Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,075 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa (2719 Views)

My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 04, 2020
A Nigerian man has revealed why he didn't marry his ex-girlfriend even after meeting her family.

According to the Nigerian man, so many ladies are unmarried because of their upbringing. He stated that his decision not to marry the lady who works in one of the leading banks in the country, centered on how her father was treated.

@stazingar further alleged that the lady's mother who insisted on taking the place of her father, was more interested in his own bank account and how he will assist the family with their building project.

He tweeted;

Girls grow up to treat their husbands the same way their mothers treated their fathers. That’s was why I didn’t marry my ex in 2012. Smart girl. Works with one of the leading banks in Nigeria. Slim-thick, chocolate, tall and strong muscular legs, Just how I like it

We were destined for the alter until I decided to see her parents. We drove to her parents house in the villa. Coming into the compound I noticed a semi-paralyzed man at the corner of the house with sadness all over him. No one paid attention to him and his clothes were dirty.

I felt he was a madman or something but was distracted by my girl’s mum and siblings circling around me with salutations. We got into the house and as a solid Igbo guy, I brought one carton of omega schnapps for the father like tradition dictates.

On asking for the father to present the drink, I was told dismissively that he was the man outside and the mum wanted to accept the drink on his behalf. I was shocked! What?? I asked my babe and she said it was a long story. I ignored her and went to the man.

Introduced myself and gave him my present. When the man told me his story, I wept. Brethren, pray that you marry a good wife. To cut long story short, I confronted the woman and she was more interested in my bank account and how I will assist with their building project.

Suddenly some of my babe’s aggressive behaviors begins to make sense. Then we grew apart cos I refused to do whatever the mother says. Ladies, don’t let your toxic mum lead you astray. So many ladies are unmarried because of their upbringing. My two cents!

https://www.rapidgist.com/twitter-stories-nigerian-man-reveals-why-he-didnt-marry-his-ex-girlfriend-after-meeting-her-family/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by NwaNimo1(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2020
Na wa ohh...
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Wayne4uall(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Vision4God: 1:31pm On May 04, 2020
Sorry about your experience.
That's y the Bible says "train up a child in the way he should go so when they grow, they wouldn't depart from it"

The problem here is "Value System".
Don't want to write much.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by delugajackson: 1:34pm On May 04, 2020
That guy dodged a missile.

Too bad, many of such families abound in our society today. Once you indicate interest in their daughter, you automatically become their mugu-money-spender. It's either you are setting up her siblings with business, sending them to school or taking part in one family project or the other. Some even demand you renovate their house, as if you are the cause of their poverty.

Sometimes you'd wonder if you made a mistake by proposing to their daughter in the first place. As a guy, once you meet such greedy, entitled family, best is to run as if you've met Corona face to face. Chances are that its the same greedy, entitled behavior that is inherent in their daughter. A snake cannot give birth to a rabbit.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Romanoff(f): 1:38pm On May 04, 2020
Eye opening post.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by cassidy1996(m): 1:44pm On May 04, 2020
hmmmm...
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Powerintoxicate: 1:45pm On May 04, 2020
Most Nigerian women only use men to train their kids till the kids are grown and start working. As soon as that's done the mother will poison the minds of the kids against the fathers and they'll abandon him. That's standard practice with Nigerian women

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by dulux07(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2020
True talk tho.
But i don't understand why people mostly see marriage as a reward for ladies with good upbringing or good character.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nigerianization(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2020
I quarrel a lot with my cousin sister that disrespects her dad because he doesn't contribute to the family's upkeep and I will not stop telling her that she can NEVER be a good wife because of how she treats her father.

He is not the head of the home because of his ability to provide for the family, he is the head because GOD ordained him to be.

I was beginning to get attached to a girl of late until she bragged to me about how she doesn't take shit from anybody and how she nearly slapped her dad last week.

I just reconfigured my mind to stop whatever it is I was feeling for her

She is complaining that I don't call her these days like I used to and the bad character I have is that I will never tell her what the problem is.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by SocialJustice: 1:56pm On May 04, 2020
dulux07:
True talk tho.
But i don't understand why people mostly see marriage as a reward for ladies with good upbringing or good character.
Marriage is not a reward for good upbringing but the upbringing of a girl guarantees a marriage that will succeed or fail. No one will see a bad woman and still proceed.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Flyingngel(m): 1:58pm On May 04, 2020
80% of a lady behavior is the replica of her mother.
If peradventure you meet a wonderful mother and above average Lady, don't hesitate to put a ring on her finger cos a good mother always act as a police for her daughter.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by SocialJustice: 2:00pm On May 04, 2020
Nigerianization:
I quarrel a lot

She is complaining that I don't call her these days like I used to and the bad character I have is that I will never tell her what the problem is.
You should learn to speak, making your spouse guess all the time is frustrating and you will soon lose a good girl, that's if you haven't already. I'm not referring to the girl in your post, she's just a toxic person that should be looking for a man that enjoys being bullied.

Learn to speak where there's issue in your relationship, that's how people stay together for long.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Yobabad: 2:03pm On May 04, 2020
I have seen a similar situation, but my guy didn't notice it earlier so he married the girl , boom the girl started all manner of behivour , today she fight my guy tomorrow she fight there neighbor or his family members, so one day my friend traveled to Lagos on a business trip before he comes back the girl have packed all the valuable in house and letf with their one year old daughter, meanwhile she is two months pregnant. My guy started beging her and the mother so as to settle the refused, my guy sister beg the girl to go and see the guys own mother and explain things to her , she refused, later later my guy back to village and took some elders to and make peace, when the reach the girls family didn't even allow their father in, the mother and children were the only ones inside the room and the refused all entraties from my guys people, and the girl was still showing her real self even in the present of the people, she want inside their bedroom and brought baby girl drop on table and said take ur child am not marying again, marriage is not by force, stupid man , stupid people. O boy na so my guy and his people take live that night. Last last when they reliase that my guy does not show any interest again the started beging, but waitin finally spoil show be say the girl don commot Belle, na so my guy go take marry another girl and the living fine now with two children.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 04, 2020
Smart dude just dodged a high caliber bullet.
Most ladies especially first daughters take after their mums so the possibility that his ex girlfriend would've turned bad as her mum was high.

Before taking a girl to the alter, it's important to take out some time to study her mum and how she relates with her dad because her daughter will most likely not relate with differently.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by dulux07(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
Marriage is not a reward for good upbringing but the upbringing of a girl guarantees a marriage that will succeed or fail. No one will see a bad woman and still proceed.
The upbringing of "both parties" guarantees a marriage that will succeed or fail. Just because a lady is a divorcee doesn't mean she has bad upbringing or bad attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Kamani8: 2:06pm On May 04, 2020
dulux07:

The upbringing of "both parties" guarantees a marriage that will succeed or fail. Just because a lady is a divorcee doesn't mean she has bad upbringing or bad attitude.

Well said.
Men have the same kind of influence(positive or negative) on their sons.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Kamani8: 2:08pm On May 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
80% of a lady behavior is the replica of her mother.
If peradventure you meet a wonderful mother and above average Lady, don't hesitate to put a ring on her finger cos a good mother always act as a police for her daughter.

Makes sense cos u can't give what you don't have. Same goes for men. Men that treat their wives like trash raise sons that do the same.
Check wife beaters. Their sons end up beating their wives too
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by SocialJustice: 2:15pm On May 04, 2020
dulux07:

Yes, the upbringing of both parties. I don't judge people whether they are divorced or not. Life is crazy, we just try to minise risk.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Flyingngel(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2020
Kamani8 post:

Makes sense cos u can't give what you don't have. Same goes for men. Men that treat their wives like trash raise sons that do the same.
Check wife beaters. Their sons end up beating their wives too.

Exactly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 04, 2020
Awesome! Awesome!

Something for both the Male and females to learn
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 04, 2020
witch craft

The spirit that made overlook Adam's authority and consult the serpent.
The danger is limitless

Same spirit entered Sarah and she manipulated Abraham to sleep with hagar.
The danger is what we are facing globally

Same spirit cost Samson his strength, Cost solomon his throne, cut John the Baptists head, tried to kill Elijah.

Is still taunting men in our generation

Sorry for the long note. Reminds me of one former wealthy igbo man in kaduna. I worked with his neighbor before. The neighbor told me this man was so rich before until his wife crumbled him. He bought anything she wanted, he spent and spent until he lost his job and she kept eating his savings.
I mean excess spending. After the money finished, she started disrespecting him.

If she cooks she doesn't give him meat and she doesn't allow the children take the food to him. He has to come to the kitchen and pick the food himself. He is a laughing stock and she doesn't care. She is managing one small business like that... Fear women.

It is their hearts secret desire to be the man. It's as if being a woman is a curse.
I don't know why most curse words usually point to womanhood. Hmmm... sad

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by godofuck231: 4:18pm On May 04, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
Most Nigerian women only use men to train their kids till the kids are grown and start working. As soon as that's done the mother will poison the minds of the kids against the fathers and they'll abandon him. That's standard practice with Nigerian women
this happens when the children are deprived of having a fatherly figure present in their lives , avoid poor families, they destroy
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by LordIsaac(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2020
Truth is a good wife is so rare... So rare! Check history... Study the women around and you'd know that a woman is a specie you must be careful of.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Papadoh(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2020
Correct nigg@

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 04, 2020
princeEfi:
A Nigerian man has revealed why he didn't marry his ex-girlfriend even after meeting her family.

According to the Nigerian man, so many ladies are unmarried because of their upbringing. He stated that his decision not to marry the lady who works in one of the leading banks in the country, centered on how her father was treated.

@stazingar further alleged that the lady's mother who insisted on taking the place of her father, was more interested in his own bank account and how he will assist the family with their building project.

He tweeted;

Girls grow up to treat their husbands the same way their mothers treated their fathers. That’s was why I didn’t marry my ex in 2012. Smart girl. Works with one of the leading banks in Nigeria. Slim-thick, chocolate, tall and strong muscular legs, Just how I like it

We were destined for the alter until I decided to see her parents. We drove to her parents house in the villa. Coming into the compound I noticed a semi-paralyzed man at the corner of the house with sadness all over him. No one paid attention to him and his clothes were dirty.

I felt he was a madman or something but was distracted by my girl’s mum and siblings circling around me with salutations. We got into the house and as a solid Igbo guy, I brought one carton of omega schnapps for the father like tradition dictates.

On asking for the father to present the drink, I was told dismissively that he was the man outside and the mum wanted to accept the drink on his behalf. I was shocked! What?? I asked my babe and she said it was a long story. I ignored her and went to the man.

Introduced myself and gave him my present. When the man told me his story, I wept. Brethren, pray that you marry a good wife. To cut long story short, I confronted the woman and she was more interested in my bank account and how I will assist with their building project.

Suddenly some of my babe’s aggressive behaviors begins to make sense. Then we grew apart cos I refused to do whatever the mother says. Ladies, don’t let your toxic mum lead you astray. So many ladies are unmarried because of their upbringing. My two cents!

https://www.rapidgist.com/twitter-stories-nigerian-man-reveals-why-he-didnt-marry-his-ex-girlfriend-after-meeting-her-family/
Stanly Ezinna you did well
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Whois(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2020
Thanks for sharing
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2020
If you want to know how a girl will behave in her husband's house, just look at her mother. Curse be that man that marries a woman whose mother treat her own husband as trash.

Someone I know was dating a girl. The girl's father called him to narrate how his wife (her mother), the lady and 2 of her siblings were maltreating him (all these weak men sef). We advised this guy to 'abort mission' (cancel the relationship) but he refused and proceeded to marry her in the name of love. Less than three years into the marriage, the wife started misbehaving, fighting and disgracing him in the neighborhood. She even had the guts to starve him even when he is the sole provider.

Sha we have advised him to send her to her mother but it's left for him to do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Powerintoxicate: 4:57pm On May 04, 2020
godofuck231:
this happens when the children are deprived of having a fatherly figure present in their lives , avoid poor families, they destroy
lie. Go read ngozi ezeonu and how she treated her husband. Many cases everywhere. Nigerian women are just wicked. Once they get what they want from you they dump your silly ass
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by Nigerianization(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
You should learn to speak, making your spouse guess all the time is frustrating and you will soon lose a good girl, that's if you haven't already. I'm not referring to the girl in your post, she's just a toxic person that should be looking for a man that enjoys being bullied.

Learn to speak where there's issue in your relationship, that's how people stay together for long.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On May 04, 2020
Iyawo buruku se Fe, Ana buruku ko she ni.

It is better to have a bad wife than have bad in-laws.

Goes both ways.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why No Baby Yet After 3yrs But I Say Happy 3yrs Aniversary To Banky W And Adesua / Nairalanders,i'm finished. / Please How Do I Help My Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.