Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! (215 Views)

Man Walks On Rope Across Bridge, Train Tracks At CMS Bus Stop In Lagos (Video) / Aside From Nairaland, Which Nigerian Site Do You Visit Multiple Times A Day / Top Websites You Shouldn't Visit Or Regret Visiting Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! by Saintdupsie: 10:43pm On May 01, 2020
Guys!
I wanted to share my new discovery with you. It was a shock to discover that there is a thing called off-facebook activity which is a feature on Facebook that monitors the activities you perform on other phones you have installed on your phone as well websites you visit. I found out that these apps and websites use Facebook business tools which allows them to share their users' activities with Facebook without you knowing it! Even apps that you did not link with Facebook and websites you only just visited.

So yeah I was surprised to see that any.do, which is the app I use for my to-do list has been sharing my information with Facebook. Finally, there is an answer as to why I always see all these ads or recommendations on Facebook that always make me feel like someone is creeping in my thoughts.

Now let me share with you how to see which of your phone apps is sharing your data with Facebook, how long it has been going on for, and how to turn this OFF-FACEBOOK ACTIVITY feature off on your phone.

Shown in details here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jLmNxoml0g
Re: Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 01, 2020
I discovered that too this week.

I think they recently enabled that privacy setting, because I never saw it there before. It was like an underground thing. Covertly stealing people's data without their knowledge.
Re: Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 01, 2020
Hian!

Re: Facebook Tracks You On Your Other Phone Apps And Websites You Visit!!! by Chuky7(m): 6:27pm On May 02, 2020
Big Brother

(1) (Reply)

Ibaji Oil Belongs To Koji State- Ohikere / COVID-19 Not Ending Soon, Normal Life Won't Return Until 2021 - NCDC DG / Top & Best Lawyer In Lahore Pakistan & Lawyers In Pakistan For Legal Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.