the four-pillar plan of policy responses to the pandemic laid out by the International Labour Organisation (ILO).

The minister disclosed that all relevant factors to the nation’s workforce would be identified, analysed and solidified to ensure job retention.

He stated that the government would not encourage employers to disengage any member of their staff without the prerequisite social dialogue and clearance from the ministry.

Ngige commended workers in the health sector for being in the frontline of ensuring that the raging pandemic was contained.

“Over the years, May 1 has been a unique day in the world of work. It is a day dedicated to workers as partners in socio-economic development of nations,” he said.

“The COVID-19 outbreak has affected modes of work and the utilisation of teleworking is on the increase. As you work from home, I urge you to do your best in that regard and to endeavour to demarcate your personal life from work,” he said.

Ngige said that the Federal Government was not unmindful of the fact that businesses in both the private and public sectors had suffered.

“Sustainability of the enterprise has become a subject of concern. The worries precipitated by the COVID-19 crisis are further compounded by worries of maintaining a source of livelihood.”, he add

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/30/coronavirus-nigerian-govt-reacts-to-fears-over-mass-sack/

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by PositiveDirect: 3:56pm On May 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 4:00pm On May 01, 2020
So for us working with the federal government are safe
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Ninethmare: 4:00pm On May 01, 2020
undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by DanseMacabre(m): 4:02pm On May 01, 2020
grin

I was wondering where this sudden surge of empathy from a normally apathetic government came from.

Then I remembered that today is Workers' Day.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by helinues: 4:03pm On May 01, 2020
Come out with something reasonable

You people have been fully exposed during this Coronavirus period.

So the billions both state and FG have been budgeting for health sector na scam..

Less than 500 ventilators in the whole 36 states when NY alone has 11k plus.

Lots of things are wrong with both the leaders and the masses.

Imagine how many pending job Lost..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by bamvik(m): 4:03pm On May 01, 2020
the painful truth is that if those private companies/establishment decides to lay off their workers, fg no go do anything. mind you over one million teachers in private schools accross the country are yet to resume work
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Racoon(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2020
Access Bank have already begin the cut down.Many companies & organisations can not even break even.God save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by helinues: 4:08pm On May 01, 2020
Racoon:
Access Bank have already begin the cut down.Many companies & organisations can not even break even.God save Nigeria.

Wait, why should the banks be donating money to government when they know they can't sustain their staffs?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Millenniumlady(f): 4:08pm On May 01, 2020
This government will use anything to oppress the poor
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by SalamRushdie: 4:17pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:

You think you are safe but you are only fooling yourself
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:

Life can be ironic sometimes.

So you're working with the Federal govt

But the way you talk sometimes in even below the local level...

No offence. grin cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 4:18pm On May 01, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Life can be ironic sometimes.

So you're working with the Federal govt

But the way you talk sometimes in even below the local level...

No offence. grin cheesy
Yep grammar is not my strong suit
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 4:19pm On May 01, 2020
SalamRushdie:

You think you are safe but you are only fooling yourself
how am I fooling myself
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by nisai: 4:21pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
grin This girl haba!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:

I'm not talking about Grammar!!!

I am talking about how you "reason" and the quality of the things you say (sometimes); especially the tribalism infested parts.

No offence again. grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by SalamRushdie: 4:27pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
how am I fooling myself

Federal govt is broke and all of you Federal workers might soon have to take pay cuts or downsize
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 4:29pm On May 01, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Federal govt is broke and all of you Federal workers might soon have to take pay cuts or downsize
even if the person is working with CBN, NNPC or FIRS
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 4:32pm On May 01, 2020
IAmMysterious:

I'm not talking about Grammar!!!

I am talking about how you "reason" and the quality of the things you say (sometimes); especially the tribalism infested parts.

No offence again. grin grin
I'm not tribalistic in reality. Three of my closest friends are igbos.., two from work one is my neighbor. I'm just here for revenge
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2020
helinues:

Wait, why should the banks be donating money to government when they know they can't sustain their staffs?

U think Access donating 1 billion was the reason behind this??

Didn't u see this pandemic shut down world economies. Even Boeing is doing same.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by abobote: 5:44pm On May 01, 2020
Believe anything the Government said at your own perils, its really a hard time, waking up to negative news everyday. The kind of recession that will hit Nigeria and some African countries, post coronavirus is best Imagined. Ghana saw the danger and quickly suspend the lockdown, Ivory Coast refused to go on total lockdown. whether you like it or not Hunger Virus is the mother of all virus and have been killing people here more than corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Realtord43: 6:47pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
Quota system employee feeling fly!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Realtord43: 6:53pm On May 01, 2020
Everybody shud braceup The world Economic is in bad shape and every body will b greatly be affected
the sign are all already glaring with top company laying off their staff
Nigeria wound'nt be difference, there will massive job loss
Prepare for impact!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Robisky001(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2020
Like someone already mentioned the Fed Gov't won't do shit if private companies decide to downsize their staff. They're just saying this to cover face so it doesn't look like they weren't concerned.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Poorboy: 7:21pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
Cintaku na you be that on your profile?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 01, 2020
Any bank staff suppose to be praying against job lost now....because bankers staffs and other private sector might reduce staffs
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by oyatz(m): 7:43pm On May 01, 2020
Yes ma'am and they are likely to start from the tribal bigots on Nairaland.

Yenefer:
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenefer(f): 7:44pm On May 01, 2020
oyatz:
Yes ma'am and they are likely to start from the tribal bigots on Nairaland.

common I'm not a tribal bigot
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Yenny4real(f): 7:45pm On May 01, 2020
Oransaye Report implementation is an indirect mass sack, many don't understand that.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Tetrahedron: 7:59pm On May 01, 2020
Foolish minister and ministries

Some companies I know have not paid tax in 5 years in this same Nigeria talkless of pension contribution for its staff, yet they are winning big time FG contracts every year because they are connected to Aso-Rock!

What do they want to ensure, fulish man, have u brought any company to book for not paying tax or remitting staff’s pension?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Flyingngel(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2020
So all this while he is not aware that many companies has started issuing letter of termination to their staffs.
Na wa for this government.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigerian Govt Reacts To Fears Over Mass Sack by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 01, 2020
Prepare for the worst while praying for the best...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speculation Of Tinubu/Dogara 2023 Emerges / Gunmen Open Fire On Borno State Governor's Convoy / Senator Bola Tinubu Unmasked..........a Must Read For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.