Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,565 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano (580 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure / COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 5:32pm On May 01, 2020
The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, said, “I wish to inform you that our response to the situation in Kano State is producing expected outcomes since testing was ramped up.

“The state task force in collaboration with our team have also expanded contact tracing and isolation.

“A lot of emphases are being placed on the training of different categories of manpower – medical, nursing, cleaners etc, the building of capacity for coordination and care management and supply chain. We are also putting together a structure from the Presidential Task Force team to provide support on a full-time basis.

The United Nations system coordinated by the World Health Organisation is also putting together a search team and repurposing 3,000 community informants from the Primary Healthcare in Kano State to strengthen the coordination of COVID-19 at state and local government levels.

“Although the spike in numbers coming out of Kano is a bit worrisome, global trends showed that such indicates discovery of previously undetected cases and creates greater opportunities for detection and isolation, care and management.”

The PUNCH reports that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control as of Thursday night said Kano recorded 80 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total infections confirmed in the state to 219 with zero recovery but five fatalities.

https://punchng.com/breaking-un-who-deploy-3000-personnel-in-kano/

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by SeverusSnape(m): 5:34pm On May 01, 2020
It's not funny. I fear for Kano, If care is not taken, The state might just become the new epicentre of the pandemic.

The annoying thing is Gandollar is still playing politics with this thing.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by ignis: 5:35pm On May 01, 2020
Where are tge 3000 personnel coming from? Hope they don't complicate issues .
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Kingosytex(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2020
We all should pray against Kano being the next stronghold of this pandemic.

May God see us through!!!!!!!!!!
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 01, 2020
They should be very Careful with W.H.O!

I don't trust those guys!

Total confusion is Written all over them
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 01, 2020
Why did they take the much needed step when the inept governor refused to accept the fact that kano has become epicentre of covid-19? Ganduje is a typical fulani man. That's the way they think...shalowly...at times, I wonder if they're REAL human beings.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by tayebest(m): 5:46pm On May 01, 2020
Its much needed in Kano, because Ganduje is becoming silly this days.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 5:50pm On May 01, 2020
Only God knows the real situation on ground in Kano, for WHO to send 3000, it speaks volume
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Seun(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2020
Wow, the situation must be very serious there.

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by DanseMacabre(m): 6:02pm On May 01, 2020
Hmmm. I sincerely pray Kano doesn't get overwhelmed, although the indices on ground are all pointing towards that.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
Seun:
I read of someone that died in Abuja today, but came from Kano
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Hv bn to Kano on my way to Fanisau nysc orientation camp in Jigawa and must say the state smells bad. The road side dey smell pee with fearless & uncontrollable flies dragging your food with you.
Kano need serious environmental sanitation and fumigation

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by DanseMacabre(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2020
Seun:
Wow, the situation must be very serious there. I didn't know that the WHO could deploy large numbers of people into a country like that.

I didn't either. 3,000 personnel is quite a large number, except if the case is that their country staff here in Nigeria comprise a large portion of that number.

Because if it's otherwise, those 3,000 still need to be isolated for the required time, and also tested for the virus. It's quite mind-boggling, but still a welcome move since Kano's healthcare system is all but comatose presently.

**Modified

I see the headline has been altered now. This means they are training 3,000 local personnel. Better.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by tayebest(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2020
Seun:

The situation is worst than acute malaria and verbal autopsy.

Kano is on a long thing! sad
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by DanseMacabre(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
Hv bn to Kano on my way to Fanisau nysc orientation camp in Jigawa and must say the state smells bad. The road side dey smell pee with fearless & uncontrollable flies dragging your food with you.

Wow 'the state smells bad' is too broad a generalisation, don't you think? Kano still has residential areas that are pristine and well-kept.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Wow 'the state smells bad' is too broad a generalisation, don't you think? Kano still has residential areas that are pristine and well-kept.
That's big men area but in densely populated area is an eye sore
Imagine developing the capital while other part are bn left under attended
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by DanseMacabre(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
That's big men area but in densely populated area is an eye sore
Imagine developing the capital while other part are bn left under attended

Same can be said for virtually every city in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by yanabasee1(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2020
Because it's WHO and UN, Nigerians will not say anything.... If they were Chinese... By now, some learned illiterates will start to write epistle to ridiculed themselves....
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Same can be said for virtually every city in Nigeria.
Is like you're from Kano? No offence but from my discoveries

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by yanabasee1(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:

Not only in Kano state.....

North as a whole, have a thing in common with open defecation....

They openly excrete and urinate wherever they want and they go their way...

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by ItooWorWor(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2020
This is very serious, maybe the corona in Kano is covid-29

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by DanseMacabre(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
Is like you're from Kano? No offence but from my discoveries

I'm not from Kano sir. What 'discoveries'? cheesy
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 6:39pm On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

I'm not from Kano sir. What 'discoveries'? cheesy

Sabo Garri too is unkept, places like Edo, Delta, Benue quarters and so on. Sabo Gari market too
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 6:41pm On May 01, 2020
More health workers may be needed, 3000 is small considering the population of Kano
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 6:58pm On May 01, 2020
Lala Kano needs you oooooo
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by CodeTemplar: 7:06pm On May 01, 2020
hnmma
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 11:13pm On May 01, 2020
CodeTemplar:
hnmma
Kano needs you
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by Omooba77: 11:54pm On May 01, 2020
Seun:

Seun, Kano top again tonight, 92....
Re: COVID-19: WHO Training 3,000 Community Informants In Kano by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:51am On May 02, 2020
Good to know

(1) (Reply)

Football Clubs Cash In:,make Face Masks In Club Colours With Logos / Bill Gates' Vaccine Confirmed To Come With RFID Chip / Brazilian Man Becomes First Person To Be 'cured’ Of HIV With Drugs Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.