Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

How To Recruit Employees With Equity - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Recruit Employees With Equity (145 Views)

FG To Recruit 5,000 Unemployed Nigerians Under BRISIN / EFCC To Recruit 2,250; 750 Employees Per Year As Buhari Approves Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recruit Employees With Equity by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
It was well past midnight, and I was on the phone with my co-founder and a potential “company-making” hire who we wanted to join our team. Very badly. An acclaimed systems engineer, this individual would enable us to take our business to the next level.

“If you look at the pay today, yes, it’s low, but we know that you will make up more than your fair share of return with the sizable ownership and equity package we are giving you,” said my co-founder to the potential hire.

The potential hire immediately responded back, “Yes, I get that. But I also like cash in my pocket now, and I am getting offers from other firms that, while not as generous on ownership, give me more of a sense of security today.”

I immediately chimed in: “Totally get you on that, but you also have to look at the downside risk. You can always, given your talents, go work for a larger company. This is the time where you have the opportunity to take a big swing at it and not be a corporate drone.”

After some pronounced silence, the potential hire immediately responded, “That actually makes a lot of sense. Send me the paperwork.”

In the earliest stages of a new company, entrepreneurs are often faced with two diametrically opposing forces: the need to grow and the need to... read more>>>https://www.successdigestonline.com/how-to-recruit-employees-with-equity/

(1) (Reply)

Drivers Needed In Ibadan / Please I Need A Job Or Capital For My Business. / Sales Associate At Ellie’s Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.