Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians (48725 Views)

COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports / Evacuation Almost Done On Otedola Bridge After Fuel Tanker Explosion. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Ijaya123: 9:57am On May 02, 2020
Meanwhile, we can stop this pandemic together...

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nairalandmonika: 9:58am On May 02, 2020
easyfem:
No place like my home ( CANADA ) ...... Let me ask this question ... Pls oooo pple in other country , do they refer Nigeria as an abroad too ?
I guess so undecided
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by StrikeBack(m): 9:58am On May 02, 2020
cool
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by abbaapple: 9:59am On May 02, 2020
angry
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by DontCough: 10:01am On May 02, 2020
A summary of the post up there is that those who left did so due to the reasons listed below
1. Family sake
2. Fear of explosion of the virus here in Nigeria
3. Enjoyment of social amenities
4. The responsibilies of civilian adherence to Government directives.

9 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by lmm4real: 10:02am On May 02, 2020
Yenefer:
Who is deleting my comments?

Lol
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by ssogundele(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2020
Even Aisha will japa if given the opportunity!
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by juman(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2020
One nigeria has failed us.
The greedy generals were the main destroyers.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by ayobaye(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2020
Best decision taken. Until we get it right in this country, our own citizens will continue to run away from home. Only the chinchin will want to come and explore our resources in ...............

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Tboymessiah(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2020
If no be shame buhari for japa too
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Lisaint(m): 10:05am On May 02, 2020
I almost break down in tears when I saw this My refrigerator is full. My light won’t go off and I am not worried about food for weeks ahead

Nigeria my country
Is the same country where Nepa will off light in the rain
This is the same country where People will task theirselves to buy transformer, cables, fuse box in new sites area only for nepa to come and claim its there property afterwards
This is the same country where The president will be addressing the nation and the nation will be in darkness
This is the same country that industries are pulling out for because of this same Power

Did you think if there's is light
People will wanna come out.

Why is it that we can't get power out from federal government hands?
Why National Grid?

Why is it that Visionary states like Lagos state can't kick start this process to remove the move Power from Exclusive List to Concurrent List USING THEIR 3 SENATORS?

What's stopping other state from using their senators?

Must this states keep on building IPP for FG?

Yar adua of late memories come with 7 Point Agenda
Jonathan come with Transformation Agenda
The incumbent is fighting corruption

Can we just have one president that will focus on one

Either
Power, Education Security, Constitution, Health instead of packing everything together and end up doing nothing

Its so sad
We were shouting vision 2020
Now it's here we are running helter sklelter

12 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by adeniyi65(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:
My great grand father was forming bravery. Then he was applauded because he fought his way out of captivity. He was about being transported across the seas into slavery. By providence or sheer luck he cut his restraining chain and escaped.
He was hailed all round the neighborhood.
Today I realized that it was a big mistake. I would have been an American citizen if not for his actions.
;d ;d ;d I tell you man.those Africans slaves that landed safely on European and American soil had secured a promising lineage.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by GEEBITE: 10:15am On May 02, 2020
Helter skelter* Hanky panky means being shady.
Lisaint:
I almost break down in tears when I saw this My refrigerator is full. My light won’t go off and I am not worried about food for weeks ahead

Nigeria my country
Is the same country where Nepa will off light in the rain
This is the same country where People will task theirselves to buy transformer, cables, fuse box in new sites area only for nepa to come and claim its there property afterwards
This is the same country where The president will be addressing the nation and the nation will be in darkness
This is the same country that industries are pulling out for because of this same Power

Did you think if there's is light
People will wanna come out.

Why is it that we can't get power out from federal government hands?
Why National Grid?

Why is it that Visionary states like Lagos state can't kick start this process to remove the move Power from Exclusive List to Concurrent List USING THEIR 3 SENATORS?

What's stopping other state from using their senators?

Must this states keep on building IPP for FG?

Yar adua of late memories come with 7 Point Agenda
Jonathan come with Transformation Agenda
The incumbent is fighting corruption

Can we just have one president that will focus on one

Either
Power, Education Security, Constitution, Health instead of packing everything together and end up doing nothing

Its so sad
We were shouting vision 2020
Now it's here we are running hanky-panky
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 10:16am On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
At the state of this severe situation in the western world 99% of Nigerian's will fall in if free visa are being given them......Everybody won japa cheesy
I will go to the epicentre of the virus self (Italy)
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by GreatResearcher1: 10:17am On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
At the state of this severe situation in the western world 99% of Nigerian's will fall in if free visa are being given them......Everybody won japa cheesy
No be everybody wan japa o. Nigeria is a good place if you have the money.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by RTSC: 10:18am On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:
My great grand father was forming bravery. Then he was applauded because he fought his way out of captivity. He was about being transported across the seas into slavery. By providence or sheer luck he cut his restraining chain and escaped.
Today I realized that it was a big mistake. I would have been an American citizen if not for his actions.
My own father dated an australian woman in his youth.

He missed travelling to Australia because the letter the lady sent got lost in transit.

They met each other decades later.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by salbis(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
. You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Phobia26(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2020
Me I will go for sure
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by PigTormentor: 10:26am On May 02, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
The Nation newspaper trying to change the narrative but we all know that most of them left because they believe in the Healthcare system of Canada and USA.

Even the Nation newspaper staffs will join the next available train to move out

Let's give your apartment, bar, club event center an exotic design with our vehicle tyres furniture.

Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5826555/vehicle-tyre-designz

The narrative given by this interview is very correct.

First, you don't need to go back to collect any money given by the govt, I'm here in Nigeria and my money was paid into my account because I had filed my taxes and the govt simply used my last direct deposit account to deposit my money. How many people even pay taxes in Nigeria.
Secondly, my friend went back simply because of the same reason given by this guy. He wanted to stay in Nigeria, he knew Nigeria is safer in regards to the Covid 19 situation but his kids and wife are there all alone. In situations like this, the head of the family, usually thr man is expected to be around for guidance and assurance.
My family lives here so I'm here.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Lisaint(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2020
GEEBITE:
Helter skelter* Hanky panky means being shady.

Modified bro

Thanks

Peace be unto you
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Olabode971(f): 10:27am On May 02, 2020
good move... 5,000 Canada dollars for moving back to Canada,To get, 2,200 Canada dollars as Stimulus+Good social amenities+Sane community. Without Argument .. (This Is the best move of the MONTH. )

2 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 10:37am On May 02, 2020
Who dem epp? Abeg shift make we see road. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Hotspotbro(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2020
Oya i see another visa lottery program coming up after covid19.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by toyin03(f): 10:42am On May 02, 2020
And these are the same set of people that brought this virus to Nigeria o.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Youngminister(m): 10:44am On May 02, 2020
I understand
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Alchelm7(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2020
Odds are you wouldn't have been born,so?
chrisxxx:

3 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Agugbadin: 11:05am On May 02, 2020
Lies, is because of the money and other juicy palliatives
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Ade3131: 11:07am On May 02, 2020
YorubaPrince:
As a multi-citizen currently stuck in 9ja cuz of this pandemic. My stimulus went straight to my account (even though mine is very small as I fall on high income earner category). I just transferred straight to my domiciliary here for 9ja. grin

But if the current situation goes south here in Nigeria, you won't think twice before you write the embassy that you're trapped in Nigeria. As if Nigeria is an entrapment sort of, I envy people with dual citizenship sha... COVID-19 is a typical scenario that makes being a dual citizenship a big accomplishment.

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by spiralwedge(m): 11:12am On May 02, 2020
The next few weeks may be disastrous for Nigeria. I foresee overwhelmed isolation centres and hospitals and cemeteries. I also forsee medics absconding.

The first 2 weeks of the Lockdown was our golden chance, but we blew it.

The only way out of this is a total lockdown for a month WITH GOVT PROVIDING PALLIATIVES TO EVERY HOME. All the billions I'm hearing in the news can do it. Even if it is just Lagos. Feed them for a whole month and give them electricity, they will stay at home.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by zedegit: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-joined-us-canada-evacuation-trains-dual-citizen-nigerians/

Pascal Atuma

I agree with him except mentioning palliative. There's no palliative or will I say it was highly biased and selective in Nigeria.

I didn't receive a dime!

As for the issue of people losing their jobs and others being forced to work to receive salary.

Should I talk about electricity? The major thing that takes me out is charging. If there's electricity I can stay at home for 2 weeks besides coming out once in 2 weeks to restock.

Did I mention that PHCN cut our line despite the 2 months free light which government later denied.

Naija can play ping pong with your destiny fah.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by donvicky2007: 11:14am On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:

Don't be too sure, your great grand father might be among the slaves that lost their life in the sea.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hungry Looking Camel In Abuja Zoo / Two Dead In Fatal Accident In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.