Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (1115 Views)

Photo Of The Building Of UCH, Ibadan In 1955 / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by checky619: 1:17am On May 05, 2020
Re: . by solmusdesigns: 1:44am On May 05, 2020
hmmn UCH, that place give me the creeps
Re: . by b3llo(m): 1:50am On May 05, 2020
Going to public hospital in Nigeria should be added in the list of 1,001 ways to die.

All I can say is that God bless the ever hardworking and dedicated health personnel. I understand some work under duress because if the large number of patients they attend to.

1 Like

Re: . by checky619: 2:04am On May 05, 2020
Re: . by checky619: 2:25am On May 05, 2020

3 Likes

Re: . by OloriOfMontreal: 2:36am On May 05, 2020
Following embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: . by dierich: 2:41am On May 05, 2020
make I book this space.

very horrible
Re: . by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:57am On May 05, 2020
Hiannn! undecided
Very harrowing experience so far.
Re: . by gnykelly(m): 5:29am On May 05, 2020
welcome to Nigeria.

rule number one: don't ever have any issues either health or with law enforcement

1 Like

Re: . by olukaygold(m): 5:51am On May 05, 2020
Following
Re: . by adeskee(m): 5:59am On May 05, 2020
This is serious
Re: . by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2020
checky619:
It's Friday 4am I got up, because I was to meet up with my dad friends who will be travelling to visit him, I arrived at the meet up point 5:30am and it was time to move, we started the journey. Approaching ibadan and we started Calling and asking for directions till we finally saw road that leads to the hospital... Driving slowly we diverted into the driveway of UCH (front gate) first thing i Saw was a nurse, probably a student nurse, looking young standing outside looking confused and lost with stains of blood all over his white nurse wear, I started imaging what could have happened, I came to a conclusion that he might have assisted an accident victim that's Why he's stained with blood all over. Still driving in slowly I saw a corpse right at the toll gate of the. emergency, the emergency section have it's own separate drive in gate. There was a dead body right abandoned there, we kept driving in and collected our tag. We where looking for where to park because there was limited parking space, as we kept on driving at a very slow pace, I have never seen so many people unhappy, all I kept seeing were depressed faces and people looking disturbed or subbing and crying or people keeping a straight face with very red eyes. We finally found a place but it's quite far from the hospital wards. I came down and I couldn't imagine how I felt just trying to read and understand what's going on in so many people minds for them to be unhappy or angry. As we started walking towards the wards we pass by the morgue because it's faster to the ward, then I heard a very loud Cry from the voice, he's an elderly person in early 70s. We kept on walking we entered the climbed the first floor and we were going to the 3rd floor. We got there, I saw my mum and hugged her with a sad face on her, same with my brother.

I don't know what you're driving at, but I noticed you didn't show any compassion on that Nurse that soaked herself in a patient's blood. Most stories told by Nigerian patients and relatives are driven by pure selfishness and ignorance about the peculiar nature of the Nigeria system. The nurse with someone's blood stain all over her clothes shows, also, how Nigerian healthcare workers are suffering and working without any form of protection, only to be lashed out at the end by the same patients and their relatives they're taking risks for.
The numerous sad faces and maybe deaths you saw on arrival was mainly because Nigerians patronize those teaching hospitals only when their conditions have become almost irredeemable. They prefer to first go to their pastors/imams, herbalists, or embark on self medication, or poorly equipped and cheap private hospitals, and only go to the teaching hospitals when all hope has been already lost, and yet, expect such hospitals to do miracles.
Which Nigerian goes to the hospitals for check ups when seemingly healthy, as people do abroad? I can swear that the condition that led to your dad vomiting blood didn't start today. Early detection and intervention would have stopped all this stress

Let's wait and see where your story is driving at. So far, I haven't seen anything so shocking, except your lack of compassion on that poor, blood-soaked nurse.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Teetee777: 7:23am On May 05, 2020
If you are referred to UCH Ibadan, just know that your condition is very terrible. Is either you survive or not because it is 50 50 chance. Also those relatives who will stay with the patient must have power, energy, money, patience etc to face the challenges of the hospital because after all the stress through out the period, you yourself will fall sick.
May God heal those who have sicked and provide for their families to take care of them and forgive those who have died and continue to guide our doctor's and nurses. Amin

2 Likes

Re: . by hidhrhis(m): 9:03am On May 05, 2020
I'm using uch as my personal hospital and for check up
They are great I swear, The doctors and nurses have being really good to me.
Re: . by bukiah: 9:40am On May 05, 2020
UCH....... bringing back sad memories

1 Like

Re: . by checky619: 9:57am On May 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I don't know what you're driving at, but I noticed you didn't show any compassion on that Nurse that soaked herself in a patient's blood. Most stories told by Nigerian patients and relatives are driven by pure selfishness and ignorance about the peculiar nature of the Nigeria system. The nurse with someone's blood stain all over her clothes shows, also, how Nigerian healthcare workers are suffering and working without any form of protection, only to be lashed out at the end by the same patients and their relatives they're taking risks for.
The numerous sad faces and maybe deaths you saw on arrival was mainly because Nigerians patronize those teaching hospitals only when their conditions have become almost irredeemable. They prefer to first go to their pastors/imams, herbalists, or embark on self medication, or poorly equipped and cheap private hospitals, and only go to the teaching hospitals when all hope has been already lost, and yet, expect such hospitals to do miracles.
Which Nigerian goes to the hospitals for check ups when seemingly healthy, as people do abroad? I can swear that the condition that led to your dad vomiting blood didn't start today. Early detection and intervention would have stopped all this stress

Let's wait and see where your story is driving at. So far, I haven't seen anything so shocking, except your lack of compassion on that poor, blood-soaked nurse.

I understand you, but my main point is not really how the health care system is, to be very honest the doctors and nurses in uch ibadan are wonderful set of doctors and very helping, and you're right most cases there are accident victims and critical cases mostly caused by ignorant people and you can't go to uch if you have malaria or typhoid... I will finish the story so you can understand what I'm driving at better. By the way I felt really bad for the nurse

1 Like

Re: . by checky619: 9:59am On May 05, 2020
hidhrhis:
I'm using uch as my personal hospital and for check up
They are great I swear, The doctors and nurses have being really good to me.

No lie about that, this story is not about the doctors and nurses, but things that are going on there

1 Like

Re: . by checky619: 10:22am On May 05, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 11:08am On May 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

I love you bro
Re: . by checky619: 11:31am On May 05, 2020
Re: . by checky619: 12:14pm On May 05, 2020
Re: . by checky619: 12:47pm On May 05, 2020
Re: . by checky619: 1:08pm On May 05, 2020
Re: . by checky619: 1:43pm On May 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by hidhrhis(m): 3:06pm On May 05, 2020
If you ever visit Uch you will be thankful to God that you are alive
I went their this morning and I was at the 2nd floor to pay for the consultation fee
Looking down at the morgue 5 ambulance came to carry corpse at the morgue within 30 minutes of me staying their
I know we are all going to die one day but let's endeavour and strive, try hard to do good and live a good life
OP me I don't use that elevator because of the corpse they transport through it I will rather use the stairs
I fear gan ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by checky619: 3:27pm On May 05, 2020
hidhrhis:
If you ever visit Uch you will be thankful to God that you are alive
I went their this morning and I was at the 2nd floor to pay for the consultation fee
Looking down at the morgue 5 ambulance came to carry corpse at the morgue within 30 minutes of me staying their
I know we are all going to die one day but let's endeavour and strive, try hard to do good and live avoid life
OP me I don't use that elevator because of the corpse they transport through it I will rather use the stairs
I fear gan ni

1 Like

Re: . by GANAYAD: 3:28pm On May 05, 2020
Hmmmm, truly health is wealth, I'm grateful God

(1) (Reply)

The Effect Of Not Having Enough Sleep / Ulcer Pain Is Killing Me / Memo Surge Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.