Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,434 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Ayam Not Understanding - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ayam Not Understanding (672 Views)

That Feeling Of Not Understanding Yourself.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ayam Not Understanding by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 7:28pm On May 01, 2020
Recently I watched a nollywood movie on Africa Magic titled AYAM NOT UNDERSTANDING. In the movie, Ngozi Ezeonu brought a funny young village girl to foist on his son in the city as an alternative wife because she hated the young man’s wife who was unable to conceive. When things weren’t making sense to young man, he would use the expression “I am not understanding.” So the funny village girl was trying to mimic the guy and was always exclaiming in her own version “Ayam not understanding.”
“Ayam not understanding” the rationale behind some of the guidelines released yesterday by the federal government. Yesterday I read in the Punch Newspaper that the federal government has asked federal civil servants to resume and work only three days in a week, morning to 2pm each day. “Ayam not understanding” whether those three days in the week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) are the days of the week that Corona Virus cannot infect the workers in their workplaces, and then the other two days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) that they’re to stay at home are the days that the COVID 19 could be flying around in the offices. The same things I do not understand about the timing of work for the civil servants. They should resume fully.
I wish that our dear president would make speeches regularly so that we'll be hearing directly from “our father.” Trump, Johnson and other great leaders in the world are regularly addressing their citizens extempore. Here, our president would once in a while deliver a speech written for him. And the speech delivery will even be treated like a special ceremony. Sorry, I forgot that we're in a part of the world where being a president is being something larger than life.
Let me wish the hard working Nigerian workers a happy Workers' Day. Work is the essence of man on earth, and there is dignity in labour (whatever you deploy your energy to do to create value, whether in employment or in your private hustle). Happy Workers’ Day.
Kingsley Onwuka
Re: Ayam Not Understanding by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 01, 2020
Nice advert
Re: Ayam Not Understanding by sultaan(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2020
You need to understand that civil servants are just bills the government has to pay, they are just giving them opportunity to get other jobs pending when there will be mass retrenchment.
Think about it, in the last one year how much service has a civil servant given to you that you have paid for and you know it was worth their pay check

(1) (Reply)

The Most Important Things You Need To Know About Wristwatches In Nigeria. / Has This Ever Happened To You While Going Shopping? / How To Sell Your Digital Products Without A Website For Free...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.