Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

White Man In Town (chapter Forty ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / White Man In Town (chapter Forty ) (282 Views)

The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie / White Man In Town / The Woman Caught Breastfeeding Man In Prison. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Man In Town (chapter Forty ) by DODO005: 10:18pm On May 02, 2020
CHAPTER FORTY

If there was one thing Lizzy loved doing apart from sleeping-then that one thing is shopping. She hardly could describe the joy that always flows through her veils whenever she went on her regular shopping spray. The truth is – Lizzy loved money, just the way she loved spending it. She could storm into a boutique in her spending mood with as much as five hundred thousand naira in her bag and sauntered out later having less than five thousand naira left. All the money now converted into designer perfumes, bespoke shoes, handmade dresses, one- in- town sunglasses and other fancy materialism her scratchy eyes could see. Moreover, to her pleasure she had discovered that the Tinapa had a world-class shopping centre to cater for her shopping addiction.
The Tinapa Shopping Centre presents the inspired and discerning shopper with a spray of product offers from her 54 quality retail outlets and four huge emporia each of which is about 10,000 square meters. Guests usually spend a considerable amount of their free time window shopping and taking in the vast array of displays of excellent brands ranging from designer labels, perfumes, Electronics, Fabrics, Jewelry, Household furniture and Accessories, up to Art and Craft Souvenirs. The Shopping Centre presents a display of opulence and grandeur of the best things money could buy in the world; ranging from bespoke labels, and popular designers, perfumes, fabrics, electronics, jewelry, household furniture, arts and crafts, and various souvenirs for the fancy minds.
It was at this sumptuousness shopping centre during one of her frequented visit that Lizzy gave away their hide out to the EFCC team that evening. Oblivious that the team was already on ground at the Tinapa, and again her failure to heed to the warning from Smoke that they should keep in the shadow until things cool down was some of the major elements that gave them way. She succumbed to her shopping addiction and embarked on a spending spree at the Tinapa shopping centre two days later; and Etim who was on the lookout, noticed her trademark figure and flamboyant shopping style from his obscure position inside the busy shopping Mall. The shock on his face was profound to other shoppers nearby if they had been paying attention to him, but none of them including the flamboyantly dressed Lizzy who was busy on her shopping extravaganza noticed his changed facial composure. He quickly recovered from the unexpected shock of seeing her and calmly sauntered to a far counter where he made a call to Mai-Coins and at the same time had his eyes on her as she continued her shopping spree.

‘’ I have a female Flame on my view and the water is clean in sight.’’ He relayed the coded message to Mai-Coins and quickly explained his location.

‘’ Okay, Keep the water on sight and don’t lose the taste, I am on my way.’’ Mai-Coins instructed from the other end and the line went dead.

Lizzy who was now through with her shopping extravagant smiled at a female cashier as she dropped some enticing naira notes on the counter as a tip and sauntered out of the store. She clutched two filled multi colour shopping bags and headed towards the exit followed by the inconspicuous figure of Etim.

Mai-Coins standing nearby and making a fake phone call beside a tree picked up her seductive figure from afar and equally sighted Etim somewhere behind her in-between two elderly couples and their families. He nodded his approval and made a real call to Etim.
‘’ I am with you, I can see water flowing.’’
‘’ Ok. I can see you now…she is going into the lodge.’’ Etim responded through his cell phone.
‘’ Good, Diza is there…keep to the background; I am looking out to spot a tail behind you. However, keep going and stay out of the lobby.
Lizzy oblivious of what was going on sauntered into the exclusive lobby of the Blue Water Hotel, smiled back at the receptionists on duty, retrieved her room e-card and made her way confidently into one of the elevators amidst the admiring eyes of those around. Victor who was sitting on one of the multi colour sofas inside the lobby sighted her as she made her way elegantly into the reception area with her shopping bags and stared curiously at her as she made her way into the elevator. He grinned and then made a short call to Smoke.
‘’ She is back, she went shopping.’’ He said casually into his phone, oblivious that the beautiful female figure seated on another sofa not too far from him had ears to the ground. He picked up his small frame and made his way into another elevator after pausing to play with one of the female receptionists.
Diza seated with a Vogue magazine over her face noticed everything that transpired silently between them. Her instinct had been alert on first sighting the lively and jovial Victor as he made his way into the lobby. He had made friendly jokes with some of the staff and then dropped his small frame into one of the sofas with direct, but inconspicuous view of the entrance. Her trained mind had quickly alerted her that he was there on a secret lookout for somebody. Hence, she had professionally made herself busy on her ipad and the Vogue magazine, not wanting to give him any room for a friendly conversation. And her suspicious unfolded when their suspect sauntered into the lobby few minutes later, clutching two loaded shopping bags and seduced all eyes with her flamboyant dress and seductive shape. She noticed that the strange guy on the sofa had shrieked back into his seat and secretly stole constant glance at the beautiful female figure who seductively made her way into an elevator. He then made a quick phone call and then dashed into another elevator, oblivious to other eyes around. She paused in her thinking and quickly deliberated the next action to take, since it was obvious that their ‘plan A’ was not going to work as arranged. She finally called Mai-Coins on her mobile and spoke with a soft tone.

‘’ Water inside the well, but there is a leak somewhere.’’ She coded on the phone.

‘’ Ok, is the well dry? Came back the response from Mai-Coins

‘’ No, the well is full right now.’’ She replied and scanned the various group of people around the busy lobby with her eyes.

‘’Ok. Watch out for the flow, while I get someone to fix the leakage. ‘’ Mai-Coins instructed from his position outside, and called Etim who was hanging out nearby.

‘’ Meet me on the way. Walk casually, I will be at the car park.’’

They met few minutes later at the crowded car park and Mai-Coins explained the situation to him. ‘’ Our suspect is inside one of the rooms upstairs, but Diza sported a tail. I don’t have the details right now, all the same we have to abandon plan A and settle for plan C.’’

‘’ And C is to break into her room silently and plant the bugs…’’ Etim responded thoughtfully.

‘’ Yes, since A, we couldn’t crowd her inside the lobby, and plan B is off the marks, we now have a tail who also has interest on her and could be right inside her room at the moment. We don’t know who he is or who they are. However, my guess is, he could be one of them spying on her movement. So we have to be careful on how we approach her room.’’ Mai-Coins explained this in details.

‘’ Yes, I think we should try C, but we are on track.’’ Etim observed.

''Yes, we are, right on tract.’’ Mai-Coins responded with a smile and put a call to Diza.

‘’ I have discussed with the engineer, we have to use plan C. Keep water on track, we will be with you in a moment’’ He coded to her and get set for their plan C.

If only Diza had tried to remember where she had seen the face of the strange guy at the lobby before, her detective mind would have reminded her that she had seen the face on the list of the most wanted criminals in their archives. She did later remember the face, but then it was too late, for Victor had quickly dashed into Smoke’s room on emerging from the elevator. Smoke who was visibly angry, glared angrily at him from the wide window of his room. His bloodshot eyes blazed with a furious rage as he dragged a weed and paced slowly around the room. Not far from him, squatted in sentry positions were his two beasts, their eyes alerted and suspicious at the wary looking Victor.

‘’ Where she dey?’’ He finally demanded, his eyes staring into space.

‘’ She dey her room,’’ Victor responded still afraid to pick a seat. This was not a good time to relax in this room. He cautioned himself and decided to remain standing halfway into the vast room.

‘’ Good, get Skinny and Bull, we dey go visit her.’’ He commanded, dragged his weed and turned back to face the window with his bloodshot eyes.
Victor retreated quietly from the room amidst the vicious eyes of the two unfriendly dogs.
grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am So Sorry Fans / Who Do You See? / Appreciation Corner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.