Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine (769 Views)

Bought Brand New Range Rover Discovery - SOLD / »»» Neat Land Rover Discovery 07 @ N1.9M Negotiable ««« / Cash Needed Urgently!!! Land Rover Discovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by philips007(m): 12:57am On May 03, 2020
What could be the cause of Land Rover discovery II hot engine. Some people said I should use coolant instead of water. Please I need positive comment. Thanks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by jacquincy: 6:51am On May 03, 2020
Ensure the radiator is not clogged and check the polarity of the radiator fan
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by diportivo: 9:34am On May 03, 2020
philips007:
What could be the cause of Land Rover discovery II hot engine. Some people said I should use coolant instead of water. Please I need positive comment. Thanks

how did u ascertain this hotness?

temperature gauge?

is it overheating?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by philips007(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2020
diportivo:

how did u ascertain this hotness?

temperature gauge?

is it overheating?

Not from gauge temperature nor from overheating. The vehicle engine is just extremely hot and hotter when the air conditioner is turned on. Somebody suggested to me to start using coolant instead of water on the engine. Sincerely speaking, am confused. Thanks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by philips007(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2020
jacquincy:
Ensure the radiator is not clogged and check the polarity of the radiator fan

Okay, thanks!
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by diportivo: 9:44am On May 04, 2020
philips007:

Not from gauge temperature nor from overheating. The vehicle engine is just extremely hot and hotter when the air conditioner is turned on. Somebody suggested to me to start using coolant instead of water on the engine. Sincerely speaking, am confused. Thanks

if the car isnt overheating,and the temperature gauge is normal,you shldnt bother

and engine is not designed to be cold......it has to be hot....atleast to its optimum temperature

if ur heat shield is damaged and u r feeling inside the cabin then that's a different issue entirely
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of Land Rover Discovery II Hot Engine by philips007(m): 11:38pm On May 05, 2020
diportivo:

if the car isnt overheating,and the temperature gauge is normal,you shldnt bother

and engine is not designed to be cold......it has to be hot....atleast to its optimum temperature

if ur heat shield is damaged and u r feeling inside the cabin then that's a different issue entirely

My vehicle hood is usually very hot that you can't place your hands on it. Am sure the vehicle hood (bonnet) can bake snacks. I've used Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes etc but the v6 and v8 engines but none of them is like this. I strongly believe it's a fault that needs to be fixed. Am even afraid of driving long distance with the vehicle.

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!! Toks Toyota Camry 2004 4plug With Leather Interior -1.4m / Registered Toyota 4runner 2000model-900k / SOLD!! Used 2012 Toyota Prado VX-R V6. Upgraded To 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.