Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? (1800 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? / Build Your Capacity On Poultry Layers Production / Poultry Layers Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Anwons(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2020
On an average basis, that is, in a start up of the same amount of money, which would be more profitable between poultry farming(layers precisely) and bread bakery?

Anyone with good idea, pls share your thought.
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 01, 2020
Testing testing Hun Hun hello one 2
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by uboma(m): 7:37pm On May 01, 2020
You can never loose money if you invest in a bakery.
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by paqman: 7:38pm On May 01, 2020
uboma:
You can never loose money if you invest in a bakery.
who told you that

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by paqman: 7:44pm On May 01, 2020
Bakery is a good bussines, but the type of customers and your flow with customers determine how your bakery will suceed , am not just blabing . Am an experience baker .just incase you need our service dont hesitate to contact

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by uboma(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2020
paqman:
who told you that

If you have lost money in bakery business, please tell us how it happened?
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Anwons(m): 11:13pm On May 01, 2020
More of argument? Any comparative analysis?
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Victornezzar: 11:38am On May 02, 2020
Anwons:
More of argument? Any comparative analysis?
This post will be better in the business section

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by yemmit90: 1:13pm On May 02, 2020
Let me give you a practical analysis of the two;

If you are starting with your entire savings or you dont have another source of income, please go for Bakery. You only need to adopt a good market strategy to sell your bread. Whereas in poultry, you just have to deal with already saturated market and diseases outbreak.

Unlike bakery, you can lose your entire capital doing poultry business.

In poultry business, you are always at the mercy of buyers.

Unlike bakery, anyone can rear birds at his/her backyard, this make the demand for poultry products on decline side.

2 Likes

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by uche393: 1:21pm On May 02, 2020
both are risky expescially bakery
if by any mistake your bread no gree Rise you are in big soup and it can lead to closure.

poultry might require lesser startup capital and less labour/ operation cost (depending on the size)

you can only succeed in bakery if you plan to be in the business for long time (at least 10yrs) because your product is new. you won't make quick sales except you target deep rural areas(supply more) and urban (supply less amount steadily) till you get relevant in the market

If you can take care of your birds more a new born child...go for poultry

Do more of research

2 Likes

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Victornezzar: 2:27pm On May 02, 2020
uche393:
both are risky expescially bakery
if by any mistake your bread no gree Rise you are in big soup and it can lead to closure.

poultry might require lesser startup capital and less labour/ operation cost (depending on the size)

you can only succeed in bakery if you plan to be in the business for long time (at least 10yrs) because your product is new. you won't make quick sales except you target deep rural areas(supply more) and urban (supply less amount steadily) till you get relevant in the market

If you can take care of your birds more a new born child...go for poultry

Do more of research

I don't seem to understand the bolded Bros, What's the main aim of producing bread abeg
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by uche393: 2:39pm On May 02, 2020
Victornezzar:

I don't seem to understand the bolded Bros, What's the main aim of producing bread abeg
I mean you are in big loss if your bread didn't rise
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Victornezzar: 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
uche393:
I mean you are in big loss if your bread didn't rise
What's the purpose of Yeast when baking

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Strech(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2020
www./1112846675750766/permalink/1129135580788542 to me that barkery should be more profitable. But no forget to click and show some love.

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by uche393: 5:30pm On May 02, 2020
Victornezzar:

there might be error in mixing or even expired yeast (technical or human errors).
my friend's dad has experienced this during his own time in the North. The reason why I brought out this point is because of those who said someone cannot loss in bakery business. there are many other problems in bakery ( but they can be solved) but marketing problem is what you should consider first, it cannot be easily solved except you research.

I can give you some guide on marketing if you wish for free. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Victornezzar: 5:50pm On May 02, 2020
uche393:
there might be error in mixing or even expired yeast (technical or human errors).
my friend's dad has experienced this during his own time in the North. The reason why I brought out this point is because of those who said someone cannot loss in bakery business. there are many other problems in bakery ( but they can be solved) but marketing problem is what you should consider first cannot be easily solved except you research.

Hmmmm

Throw more insight boss
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Anwons(m): 2:24pm On May 03, 2020
Victornezzar:

This post will be better in the business section

Yeah, you're right. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by dedons: 5:52pm On May 03, 2020
paqman:
Bakery is a good bussines, but the type of customers and your flow with customers determine how your bakery will suceed , am not just blabing . Am an experience baker .just incase you need our service dont hesitate to contact
let me save this
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by dedons: 5:54pm On May 03, 2020
uche393:
my friend's dad has experienced this during his own time in the North. The reason why I brought out this point is because of those who said someone cannot loss in bakery business. there are many other problems in bakery ( but they can be solved) but marketing problem is what you should consider first, it cannot be easily solved except you research.

nice one
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by noeloge82(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2020
This is not a good comparison , both biz model have its pros and con , and level of understanding , management and investment in each will give a different out come .
But d truth is that both are daily consumables and if due diligence is adhered to steady profits is guaranteed
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by jidestroud(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2020
ALL businesses have equal chances of successes and failures.
Do your homework and most especially, pray thy Lord grace abound in whatever you lay your hands to do.
Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by excanny: 6:34pm On May 03, 2020
Over 15 comments and nothing straight to the point.
A satisfactory answer. smh

1 Like

Re: Poultry(layers) And Bakery, Which Is More Profitable? by Alhajiemeritus: 3:12pm On May 04, 2020
Victornezzar:

I tire o.
Bread that we even bake at home and it rises.

(1) (Reply)

An Opportunity To Attend A Great International Agribusiness Conference In UAE / Irresistably Cheap: 67 Hectares Of Land For Sale. / I Need Noilers In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.