Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation (832 Views)

Which Country Can I Migrate To With ₦2M? / What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira / Which Country Can I Migrate To With 3.5M? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by Oyinkansolaah: 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
hello everyone

please I need your advice here. I'm legally married but separated from my spouse due to domestic and emotional abuse. I have a 2 years plus child and I've been taking responsibility all along. After going through the Canadian immigration site I realized there is a lot of requirements which may involve my spouse but as it is, there is no communication between us and i'm 100% sure he wont support me. Kindly advice what I can do before I write ielts or start any application.

thank you
Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by Oyinkansolaah: 6:56pm On May 04, 2020
How do you mean? Kindly explain
Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by ednut1(m): 11:07pm On May 04, 2020
Oyinkansolaah:
hello everyone

please I need your advice here. I'm legally married but separated from my spouse due to domestic and emotional abuse. I have a 2 years plus child and I've been taking responsibility all along. After going through the Canadian immigration site I realized there is a lot of requirements which may involve my spouse but as it is, there is no communication between us and i'm 100% sure he wont support me. Kindly advice what I can do before I write ielts or start any application.

thank you
has to sign consent that you can go with the baby and you are still married in the eyes of the law and canada. So he will need to do medicals and police report. No way around it unless you will leave your child behind o

1 Like

Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by Cyberknight: 11:09pm On May 04, 2020
Oyinkansolaah:
hello everyone

thank you

Unless you have sole custody of your child, you need your ex's consent to immigrate with the child to Canada. Sad, but there it is. If you are already the child's custodial parent, then try and see if your ex will agree to formalise that.

You can either fill an express entry profile stating you're married and your husband will not be traveling to Canada with you or you can declare your marital status as seperated, so in both cases you dont need to fill in a spouse's details and, if selected, you can go to Canada without him. It's with respect to the child that his cooperation is needed.

1 Like

Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by marylinblog(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2023
Am sorry to say this, but there is something not right about this claims. You said your husband or ex is not supportive to your daughter, that doesn't sound good to me. Woman most times come out with sorry claims because people show or give sympathies. No man is a fool or wicked. This was the man you married, cared for, cared for you and you went all the way to have a child by him. Common... Anyway, am not bothered about why he stopped doing his responsibilities.
My advice, make sure you get him involved, else, you will be refused and if you fake his documents and leave, he can request for his child and even you might be refused or deported.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by MatrixReloaded: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2023
Still wasting time running around to hurt a man. Wicked jazebel.

2 Likes

Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by Juoflife1(f): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
If you know how she can go about it, tell her. If you don't, just shut up. Stick to the enquiry and leave her marital life out of your mouths. She doesn't owe you any explanation as to why she's no longer with her husband. Nairaland is not a marriage cousel office. Una too do.

2 Likes

Re: Married But Separated.can I Migrate To Canada Wit My Child? No Spouse Coperation by MatrixReloaded: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ewu. Ezi. Anu. Ike nsi.

(1) (Reply)

Courageous Driver Knocks And Kills High Way Robber(photo) / Goldman Sachs Internship / Is It Ok To Fly To Dubai Via Turkish Airline?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.