Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ (396 Views)

Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen / Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / Breaking News Madagascar Discovered Covic-19 Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by brojoes5030: 6:56pm On May 01, 2020
UAE develops COVID-19 treatment, ‘could be game-changer’

United Arab Emirates(UAE) has announced a breakthrough in coronavirus treatment “which could be a game-changer in the global fight” against the pandemic.

Hend Al Otaiba, director of strategic communications of the UAE Foreign Ministry announced the breakthrough made by the Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Centre.

She said the treatment regenerates lung cells and prevents the immune system from overreacting.

According to her, the treatment involves the extraction of stem cells from a patient’s blood.

Then the stem cells are reintroduced into the lungs via inhalation of a mist.

“[This] could have a significant impact on our ability to live with the virus until a vaccine is available,” Al Otaiba added.

The treatment has undergone an initial phase of clinical trials, with no harmful side effects.

Seventy-three patients made full recoveries, using the treatment method, according to Otaiba.

Many of the trial patients were moderate to severely ill prior to treatment.

Many were also intubated in an intensive care unit.

More trials are being conducted and a clearer understanding of the treatment’s potential should be available in the coming weeks.

The UAE has so far recorded 13,038 coronavirus cases but has maintained a relatively low death toll with only 111 fatalities.

Meanwhile, 2,543 people, nearly 20 percent of the country’s infected patients, have recovered
Reported by Alarabiya

https://pepedem.com/coronavirus/breaking-uae-develops-covid-19-treatment-could-be-game-changer/

Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 01, 2020
More like it. This is great news
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 01, 2020
I go like fvck one of ds Conservative Arab country, I heard dey are not as strict as Saudi Arabia and their women honeywell tight unlike our sisiters them here in Nigeria with random oval honeywell shape
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by Mightyhaiz: 7:10pm On May 01, 2020
Too costly
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by AdaoraNK(f): 7:12pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
I go like fvck one of ds Conservative Arab country, I heard dey are not as strict as Saudi Arabia and their women honeywell tight unlike our sisiters them here in Nigeria with random oval honeywell shape

Don't your women deserve some respect? Was it not your men that put them into what you now see as 'disgusting'!?

So you want to go put the Arab women the way your men put their women?
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 01, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Don't your women deserve some respect? Was it not your men that put them into what you now see as 'disgusting'!?

So you want to go put the Arab women the way your men put their women?
If only I hv done such as you said, I rarely worship such things as I can honestly count how many times I hv bleep any woman since I knew what sex is
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by baralatie(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Too costly
stem cells o.This is for regenerative procedure. fpucking expensive and controversial.
Re: Breaking: UAE Develops COVID-19 Treatment, ‘could Be Game-changer’ by EzzyCarter: 7:25pm On May 01, 2020
Tired of all these false-hope eliciting news abeg. sadThey should find a cure in peace and let us know when it has passed trial

(1) (Reply)

The Coronavirus 5G Connection and Coverup - Bill Gates / JUST IN: Assistant Commissioner Of Police Dies In Kano / Photos : Horses On Nose Masks Spotted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.