Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal (975 Views)

Margaret Loughrey Who Said £27million Win Destroyed Her Life Found Dead (Pix) / Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants / Equatorial Guinea Where Father And Son Are President And Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by YungMillionaire: 5:40pm On May 03, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by BigTableShaker(f): 5:41pm On May 03, 2020
Igbo amaka.
Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by willyo(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
Wake me up if it hits FP
Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by franksam2009: 6:52pm On May 03, 2020
grin
Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by Susu888(m): 9:01pm On May 03, 2020
You won't see news like this one making headlines around the world or in Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by TMKsouth: 9:13pm On May 03, 2020
Susu888:
You won't see news like this one making headlines around the world or in Africa.

This story was big in Southern Africa back in 2004. I remember it well coz I was beginning my varsity years.

Mark Thatcher was operating from Cape Town. The South Africans tipped off the Zimbabweans to arrest the mercenaries en route to Eq. Guinea.

The South Africans then arrested Mark. This article was by The New York Post.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by Susu888(m): 10:05pm On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

This story was big in Southern Africa back in 2004. I remember it well coz I was beginning my varsity years.

Mark Thatcher was operating from Cape Town. The South Africans tipped off the Zimbabweans to arrest the mercenaries en route to Eq. Guinea.

The South Africans then arrested Mark. This article was by The New York Post.

Thanks... I thought this news is recent grin so how then was the world quite when his mother was elected prime minister for UK. Dirty secrets like these tend to show at time like that.
Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by TMKsouth: 10:10pm On May 03, 2020
Susu888:

Thanks... I thought this news is recent grin so how then was the world quite when his mother was elected prime minister for UK. Dirty secrets like these tend to show at time like that.

Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister in the 80s. This happened in the early 2000s.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by Susu888(m): 11:33pm On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister in the 80s. This happened in the early 2000s.

My apologies bros ... no mind me sha! U suppose no reply lipsrsealed

Dis dealer no do me good thing.... if i catch that guy..

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by TMKsouth: 11:36pm On May 03, 2020
Susu888:

My apologies bros ... no mind me sha! U suppose no reply lipsrsealed

Dis dealer no do me good thing.... if i catch that guy..
Lol grin grin
Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by Nobody: 10:57am On May 04, 2020
What civil war He did not try to "start a civil war".

Rather what he actually did was hire a couple of mercenaries to help him overthrow the Nguema-led government of Equatorial Guinea.
The mercenaries were led by an ex-SAS officer called Simon Mann.

Let's set the records straight here. The idea behind the "Wonga Coup" wasn't to "start a war" but simply to overthrow the government of that country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Margaret Thatcher's Son Tried To Start A Civil War In Equatorial Guinea To Steal by SavageResponse(m): 11:49pm On May 17, 2021
mansakhalifa:
What civil war He did not try to "start a civil war".

Rather what he actually did was hire a couple of mercenaries to help him overthrow the Nguema-led government of Equatorial Guinea.
The mercenaries were led by an ex-SAS officer called Simon Mann.

Let's set the records straight here. The idea behind the "Wonga Coup" wasn't to "start a war" but simply to overthrow the government of that country.

Has Thatcher son been released or is he still serving a jail term?

(1) (Reply)

US Election In Numbers / Right Wing Israelis Celebrate Burning If Al-aqsa Mosque / Russia Lose Another Major General In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.