Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me (267 Views)

Vote For A President That Will Sustain The Legacies Of Buhari – Shettima (Video) / Xmas Message: Vote For Who Will Sustain My Legacy, Buhari Urges Nigerians / Oshiomhole Updates President Buhari, Says God Will See Him Through (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by TonyRazor(m): 9:32am On May 04, 2020
TonyRazor
I can starve to end COVID-19, says NYSC member, donates "Allawee" to Anambra

A corps member serving in Anambra State, Ifere Samuel, on Thursday, donated his April allowance to the state government in support of the fight against coronavirus pandemic.

The corps member, a graduate of Sociology from Ebonyi state University, said he was inspired by federal lawmakers' donation of their monthly allowances towards fighting the scourge.

Presenting the cash donation to the Commissioner for Youth Empowerment and Creative Economy, Afam Mbanefo, Ifere said he was not bothered about how he would cope in the coming month, as God had always been his sustainance.

He said, "My inspiration came from the day I read that federal lawmakers were donating half of their salaries to the Nigerian government in support of the fight against coronavirus.

"From then, I've been wishing if I have the means to do like them, but it came to me that I can start with the little I have. So I decided to donate my April allowance to Anambra State government to support the fight.

"I've been coping and I know that God is there. It's not the federal allowance that sustains me. It's God's mercy. So I know I'll cope."

Similarly, corps members serving in Dunukofia and Aguata Local Government Areas had made a presentation of sanitizers, handwash and 1,500 facemasks to the state government.

The State Coordinator National Youth Service Corps, Kehinde Aremu said the donation was in recognition of the hospitality of the state to them which they felt was worth appreciating.

Responding, Mbanefo appreciated the corps members, saying the donation was a demonstration that collaboration of the scheme and the state was being valued and appreciated.

Re: COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by SeverusSnape(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2020
He's not serious.

Better to buy some stuff and share to a few people, His 'Allawee' might be looted.
This is Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by bigiyaro(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2020
how can a normal human being think that pouring a spoon of water in the ocean, help that ocean?
Re: COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by rtdCivilservant: 10:09am On May 04, 2020
No mind the guy, he de find make the government (especially the state) locate am with employment. Sense no go kill the guy.
Re: COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by donbachi(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2020
No oo..ur reward is in heaven
Re: COVID-19:Corp member Donates "Allawee" To Anambra govt,says God will sustain me by Sunshineg5(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2020
Good intention

However, it is like dropping a drop of water in a very big basket.

He should have used the money to buy food for the poor within his community.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Osun Government Arrests 27 Illegal Miners / You Lied Against Osinbajo, BMO Tell PDP / KOGI GUBER ELECTION: Bello, Wada To Know Fate Soon As Tribunal Set For Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.