Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ (27060 Views)

Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by MrPRevailer(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2020
Jokerman:

This is a wrong teaching bro... The Bible specifically states that the saints will be around when the Antichrist is around.

There is no Bible verse to support your theory... Look at what the prophet Daniel said:

Daniel 7:20-22 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Daniel 12:1-3 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

There will be saints after the rapture. The left behind, lukewarm, compromising believers will finally WAKEUP TO RIGHTEOUSNESS. They will fear for what is going to happen to them and brace themselves in Christ Jesus.
In the parable of the 10virgins, 5 were prepared, 5 were unprepared. They are all virgins. The unprepared will pass through the great tribulation.

Read Revelations 13:8. You will see that the Great tribulation is not a time of Preparation. It is a time of SEPERATION of sheep and goats. Those who take the mark are the goats. Those who refuse till death are the sheep.

Jesus gave many instance of the time of Preparation. E.g in an open field, one will be taken, the other left etc.

In the Antichrist time, it is take or die. And no fleeing christian will be working in an open field, or grinding a mill, But hiding.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by MrPRevailer(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2020
Therapyken:
The concept of The Great Tribulation, antichrist, are greatly misrepresented by many, especially Christendom. The word "rapture" is not even found in the Bible.

The terminology was coined to name the description of 1 Thess 4:15-18, 1 Cor 15:51-55

Same thing with TRINITY. It's a terminology that was coined to describe the nature of the God written in 1 John 5:7, John 8:42, John 16:27, John 15:26
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by MrPRevailer(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2020
PhantomXcess:
Terribly flawed teaching!

There was NEVER supposed to be religion. And to God, religion still doesn't EXIST!

James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by MrPRevailer(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

The truth about life is that our minds and made to believe what we wanna believe in respective of what we are thought or heard, so leave all this go and read this or that. Peace

Only a lazy man will take that from you.

Knowledge is power is my shortest answer to you.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by escapethecage: 11:21pm On May 03, 2020
There are lots of tribulations before and after rapture. The tribulation after rapture is for all sinners including the antichrist. It is a kind of the Egyptian plague that affected all including their king. The man of sin, the antichrist, sitting in the house of God changing times and laws, who is responsible for the great tribulation of god's people is to emerge after the 12 apostles have died, and he is to alter the church order. After he has finished killing and tormenting Christians for the period of 1260 years the church will fully recover and carry out the last evangelism, which is a very brief one, then rapture will take place.

The world itself will have chains of troubles from 70 CE till Christ returns to rule the world. What we are waiting for now is the recovery of the church that has been delayed by the the SOLE PASTORS OF THOUSANDS. The sole pastors of thousands are the last mutations of the tormentor who stood for 1260 years. The antichrist is already with us, he has finished the great tribulation torment, what his army (THE SOLE PASTORS OF THOUSANDS) is doing now is to delay the last evangelism by locking up God's people in prisons of lies which includes the false notion that great tribulation is after rapture. Search nairaland for more about the SOLE PASTORS OF THOUSANDS.

One false teacher here is saying that great tribulation that God's people have not experienced From the days of Abraham to 33 CE is only for 7 years. What a narrow minded reasoning! Isrealites were in the Egyptian torment for 430 years, in Babylonian torment for 70 years. How can 7 years be a great abandonment. Great tribulation means great abandonment of God's people. When God abandoned His people in Babylon we have Daniel and others suffering with them. The falling away noted by scripture which eventually happened after the apostles were gone, brought about God's abandonment. Don't be fooled Great tribulation has past, The next is Great evangelism before rapture. but sinners will live in fear of the terrible things that will continue to shock this world.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Therapyken(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:

The terminology was coined to name the description of 1 Thess 4:15-18, 1 Cor 15:51-55

Same thing with TRINITY. It's a terminology that was coined to describe the nature of the God written in 1 John 5:7, John 8:42, John 16:27, John 15:26
what is discribed and understood as rapture by those who use the word is not consistent with the intent of the scriptures which you mentioned. Also the concept of 'trinity' does not describe the nature of God. It is also not consistent with the scriptures which you referenced and It in fact obscures the true nature of God.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Luchiana1(f): 12:45am On May 04, 2020
Watch this! *LET GO! "*
*This short film reveals the Secret to Overcoming Addiction and the relevance of Forgiveness*
I bring to you, from the table of Omegavisionfilms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rjtfa-HSxY
Pls show gratitude by Subscribing. *Adventure of The Prayer Walker 8*
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by chaloskyx: 1:01am On May 04, 2020
you are here shouting about second coming while your G.Os are all mute and more concerned about their well being we haven't heard any end time prophesies from oyedepo, adeboye, bakare chris okotie, ashimolowo adefarasin and co you are there running around the place carrying what does not exist on your head you better sit at home and worry about your well being and health like other men of God are. the pastors that over the years and countless millennia have been talking about the second coming during sermons all of a sudden they have forgotten about that even with things happening around it shows that what we are dealing with is a virus nothing more.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by paxonel(m): 2:03am On May 04, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Finally 2nd thes 2v7 ...what is Paul referring to as “resisting”the lawless one... until that which is resisting him is taken, the lawless one won’t come..... taken here meaning rapture...
no!
It does not mean rapture.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work : only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

That is, only he who refuses to believe will disbelief until he is condemned.
So, the mystery of iniquity here refers to death or condemnation as a result of the individual refusing to believe in Christ, remember Adam and Eve sinned and death came to the world but Christ has come to restore life back to mankind such that as many who believed in him are saved from that death(the second death after judgement). John 3:16.
And whosever does not believe in him is condemned already. (the second death) John 3:18

2 the 2:3 mentioned FALLING AWAY which also means death(the first death that we often see or hear, not the final everlasting condemnation).

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

That first death reveals the man of sin or perdition in that, when we see a man dead, we know it happens because Adam and Eve sinned. This must happen first before the day of the Lord which is judgement. It is appointed once for men to die, after that judgement.

This is another scripture pple use to back doctrine of rapture.... that the lawless one can’t thrive during the church...
If u don’t believe it’s the church that will be taken b4 the lawless one is fully reveled....
I believe every scripture should not be read in isolation, when you relate scriptures with other scriptures you will see the truth.
So far, there is nothing rapture in these scriptures except they want to keep reading them in isolation.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Pelecius: 5:54am On May 04, 2020
PhantomXcess:

Thank you.

And no, I have never heard of or visited creation.com. What is the site about?
I would love that you visit the site. It is a great site with well seasoned information about creation. The writers/speakers are mostly PhD scientists and Bible scholars who are committed to the proclamation of the Gospel by providing credible answers that affirm the reliability of the Bible, in particular its Genesis history. Though they mostly avoid Bible Eschatology (end times and its interpretation), saying it's beyond the scope of their ministry

You can start from from their 'About us' section to get to know who they are, what they believe and so on. I'm sure you'll be blessed with their materials.

Peace

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 7:17am On May 04, 2020
Nephilim:
Read Revelation 12 with understanding.
Verse 5, the child that was caught up, that's the rapture of those that are asleep in christ and those that are ready for his appearance filled with his spirit.

You are very wrong. That child is Jesus Christ who will rule the world with a iron rod.

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV)
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 7:22am On May 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:

There will be saints after the rapture. The left behind, lukewarm, compromising believers will finally WAKEUP TO RIGHTEOUSNESS. They will fear for what is going to happen to them and brace themselves in Christ Jesus.
In the parable of the 10virgins, 5 were prepared, 5 were unprepared. They are all virgins. The unprepared will pass through the great tribulation.

Read Revelations 13:8. You will see that the Great tribulation is not a time of Preparation. It is a time of SEPERATION of sheep and goats. Those who take the mark are the goats. Those who refuse till death are the sheep.

Jesus gave many instance of the time of Preparation. E.g in an open field, one will be taken, the other left etc.

In the Antichrist time, it is take or die. And no fleeing christian will be working in an open field, or grinding a mill, But hiding.

Very wrong. There is nothing like lukewarm. Christian to God. If you are lukewarm, he will spot you out.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

So, anybody he rejects is rejected for life.

As for the parable of the Ten virgins which you try to use to illustrate your point to say there will be saints left on Earth after your version of rapture; Kindly show me where Jesus later accepted the five virgins who had no lamp? Kindly show me so I can see that Jesus will later accept the "saints" left behind. grin
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by oluwaahmed: 8:43am On May 04, 2020
paxonel:
you have no basis of asking that kinda question seeing that i backed up everything is said with scriptures which i stand to be corrected.

What is wrong in being a gnostic Christian?
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:28am On May 04, 2020
Nephilim:
thank you for this! You have knowledge. I remember the dream of rapture I heard, 7 minutes of darkness from the south cover the earth and at the eight minute light from the east dispels it and light up the world brilliantly. Also another dream where angels came and gather us away from earth even as dark clouds were about to be poured on earth.
Thats Exactly how it's goona be! In the Midst of Darkness , hopelessness and Confusion in the World, JESUS Appears and takes his People off!

May we Accounted Worthy to Escape the Destruction coming on the Earth in JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Nephilim: 9:31am On May 04, 2020
Chosen1984:
Thats Exactly how it's goons be! In the Midst of Darkness , hopelessness and Confusion in the World, JESUS Appears and takes his People off!

May we Accounted Worthy to Escape the Destruction coming on the Earth in JESUS NAME
Amen and Amenn

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Nephilim: 9:42am On May 04, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You are very wrong. That child is Jesus Christ who will rule the world with a iron rod.

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV)
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
No it is not Jesus! The child represents the Saints of God that were raptured and will rule the earth. The kingdom of this world is given to the saints of God to rule. Yes Jesus will be our Supreme and that's why he's called The King of kings and Lord of Lord's. The description in Revelations 12 is not literally, it depicts a whole lot of thing, even the verse one itself says it, "Now a great 'SIGN' appears in Heaven". what is a sign? A symbol, use to illustrate something . Now compare when Michael and his angels fought in Revelation 12 with Daniel 12 when Michael stood up to fight the devil, there was a great tribulation that follows, but in Revelation 12 we can see what preceded the "standing of Michael and his Angels to fighting the devil" which brought about the great tribulation, and that was rapture.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by MrPRevailer(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2020
Therapyken:
what is discribed and understood as rapture by those who use the word is not consistent with the intent of the scriptures which you mentioned. Also the concept of 'trinity' does not describe the nature of God. It is also not consistent with the scriptures which you referenced and It in fact obscures the true nature of God.

In your own words, what is the meaning of the Rapture of saints?

I doubt you read the scripture I gave but I want to pose this question to you..
* Is Human-being a Trinity?
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:15am On May 04, 2020
I will strictly advise you guys to read the link below, it's a revelation given to someone about the end time which will start with a blast of trumpet. Please read and understand, I've done my own part. Repent and be saved, Jesus is coming soon, rapture will soon happen.

https://www.nairaland.com/4089914/coming-tribulation-earth-ken-peters
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by Therapyken(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:

In your own words, what is the meaning of the Rapture of saints?

I doubt you read the scripture I gave but I want to pose this question to you..
* Is Human-being a Trinity?
On 'the rapture of saints' navigate: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015523#h=14:0-14:578 On whether God is part of a trinity navigate: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989307 on if the human being is a trinity navigate: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1968641 I invite you to read the articles on the questions you raised. I will be happy to discuss with you any further questions you may have on these or other subjects.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by paxonel(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2020
oluwaahmed:

What is wrong in being a gnostic Christian?
I don't say anything is wrong with, the question isn't necessary
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by ServantsOfTruth: 3:03am On May 05, 2020
Please can you explain this

Another thing you should also consider is that Anti-christ won't rule China, Russia and a few other nations. All these and more are well captured in the Bible.
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by ServantsOfTruth: 6:51am On May 05, 2020
Bro please go and study the bible very well ok
Re: COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ by ServantsOfTruth: 12:06pm On May 05, 2020
You are on pint bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rev. Father Cyriacus Onunkwo Buried In Imo (Photos) / Helen Oritsejafor Celebrates Her Husband On His Birthday. PICS / Man Accuses Rev Father Edeh Of Locking Him Up After Asking For His Wages. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.