Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Help Me Find Amaka - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Find Amaka (704 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Find Amaka by Facelessforum: 8:44pm On May 05, 2020
Hello, hope you're all keeping safe.

Please, I'm looking for an old family friend. Her name is Amaka (aunty Amaka). We lived together in Ikeja Police barracks between 1999-2002. We left Lagos in January 2002, a week after the Ikeja cantonment bombings.

Because phones weren't common, we didn't get to share contact. She was such an angel, with a heart of gold. She treated me and my older brothers like her own younger brothers, even though we were not in any way related.

I've always wanted to do this (search for her ) but I'm not sure she'll like her picture used this way.

I used Google images to search for her but it came back negative. I also used Facebook, but no show.

I decided to try nairaland cos she's based in Lagos, even though I don't even know if she's still alive. I hope she is tho.

Attached here is a picture of her. This picture was taken in 2001.

Does anyone know her?

Lalasticlala

Please, help me push this to front page.

Na God I de use beg

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find Amaka by potent5(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2020
So touching!
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by Donald3d(m): 9:24pm On May 05, 2020
Do you know any of her children's name
Search for the child on Facebook, you most likely won't find her on Facebook
You could also try twitter , they would help you fish her out.

I don't want to sound controversial, but how are we sure you are looking for her for the right reasons and this story isn't made up. And you are not trying to find her to cause harm to her . Forgive me if I am wrong, I just like looking at things from both ways.

Your username itself says facelessforum, so how do we know you are genuine
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by Facelessforum: 9:39pm On May 05, 2020
Donald3d:
Do you know any of her children's name
Search for the child on Facebook, you most likely won't find her on Facebook
You could also try twitter , they would help you fish her out.

I don't want to sound controversial, but how are we sure you are looking for her for the right reasons and this story isn't made up. And you are not trying to find her to cause harm to her . Forgive me if I am wrong, I just like looking at things from both ways.

Your username itself says facelessforum, so how do we know you are genuine

As at 2002 when we left Lagos, she wasn't married. She was in her twenties. She was living with her uncle. Her name and this picture are the only things I have about her.

You're right at the emboldened.
But I'd like anybody that knows her to just send her the link to this thread.

I think I'm going to twitter as you suggested, even though I'm not a twitter person. I don't know if she'll like her picture all over the internet though.
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by EvilPOTATO(m): 7:48am On May 06, 2020
Try search for her uncles name on Facebook
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by Facelessforum: 8:42am On May 06, 2020
EvilPOTATO:
Try search for her uncles name on Facebook

I doubt say that man go still de alive oo.
Na very old man that year
E been remain few months for am to retire.
Imagine how old person weh retire 2002 go de
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by CAPSLOCKED: 10:11am On May 06, 2020
SOME MAY BE MAILING YOU ASKING FOR PAYMENT UPFRONT BEFORE THEY CAN REVEAL HER HOUSE ADDRESS AND EVEN HER PHONE NUMBER. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THEM BUT THEY'RE ALL SCAMMERS AND CRIMINALS.
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by Facelessforum: 12:14pm On May 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
SOME MAY BE MAILING YOU ASKING FOR PAYMENT UPFRONT BEFORE THEY CAN REVEAL HER HOUSE ADDRESS AND EVEN HER PHONE NUMBER. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THEM BUT THEY'RE ALL SCAMMERS AND CRIMINALS.

Nothing like that so far
Re: Help Me Find Amaka by Facelessforum: 7:01am On May 09, 2020
Royalboy
Farano
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Help me push this to front page biko

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Nairalnder? Mine Is ilegend / URGENT DEAL - Qasa 5.0kg Washing Machine For Sale - 55K / Buy 2 Bedsheets And Get 1 Free N11,500 (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.