Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

In The Beginning - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / In The Beginning (248 Views)

The Beginning(poem) By Chukwu Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In The Beginning by Callertunez: 9:30pm On May 02, 2020
In The Beginning
The words were vague; without form, and void.
Emptiness was upon the face of my mind as my thoughts rowed their boats across the waters of my heart.
Vibrating angrily outside was the old generator set of my neighbor. The sound it produced literally obliterated every meaningful word my head managed to form.
It was a time when I felt empty and needed someone to help fill in the void that was gradually drowning me...
I picked up my phone, scrolled through the contact list, stopped at this particular number... But decided against lowering my thumb to touch that green call button.
I did it twice again, the same result I got.
So I decided to just write... 'But how can one so empty, fill in a blank page with words?' I asked me.
I picked up the pen anyway and said 'let there be words' and there were words, as my pen began to scribble down alphabets...
I divided the words. The first; the emptiness of my heart.
The second; the old rickety generator of my neighbor...
The third; a girl I want to tell how much I love but just won't.
And back to the emptiness of my heart.
After I finished writing, I didn't know if to see that *it was good*
Well in the beginning, I created the words on this page in my mind.
The words were without form, and void as emptiness was upon the face of my mind.
A poem
kordzTLB

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning by adefajosekayo(m): 9:40pm On May 02, 2020
wonderful
Re: In The Beginning by Callertunez: 11:32am On May 03, 2020
adefajosekayo:
wonderful
thank you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Colour Me / The Confessor / IT HURTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.