Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Why Am I Serving God? Why Am I Following Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Serving God? Why Am I Following Jesus? (186 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / 3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Serving God? Why Am I Following Jesus? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 03, 2020
This is a Pertinent Question we all need to ask ourselves..

The Bible says in Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many PEOPLE today Do not Serve GOD because of who HE is, instead they Serve GOD because of what they want or because of what the World has thrown at them..

While some Serve GOD because they want to be Rich , others Follow GOD because they want Favor, Husband, wife,children, properties etc

Now there is nothing wrong in having these things but having your Foundation on Following JESUS because of these things is not a good Foundation. You could be Easily swept away when you don't see them .

Our Reason for Following should not just be for the Material things of life and all that. This is a very Faulty Foundation..

When you come to the Understanding that GOD is your Creator and you are Made to Give Him pleasure irrespective of Whatever situation, that is the Right Foundation Revelation 4:11. You Love, Serve and Follow JESUS CHRIST, not because of what you want but because you Love Him. The Material things will become secondary to you.. All you will be Concerned with is Seeking The kingdom of GOD and His Righteousness Matthew 6:33

Then Whatever Gives GOD Pleasure will be uttermost in you. You will not be ashamed to tell others about JESUS. Infact your life will mean little or nothing to you. You will be willing to do anything for the Name of JESUS even if it's gonna Cost your Life.

That should be the Real purpose for Serving GOD..

(1) (Reply)

75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol / Should Churches Remain On Lock Down Or Not? / Save A Life From Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.