Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 (542 Views)

Kazuyoshi Miura Playing Actively At 53! World's Oldest Professional Footballer / Mike Tyson Barred From Entering Chile, Put Back On Plane, See Why(Photos) / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by Newwking: 4:00pm On May 05, 2020
MIKE TYSON can "knock out any heavyweight" even at 53, Oscar De La Hoya has claimed after watching amazing pads video.

The former world heavyweight is gearing up for a sensational return amid plans to compete in exhibition bouts for charity later this year.

Mike Tyson proved he hasn't lost his unbelievable speed and power aged 53.

Iron Mike proved he has been keeping the tools sharp after posting a video on his Instagram, unleashing furious power during a pad work session.

Tyson is said to have reduced grown men to tears while sparring - even if they were wearing a head guard and body armour, revealed former heavyweight Joe Egan.

The 53-year-old's unbelievable speed has certainly turned heads, with fans chomping at the bit for the reformed Baddest Man on the Planet to step back into the ring.

His clip has even caught the eyes of former world champion Oscar De La Hoya, who left a bold comment on the sensational video.

The Golden Boy of boxing reckons the veteran heavyweight could give the young bucks a run for their money today.

He said: "I’m sure that if he trains for 12 rounds, right now he’ll knock out any heavyweight."

Tyson's former trainer has also claimed that Iron Mike would still KO fellow American Deontay Wilder inside a minute if he trained for six weeks.

Tyson made his mark after smashing Trevor Berbick in 1986 to become the youngest heavyweight champion in history aged 20.

He last stepped inside the ring back in June 2005 where he was stopped by Kevin McBride in what proved to be the final bout of his professional career.

But the iconic puncher hasn't hung up his gloves for good just yet.

Despite being in his fifties, the American has claimed he is in the best shape of his life and is undergoing gruelling training sessions everyday as he nears his sensational return.

Speaking on an Instagram Live with rapper T.I. he said: "I've been hitting the mitts for the last week.

"That's been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts.

"I've been working out, I've been trying to get in the ring, I think I'm going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.

"I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.

"Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf****er like me.
"I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps.

"Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mits, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition.

"I'm start to put those combinations together. I'm in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me."

Tyson suffered a shock 1990 defeat to James Buster Douglas in Tokyo, Japan - then claimed it was because he had too much sex.

The ring legend spent three years in prison after being convicted of rape in 1992, before returning to the ring in 1995.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11537857/mike-tyson-oscar-de-la-hoya-knockout/

Re: Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by scoundrel(f): 4:39pm On May 05, 2020
#story. In his day he was a small heavyweight. Now we have monsters weighing up to 260 - 280lbs in fighting shape. As the years go fighters get bigger, stronger and faster than generations past. Without utilizing defence a lot of these modern guys will still tank his punches and leave his prime self sleeping on the canvas.
Re: Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by mikeybrainy: 12:42am On May 06, 2020
Re: Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by DeeMain(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2020
scoundrel:
#story. In his day he was a small heavyweight. Now we have monsters weighing up to 260 - 280lbs in fighting shape. As the years go fighters get bigger, stronger and faster than generations past. Without utilizing defence a lot of these modern guys will still tank his punches and leave his prime self sleeping on the canvas.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

First off, how old are you? In his prime, all giants fell, most within 4 rounds and less. All giants. All!
Re: Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by scoundrel(f): 1:43pm On May 06, 2020
DeeMain:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

First off, how old are you? In his prime, all giants fell, most within 4 rounds and less. All giants. All!
I stopped debating on this forum when slowly I discovered the ages of steady naysayers in this platform. I’ve made my opinion and my life continues.
Re: Mike Tyson Can ‘knock Out Any Heavyweight’ Even Aged 53 by DeeMain(m): 9:45pm On May 06, 2020
scoundrel:

I stopped debating on this forum when slowly I discovered the ages of steady naysayers in this platform. I’ve made my opinion and my life continues.

Ages... Steady naysayers...

Would have loved to hear your perspective though. Your call.

Love your diary though. You write well. Different too.

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Vaunt Victor Osimhen's Move To Napoli / Watch Goals Highlight:- Barcelona 2 Vs 8 Bayern Munich / Breaking: Barcelona Ready To Sell Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.