Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Should I Still Teach In A Private School After Covid 19 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Still Teach In A Private School After Covid 19 (285 Views)

Private School Vs SFH Contract Offer / How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown / Reasons To Start A Private School Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Still Teach In A Private School After Covid 19 by naijacartoon: 3:55pm On May 03, 2020
To whom it may concern

This COVID-19 period really came as a blessing in disguise to us who are teachers, especially private teachers. Why am saying this is because it has open our eyes or your eyes to the realities of teaching and to make you rethink on statements like my reward is in heaven, do it for God and all the likes.

Now, you can truly look inward and believe me, that carrot you receive called salary does not compliment to the donkey role you are playing. Ask your self how long will I teach to build a house, get married, go for vacation, get cars, invest, trained my children, take care of others and the rest?

Let me not sound too futuristic, ok now that am teaching, can my salary put me food three times per day, recharge my phone, take care of me when am sick and pay my house rent?

Don't you notice that each time you buy a new cloth, your fellow teachers and students will notice it and you become a news.

Let me pause here and cheer you up, you know as a teacher, you are valued during waec,neco,jamb etc but after that what happen next is usually a tale.

One advice please is that none of your students will love to be a teacher and no parents wishes same for his or her child, so any one of us who are graduate turn teacher is a bended crayfish.

Well, am a graduate and a teacher too and I know what it means during this period, I know what it means like when you are not paid your due stipends and the rules of the game but am surviving and helping other teachers my close friends o in my network. Infact we had our own palliative without waiting for the school admin and as am talking to you, no news about salary.

Life will never be the same again after this period and I can tell you with certainty that so many things will change including you but are you ready for this change?

To end this sermon of whatever you want to call it, we can have a better life after this COVID-19 period. How? Let me guide you on how to escape from this puppet life of teaching. I am into ICT and many more and for a limited number of fellow teachers, I will be conducting free hangout session via WhatsApp and there will also be training and empowerment workshop with a goal to change the table in 6 months. This WhatsApp group is not for birthday wish or motivation statements or forwarded messages but will be a a meeting place for teachers who wants to get the map to their new destination after this COVID-19. Interested teachers should send a WhatsApp message to zero nine zero six three one two six two six nine and I will add them to the training group and we will take action in ending our foul cry.

Please when sending me message on WhatsApp do use the line" add me for business training"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Get Paid / Difference Between Content Writing And Copywriting / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.