Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

10 Essential Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Essential Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop (577 Views)

Essential Things To Consider When Choosing A Motherboard / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Essential Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop by SOCCERBLAST: 10:44am On May 04, 2020
I know you're excited right now, you are about to get a new laptop, maybe for your academics, work or just for fun. I guarantee you I'm excited for you too.
But before you get carried way by the euphoria of getting a new laptop, it is very imperative we take you through what you should check out so you don't end up purchasing what you will regret. I'll be very detailed as possible.
Here are 10 top things you should consider before and when buying a new laptop.

1. Size
When it comes to laptops, size matters.
Depending on what you plan to be doing with your next laptop, you’ll want to make sure you pick the size that’s the right fit for you. Size isn’t like the RAM or ROM of a laptop, you can’t upgrade it later. You’re locked into whatever you select up-front, so choose wisely.
Laptops sizes tend to start at 11.6-inches and go all the way up to 17.3 inches. Most brands and OEMS like HP, Dell, ASUS and Acer tend to offer three display sizes - 13.3-inch, 15.6-inch and 17.3-inches. However, some vendors do sell laptops that fall outside these sizes including 11.6-inches, 12.5-inches and 14-inches.
Obviously, if portability is your priority, you’ll want to go for a smaller sized Windows laptop. They tend to be thinner and lighter than their larger counterparts. Look for laptops that have a screen that is either 12.5-inches or 13.3-inches in size, and a weight between 1kg and 1.5kgs.
However, keep in mind that smaller-sized 13.3-inch machines often don’t support the same high-end Intel Core i7 CPUs or discrete graphics cards you’ll be able to find in their 15.6-inch counterparts. Most of the time, they’ll also feature a less-robust selection of ports. If the kind of work you intend to be using your new laptop for requires a larger display or standalone graphics power, you’ll probably need to look at a larger size.
The most important thing to consider here when looking for the best laptop you can buy is that you think about what you’re going to need that laptop to do. It’s rarely ever a case of one size fits all. Some users need something lighter and more portable. Other users need discrete graphics for things like video editing or running high end games. If you need a PC with an optical drive or long battery life, you’ll almost certainly have to look for something larger.

SEE ALL HERE>>>>https://www.ayobaexpress.com/2020/05/10-essential-things-to-consider-when.html

Next up, be sure to look at the resolution on any laptop you’re thinking of buying. A 1920x1080-pixel resolution (Full HD) should be considered if you want plenty of space to line up windows and keep things in view.
Select modern laptops also now offer 4K resolutions. However, these high-end display panels are generally a costly add-on to an already-expensive product. They're only really going to be worth it for those who really need them, like content creation professionals.

SEE ALL HERE>>>> https://www.ayobaexpress.com/2020/05/10-essential-things-to-consider-when.html

Re: 10 Essential Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop by dangoteinlaw: 10:48am On May 04, 2020
Na so!!work has resumed and these lazy blogers have come again , i see alot of threads being created with less than 4 viewers la click la bend things again. Op receive sense IJN

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dell G3 512 NVME SSD, Gtx 1660ti Max-q Core I5 9th Gen SOLD!!!!! / Immediate Laptop Deals- Rush In NOW!!! / Extremely Flat Asus Corei5 128gb Ssd 4gb Ram For 75k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.