Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 (1496 Views)

Russian Troops On The Run As Ukraine Starstreaks Fired Killed 22,000 Troops / Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Explorers(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2020
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an immediate ban Friday on the sale and use of assault-style weapons in Canada, two weeks after a gunman killed 22 people in Nova Scotia.

Trudeau cited numerous mass shootings in the country, including the rampage that killed 22 in Nova Scotia April 18 and 19.

He announced the ban of over 1,500 models and variants of assault-style firearms, including two guns used by the gunman as well as the AR-15 and other weapons that have been used in a number of mass shootings in the United States.

'You do not need an AR-15 to take down a deer,' Trudeau said.

'So, effective immediately, it is no longer permitted to buy, sell, transport, import or use military-grade, assault weapons in this country.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8278459/Canada-bans-assault-style-weapons-mass-shooting.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Explorers(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2020
April, 2020.

The gunman who shot 22 people dead in 12 hours rampage in Canada's worst mass shooting started with a domestic violence incident, attacking and tying up his girlfriend at his home in Nova Scotia.

His partner managed to escape and hid in the woods nearby, staying there overnight until she could find a police officer.

Gabriel, 51, later disguised as a police officer shooting his victims in their homes and setting fires.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
Living life like wild animals. What is civilization anyway?

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by helinues: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
Better
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by iso604: 4:47pm On May 02, 2020
No let them have it and kill themselves

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 02, 2020
Explorers:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an immediate ban Friday on the sale and use of assault-style weapons in Canada, two weeks after a gunman killed 22 people in Nova Scotia.

Trudeau cited numerous mass shootings in the country, including the rampage that killed 22 in Nova Scotia April 18 and 19.

He announced the ban of over 1,500 models and variants of assault-style firearms, including two guns used by the gunman as well as the AR-15 and other weapons that have been used in a number of mass shootings in the United States.

'You do not need an AR-15 to take down a deer,' Trudeau said.

Quote of the day:
"You don't need an AR-15 to take down a deer". smiley

PM Trudeau is a funny guy. For real.

But seriously, the rifle is supposed to be a "widow-maker". Not a hunting gun.

Or isn't that what the IRA used to call it back in the day?

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by GamalNasser: 4:49pm On May 02, 2020
Still won't change anything , criminals always know how to get their tools
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 02, 2020
Let Canada be safe before I come, although I'm half way there already.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by DanseMacabre(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
Wow. This can never happen in the US, and it's crazy really. Americans don't want to repeal gun laws written over two centuries ago, when the 'right to bear arms' was written with Native American assailants in mind.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by DanseMacabre(m): 4:57pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Still won't change anything , criminals always know how to get their tools

But at least it's much more difficult now. It's a step in the right direction.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by starbuck(f): 5:03pm On May 02, 2020
The westerners know how to misuse opportunities and freedom given to them undecided undecided

How i wish i can get access to a licensed gun, believe me i have a lot of people to test it on... Not after the experience i had with armed men... The NPF laughed at me and said that apart from the hassle of getting one, they hardly issue it to females embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by tillaman(m): 5:16pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by rottennaija(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2020
Try banning that in the US and they will come for you with their so called first amendment right

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by cassidy1996(m): 5:38pm On May 02, 2020
very good
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Explorers(m): 5:58pm On May 02, 2020
rottennaija:
Try banning that in the US and they will come for you with their so called first amendment right

I see this happening in the United States someday. Citizens/Civilians will have the right to carry arms, but just handguns, shotguns, and some light rifles.

Assault rifles, military grade weapons will be taken away, is a matter of time.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 02, 2020
Martial law Loading.....

Endtime Preparations on high gear...

Pm Tradeau is after something else
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Makavelli25: 6:08pm On May 02, 2020
Nice development How can they carry arms like that.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by tillaman(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2020
Explorers:

I see this happening in the United States someday. Citizens/Civilians will have the right to carry arms, but just handguns, shotguns, and some light rifles.

i don’t see this happening in the USA those lads takes their 2nd amendment serious like we take
Minimum wage here, not all state will allow it, different states with their own rules, in North Carolina If there was an altercation between and you and someone and it led to a shootout and the other person ends up dead you won’t go to jail because you are within your rights as per self defense

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Ifedayosteven(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2020
rottennaija:
It's the second amendment. It's hard to criticize what you know little about.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Ifedayosteven(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2020
Explorers:

Technically assault rifle are already banned in the US.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 02, 2020
I was wondering too. I only know about 2nd amendment with regards to bearing of firearms in the US.
Ifedayosteven:

It's the second amendment. It's hard to criticize what you know little about.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Explorers(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2020
tillaman:
i don’t see this happening in the USA those lads takes their 4th amendment serious like we take
Minimum wage here, not all state will allow it, different states with their own rules, in North Carolina If there was an altercation between and you and someone and it led to a shootout and the other person ends up dead you won’t go to jail because you are within your rights as per self defense

Is a matter of time.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by kalvoken(m): 9:25pm On May 02, 2020
Just imagine government legalizing fire arms here in Nigeria, Lagos and Kanno population will drop to less than 100 persons each.

The rate of drug abuse in these two states is mind blowing.

Mind you, when I say drug, I mean those stuff they mix in a soft drink plastic. Not even normal puffs

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by michlins(m): 11:56pm On May 02, 2020
Trump and his NRA donors will hate this guy guts. More deadly mass shooting has happened in US but trust the NRA to downplay it and blame the shooter mental health if he's white, blame violent gang if he's black and blame Islam and terrorism if he's a Moslem.

But when you talk about taking the tool that aids the crime, they will come for your head

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by michlins(m): 11:57pm On May 02, 2020
tillaman:
i don’t see this happening in the USA those lads takes their 4th amendment serious like we take
it's the second amendment not third
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by tillaman(m): 1:08am On May 03, 2020
michlins:
it's the second amendment not third
thanks boss
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by henryobinna(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2020
mumu country, not like this will stop mass shootings if the individual really wants to kill people, afterall the last guy did not commit the crime with licensed/registered gun. He committed the crime with illegally gotten guns, so I don't know what these leftist politicians are running about for.

If they cam find a way to stop criminals from illegally getting guns then I'll take them seriously

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by henryobinna(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2020
Explorers:

fun fact many shotguns are deadlier than the AR 15 with a much higher force that can penetrate more two people and still penetrate a wall.

The truth is most of all these gun laws aren't really to protect citizens, it's all politics.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by henryobinna(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2020
Explorers:

Is a matter of time.
I follow lots of gun channels and forums and I can tell you any attempt at forcefully doing so will result in another civil war.

If you follow their forums, you'll see they brag about it a lot, they'd rather go to war than you take away their right to bear arms
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Ifedayosteven(m): 10:03am On May 03, 2020
henryobinna:
mumu country, not like this will stop mass shootings if the individual really wants to kill people, afterall the last guy did not commit the crime with licensed/registered gun. He committed the crime with illegally gotten guns, so I don't know what these leftist politicians are running about for.

If they cam find a way to stop criminals from illegally getting guns then I'll take them seriously
Finally. The assault weapons ban of 1994 had no effect in gun related crime. Hence why it was not renewed.
Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:08am On May 03, 2020
None of u noticed the original reason the man went haywire? grin grin

What kind of arguments with the wife will make a man to carry gun to waste innocent people?

Me I am beginning to fear women and marriage!

Please guys here if you are unfortunate to have an unreasonable wife with a caustic tongue, just pretend to be deaf, when the nagging/insult start, don't make the mistake of allowing the words sink in.

Re: Canada Bans 1,500 Kinds Of Assault Weapon After Mass Shooting That Killed 22 by Nobody: 11:25am On May 03, 2020
JUICYPINEAPPLE:
Living life like wild animals. What is civilization anyway?

www.bbc.com/news/world Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence

Black Babies In The US Are 3x More Likely To Die In Hospital Than White Children / Ghanaian President Vs Kenyan Professor(pictures) / French Police Beat And Drag African Women And There Babies(video)