Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off (673 Views)

CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days / Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks / Banks Suspend Twitter Support For Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by Omooba77: 6:40pm On May 03, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria and the banks in the country have agreed to shelf the planned sack of workers in the banking sector as a result of the pandemic.

This was contained in a statement on Sunday by the apex bank’s Director, Corporate Communications, Isaac Okorafor.

The statement read, “A special meeting of the Bankers’ Committee was convened on May 2, 2020, to further review the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Nigerian banking industry. The Committee particularly deliberated on the issue of the operating costs of banks in view of the disruptions emanating from the global economic difficulties and decided as follows:

“In order to help minimize and mitigate the negative impact of the COVID19 pandemic on families and livelihoods, no bank in Nigeria shall retrench or lay-off any staff of any cadre (including full-time and part-time).

“To give effect to the above measure, the express approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria shall be required in the event that it becomes absolutely necessary to lay-off any such staff.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria solicits the support of all in our collective effort to weather through the economic challenges occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-cbn-banks-suspend-staff-lay-off/
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by obi4eze(m): 6:44pm On May 03, 2020
What about the one Access has already done?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by Jokerman(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2020
Access bank should be forced to recall sacked ones even if they reduce thier salaries

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by phelonrays: 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
Good move

Jokerman:
Access bank should be forced to recall sacked ones even if they reduce thier salaries

Kpaaaam

#BlackIsAfrica'sPride

Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 03, 2020
Naija which way na??

Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2020
Very good
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by sarrki(m): 6:55pm On May 03, 2020
God I say Thank you

Am so happy

I feel for the relatives especially the children of those that would have been affected
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by festacman(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2020
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by Shezkid01(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2020
No matter the job you’re doing in this Nigeria
You can be sack at anytime

I just Dey wonder how life be for England
Chelsea sack conte them still pay him cuz dem get agreement.. pay him 1 yr off without doing any work

God I want to stay far away from Nigeria ��
I no mind if na germany or usa
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by lagdmark(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2020
Shezkid01:
No matter the job you’re doing in this Nigeria
You can be sack at anytime

I just Dey wonder how life be for England
Chelsea sack conte them still pay him cuz dem get agreement.. pay him 1 yr off without doing any work

God I want to stay far away from Nigeria ��
I no mind if na germany or usa
What of Yemen and Afghanistan or Bangladesh is good enough
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by ebuk4real(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2020
tongue

Confusion everywhere.

Before now, it was Access bank laid off staff. Now, a meeting was held to suspend any laying off of staff. So, who do we believe now?

Nija matter sabi run belle o angry
Re: BREAKING: CBN, Banks Suspend Staff Lay-off by Mynd44: 7:17pm On May 03, 2020

(1)

Mudslinging About VP Osinbajo / Edo 2020: The Game Is Over For Obaseki / Meet Imam Dikko, The Islamic Cleric Behind Mali's Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.