Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,580 members, 7,840,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Holy Ghost Of Promise! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Ghost Of Promise! (123 Views)

Testimonies From Day 5 Of RCCG's Holy Ghost Congress / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Ghost Of Promise! by PWGLTD(m): 6:15am On May 05, 2020
• CHRISTOCENTRIC MEAL
• DR ABEL DAMINA

• YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD

Fundamental to note also in understanding the leading of the Spirit is that God has given every believer His Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are His.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.] We are Led by His Spirit.

He will not lead us anymore than He has led us. "Led "here carries the thought of union with another .

'His Spirit' used above is a very strong word. It infers and implies partnership, fellowship, oneness.

It is important to note that the Spirit dwelling in man was a prophecy under the Old Covenant

Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Vs 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Vs 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This promise of the Spirit was fulfilled in Christ and received by faith in the gospel. The minute a man believes the gospel, he receives the Spirit of God.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Paul emphasised to the Corinthian Church this fact

1st Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1st Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1st Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

This was in spite of the correction he had given them earlier in the same letter.

1st Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

They still had the Spirit of God. It is a never ending fact. A believer must accept this fact, revel in it, hold on to the knowledge of it irrespective of what happens. It is what gives us the confidence of God’s leading everyday and all the time.

CONFESSION: I have the Spirit of God. It is a never ending fact. The Spirit of God is in me now and forever.

(1) (Reply)

A Voice In High Places / God's Promises For You (3) / Seeds Of Destiny 17 May 2020 -- The Riches Of God's Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.