Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help (2759 Views)

Being A First Daughter / Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Texasbound190: 12:37am On May 02, 2020
Dont crack your head too much the love she refers to isnt the one you are thinking obviously what can a 5year old know about love,she is just attached to you,thats all,i have a 5yr old too who is so fond of me,however try to balance the love for the two of them and please be very vigilant with her on the love issue,let her mom spend time wirh her too...
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by googi: 1:37am On May 02, 2020
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Both boys and girls eventually swift their love to the mother. The older they get, the more they love their mother.

Unless the mother abused their father physically or emotionally.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by cooooooks(m): 1:53am On May 02, 2020
Just tell her that both of you love her so much. Don't try to force her to change your mind.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Dottore: 2:01am On May 02, 2020
mcdokwe:

Electra Complex, you mean.
Electra complex is an old-fashioned term for the Oedipus complex as manifested in young girls.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by mcdokwe(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2020
Dottore:

Electra complex is an old-fashioned term for the Oedipus complex as manifested in young girls.
oh really? I didn't get the memo
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Mizwisdom(f): 8:55am On May 02, 2020
FIRST daughters are always close to their dad. I don't think there's anything that can stop this unless the man treats her mother badly, if not, it seems to be a law of nature

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 8:59am On May 02, 2020
Is your wife not her mother? Well... I don't see anything wrong in that as I was more attached to my dad than my mum as a small child. and my reason was simply because dad takes me out to fun parks and his place of work a lot, bought me goodies a lot and dashed me money a lot. Which is enough reason for any child to attach easily to someone.

Maybe your wife should be more friendly and spoil her a bit with goodies if she's bothered about the issue.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 10:15am On May 02, 2020
it's normal.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Stargurl20(f): 10:37am On May 02, 2020
Dottore:
It's normal for kids to have more affection for a parent of the opposite sex.

Your only concern should be that it doesn't escalate to Oedipus Complex
Electra complex, you mean?
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by frozen70(f): 10:12pm On May 03, 2020
nabiz:
To go straight to the point, this is the second time my five years old daughter is telling my wife that she loves me more than my wife. This is giving me a great concern. I have a wonderful family infact my wife is the best woman on earth. I don't really know why my daughter should be saying this. I love my wife and prefer my children to love her more. Pls do you think the five years old girl meant what she say. What should I do or what should my wife do. I have notice that my wife is not have about that. Pls advice me

There is nothing to worry about

First daughters loves their dad

First sons loves their mothers

Start taking note of it
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by baybie3(f): 10:30pm On May 03, 2020
There is nothing to worry about, its very common in children especially if your wife is a no nonsense person. Few weeks ago, I overhead my son of 3years telling his elder sister that he doesn't like mummy(ie me) because mummy used to flog him grin, that he prefers daddy cheesy
I felt bad initially but later consoled myself. At least that I discipline him sometimes is for his own good, if he doesn't understand now, then soonest he will. One thing is, I don't spare the rod when the need arises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 03, 2020
Donald3d:

SO its now immoral for a daughter to say she loves her father more than her mom ?
And who told you she doesn't know what she is saying ?
Wow !

cheesy
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 03, 2020
Dottore:
It's normal for kids to have more affection for a parent of the opposite sex.

Your only concern should be that it doesn't escalate to Oedipus Complex

I agree
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 03, 2020
nabiz:
l want my children to love my wife more because I love her even more than my children. She is my eternal companion

Now this is becoming disturbing
Or are you trolling?
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 7:22am On May 04, 2020
Poster, do you know what good cop and bad cop is?
Your wife is the bad cop and you're the good cop.
Sometimes take up the disciplinary actions, dont let your wife be the one shouting and correcting her always while in your case, you are the cool dad thats not always at home, and when you come back you come with gifts and you dont really shout or correct ..

When i was younger, i disliked my mum cos she was always shouting at me and i liked my dad cos he never did that.
But I'm older now and i definitely understand better..
So her attitude will change with age, but it will take time unless you switch roles with your wife sometimes.
Dont let her be the bad cop ALL THE TIME.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 8:26am On May 04, 2020
Nairalandgirl:
Sometimes take up the disciplinary actions, dont let your wife be the one shouting and correcting her always while in your case, you are the cool dad thats not always at home, and when you come back you come with gifts and you dont really shout or correct ..

When i was younger, i disliked my mum cos she was always shouting at me and i liked my dad cos he never did that.
So her attitude will change with age, but it will take time unless you switch roles with your wife sometimes.
you are right
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 12:48am On May 05, 2020
@ Dottore, hello,
Elektra’s Complex as a term is old fashioned, but not obsolete. So it’s still a right term to use. I see you are using Oedipal @ female display though, that’s real modern of you, lol!
Thanks for making me get updated, cheers.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 8:01am On May 06, 2020
merahki:

Now this is becoming disturbing
Or are you trolling?
my wife is my first family before my children. One day they will may their own family and may abandoned me with this easy going woman. No one even my children can distract us lol
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 8:01am On May 06, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

you are not far from the truth, but thanks
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Codeblues(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2020
On my personal opinion, this shows how disciplined your wife is with her daughter as she scold her at the right time and when necessary hence you believes she loves you more than her mom.

The truth is that your daughter at her age sees you as being weak hence the love to you. Event will turn against you in the nearest future. Ensure you do appropriate thing by scolding and showing love when necessary bro.

My cents though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enough Of Showcasing manlinesses / Just 4 Emphasis, Tpia Is Godfearing, I Am Not Here 2 Look For Who To Cheat With / To Make Incest Legal Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.