Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today (2332 Views)

Access Bank CEO Identifies Workers That Will Be Sacked, Receive Pay Cut Salary / Three Farm Workers That Can Drive Motorcycle/tricycle/car Needed In Ogun State / Jumia Suffered N53 Billion Loss In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by wole212(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2020
grin grin grin

Jamesbiodun:

Where is the 3k ? All you listed are just normal work, everyone is affected in this pandemic

1 Like

Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by scoundrel(f): 8:59am On May 06, 2020
Taeewo:
The way gels dey talk hey,na waooo...Na so he dey easy to save and did you no his salary..Are you for instance expecting someone with salary of #40 with family,t fare to work to be saving #10k monthly..

Let men talk or single mother,na both know whatapp..
He opened the thread on the day he got laid off. It means he was working until the very day (or hour) he was told to go home, of which he then created the thread we’re reading. Where in the world does someone’s account balance enter zero immediately they are handed a letter of resignation? If he has a family then it’s all the more reason he should have saved cash to last the full period and more. So, if he suffered a car accident it’s the same way he’ll lay at the scene posting a beg thread on Nairaland?
Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by Taeewo(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2020
scoundrel:

He opened the thread on the day he got laid off. It means he was working until the very day (or hour) he was told to go home, of which he then created the thread we’re reading. Where in the world does someone’s account balance enter zero immediately they are handed a letter of resignation? If he has a family then it’s all the more reason he should have saved cash to last the full period and more. So, if he suffered a car accident it’s the same way he’ll lay at the scene posting a beg thread on Nairaland?
Once again you a female...You cant no life..Am sure if u found urself in that situation you will beg men for money but for him he cant..
Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by scoundrel(f): 1:45pm On May 06, 2020
Taeewo:
Once again you a female...You cant no life..Am sure if u found urself in that situation you will beg men for money but for him he cant..
Okay then. Mr. Man, support your fellow man financially then.
Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by stagger: 2:04pm On May 06, 2020
I hardly respond to such posts again because there are so many scammers all over the place. You also see them on Twitter. Rather, I will advice on what you can do to fish.

If the OP can shed off all element of pride, then he will make enough.

- He can organize to clear garbage from houses.
- He can sell some of his old stuff.
- He can wash cars or cut grass.
- He can (if he has the strength) go to work sites and do manual labour.
- He can offer to run errands.
- He can source items for people for a fee.

I would prefer someone to come here to say: I can run errands for you or I can do your laundry or I can wash your cars. I prefer to offer such help to people than to come here and be begging.

Like now, my office in Lagos is about opening after 2 months out and I have to get it cleaned. There are people who have such needs. Why not offer such services?

Problem is our people are too proud to do menial tasks that can solve problems immediately.

6 Likes

Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by naijacutee(f): 2:12pm On May 06, 2020
stagger:
I hardly respond to such posts again because there are so many scammers all over the place. You also see them on Twitter. Rather, I will advice on what you can do to fish.

If the OP can shed off all element of pride, then he will make enough.

- He can organize to clear garbage from houses.
- He can sell some of his old stuff.
- He can wash cars or cut grass.
- He can (if he has the strength) go to work sites and do manual labour.
- He can offer to run errands.
- He can source items for people for a fee.

I would prefer someone to come here to say: I can run errands for you or I can do your laundry or I can wash your cars. I prefer to offer such help to people than to come here and be begging.

Like now, my office in Lagos is about opening after 2 months out and I have to get it cleaned. There are people who have such needs. Why not offer such services?

Problem is our people are too proud to do menial tasks that can solve problems immediately.

I agree 100%.

We are all human, and human behaviour is easy to predict - if you are thinking about predicting human behaviour.

People tend to respond to things that catch their attention. As we all need different things, "I can help you do X" is more likely to catch people's attention than "Please help me".

It's not wrong to ask for help, this life is funny because the easiest way to get what you need is by helping people get what they want.
Re: Need A Job As I Was Among The Factory Workers That Suffered Layoff Today by XshegzzyeeiX: 3:42pm On May 06, 2020
Thank you all for your advice. @staggar I appreciate what you listed out. I will look into doing one of these you've suggested with immediate effect. God bless you abundantly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Plan For Micro Quail Farming In Nigeria...be Financial Breakthrough!!!! / What Is The Function Of Boiler For Power Plant / Do You Have Instagram Account For Sale Or You Can Provide Followers? Get In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.