Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record (365 Views)

Game Of Thrones Actor Max Von Sydow Who Played The 'Three-Eyed Raven' Is Dead / ‘jon Snow,’ Game Of Thrones Actor Kit Harington, Checks Into Rehab / Game Of Thrones Actor Supports Bran/three-eyed Raven Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record by Realyin(m): 6:51am On May 03, 2020
Game of Thrones actor Hafthor Bjornsson has set a world deadlifting record by lifting 501 kg (1,104 lbs).

Bjornsson, a powerlifter who portrayed Ser Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane in the HBO series, broke the record at his gym in his native Iceland.

He lifted the barbell for two seconds, before dropping the weights and roaring in delight.

The event was streamed by sports broadcaster ESPN and filmed for Bjornsson's YouTube channel.

Bjornsson, who is 2.05m tall (6ft 9in), previously won the World's Strongest Man competition in 2018.

Speaking in a "behind-the-scenes" video posted on YouTube, Bjornsson said: "I'm extremely proud, you know. I'm extremely happy.

"It's great - there's nothing better than proving people wrong. So many people didn't believe in me, so many people that said, '501 kg is never going to go up'... But I also had a lot of support."

He added: "I feel healthy, I feel good. I'm just absolutely speechless, even though I'm talking a lot now. But I'm excited, super excited - this is huge for me."

The record was previously held by Eddie Hall, a British man who in 2016 became the first man to lift 500 kg.

Re: Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record by Enoch07: 6:53am On May 03, 2020
"the mountain" your death for g.o.t no sweet me at all
Re: Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record by Realyin(m): 7:21am On May 03, 2020
Enoch07:
"the mountain" your death for g.o.t no sweet me at all

����������������
Re: Hafthor Bjornsson: Game Of Thrones Actor Breaks 501kg Deadlift Record by meobizy(f): 8:26am On May 03, 2020
I love how the human body keeps getting stronger as the years pass. It’s a one kilogram addition to Eddie’s record and held for a shorter time, but this shows humans can add more strength than previously imagined. If I could lift half of that for a fraction of a second I will hold my head high.

(1) (Reply)

Utricle Studios Set To Release Nigeria's First Full-length 3D Animation Movie. / Movie: Attraction (2017) – Hollywood / BBNAIJA Update: Am No Longer Interested In Erica, Kiddwaya Tells Prince.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.