Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Story Thread - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Thread (347 Views)

Wife In Every Sense (A Romantic Story)- THREAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Thread by Oluwainnie(f): 12:25am On May 05, 2020
Louis kept tossing on the bed with his hands covering his ears as the alarm on the table kept buzzing. He had intentionally kept it on the table the previous night, faraway from arms reach. The buzz of the alarm was getting unbearable. He stood up and stretched, "Lagos hustle and bustle resumes".

Having stayed at home for a month and waking up past 9:00am, his eyes were begging to be closed for a little more time. 'Should I call and tell them I'm sick?' He thought, 'that' definitely a wrong idea', he muttered as he staggered towards the bathroom.

He was very lucky to be among the staffs that'll be resuming. Few of his colleagues weren't lucky to have their jobs back. This was all the motivation he needed. He helped himself with some slice of bread and hot tea and dashed out of the house.

'Oga Louis you have resumed work so fast', his neighbor asked as they exchanged greetings.
'How man go do' he grinned
'Stay safe o' the neighbor smiled and continued her chores.

'Argh! How could he had forgot?' He went back to his apartment and picked up his protection kit. He carefully put on his gloves and face mask, ensuring to put two more spare gloves, mask and a hand sanitizer into his bag pack. He wasn't pleased that he was resuming immediately, but he had endless needs that need to be met.

He turned to his mirror and smiled mischievously. 'Who would have thought wearing of nose mask will be part of his outfit?' He shrugged, even though it was for protective measures he had ensured he got colors that matched his tie.

Louis made a last minute check to confirm there was nothing he had forgot and walked swiftly out of the house. 'It's going to be a great day'.
Re: Story Thread by Oluwainnie(f): 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
Nene sat at her balcony and admired her neighbors husband as he blended what seems like pepper in preparation to cook.

She had always wished David her husband would always assist in chores. 'Is this not a man doing domestic chore?' She said in admiration.

'Honey, I'm so tired can you help me out', Nene said to her husband upon her return from the market. You should get some rest dear' David smiled.

'No, there's a whole lot to be done and we'll be having some guest in the evening'

'You worry too much Nene, get some rest and continue later'.

'Our neighbors husband helps out, matter of fact he does all the chores but you won't even budge' she blurted out.

'What's this about?' David asked as he stared at her.

'You're not helping domestically like other husbands' she replied defiantly
David shook his head in awe, ''I'm not other husbands, and I've suggested time without number you get a house keeper for the house but you refused'.

But nobody gets a house keeper anymore. None of my friends have, our neighbors doesn't and even your friend Tony doesn't. They all help out in the house.

David picked up his laptop and left the room, 'I'll leave you to your madness'.

(1) (Reply)

For Freelancers That Wants To Earn In Dollars. / Vanity Is Vanity (poem) / Sex Is Not Romance And Romance Is Not Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.