Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

This Happened In Kano State. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Happened In Kano State. (2408 Views)

I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened / Suicidal Man Jumps From 9th Floor, Stood Up And Asked What Happened In U.S.(Pics / Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Happened In Kano State. by Badabada(m): 3:43am On May 06, 2020
This is a sad story:
A man in Kano went to a foodseller.
He had not eaten in 3 days.
He begged the seller for food on credit.

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The man sat down beside the foodseller’s shop as he had nowhere else to go.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

The man sat there and said nothing.
As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”
Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

Then the other man said: “How much is the food he wants?”
The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to...
The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

He saw the man still sleeping.
He tapped him to wake him up, he didn’t respond. Tapped him again, nothing.

The man had died.
He died sitting and waiting for help.
This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

He died hopeless. He died helpless. He died a man who his country failed.
Kano has 17 million people.
Less than 200,000 people got any form of palliative from the government.

Many people got hungry.
Many people died in their houses.
Many people starved to death from a govt that locked them in and gave no food.

An evil clueless thoughtless leadership.
If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.
Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

We all have our problems yes,
But our little curiosity may save a life.

Be the one who asks “who is that person sitting there?” Be the one who helps.
And be the one who saves a life.

By DrOlufunmilayo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Kalm4life: 3:46am On May 06, 2020
Ah,painful

1 Like

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by jeffizy(m): 3:52am On May 06, 2020
That's a pretty sad story.

But, in the end of it all, we need to know that the Government shares the blame with the members of the society.

Whatever the government does, the Nigerian corruption and structure will still leave some people stranded.

That's where the humanity in us comes in.

If he's a member of a community and he couldn't get food to eat for 3 days, then, shame on the neighbors.
Except he didn't ask.

3 Likes

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by xreal: 3:58am On May 06, 2020
So Kano people don't know the difference between a dead man and a man sleeping?

Nice story.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by seunlayi(m): 4:19am On May 06, 2020
This story is painful to me expecially to we parents at this time. I often skip meals to make it sufficient for the children

1 Like

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Passionate888: 4:56am On May 06, 2020
Ok. Nice storyline
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Oxb90: 5:14am On May 06, 2020
Pls try to show love. If since the beginning of this lockdown you have not begged for food, you need to thank whoever you believe in. For it will amaze you if you visit some families. Always thank God and try to show love. Shallom
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 5:15am On May 06, 2020
This is life touching...

Dangote, BUA, DANTATA, Kwankwoso, Senators, Rep members and their likes should quit chasing clout. Emulate what the well-to-do Ndi Anambra are doing.
Share food palliatives to your people in the places you can. 44 LGAs no be beans.

Stop donating Isolation centres and Ambulances. Kano state gov't can afford these amenities.
Food is paramount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:02am On May 06, 2020
Mynd44 Lalasticala Seun this is worthy of front page.

Op Thank you for sharing this piece.

But Kano population is not up to 17million, its around 14million according to National Population Commission.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Nobody: 6:17am On May 06, 2020
Love looks around to see who is in need. May we be driven by its force to look, discern, and help those in need.

Bring down your shoulder and eyes, allow God to use you to locate them. Don't say "I don't have or I can't," He will strengthen you to do all things because you have and you can..
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Votewisely2019: 6:37am On May 06, 2020
Common sense is not common. I really cry for my country, my people. This story is touching, I can't stop the tears and the heart break. As that man silently die a slow painful, agonising and avoidable death, what will be his last thoughts, what if he has other family members waiting at home for his return with food.
My people, we die because we decided our faith by prioritizing ethnic affiliation, religious affiliation and other bias when choosing our leaders. Now we pay with our lives. The leaders we voted for neglected us. Now we expect those around us to help us. Many are also struggling to survive too. Pls Nigerians should be kind hearted in this times and save the lives of those around them, forget the fact that some of the people crying and begging now brought some of the problems they are facing by voting out of sentiment.
#haveaheart#
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by katoto: 6:39am On May 06, 2020
Badabada:
This is a sad story:

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”
Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

The man had died.
This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

Many people got hungry.

If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.
Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

By DrOlufunmilayo
True story.Heard the story from my wife.Very pathetic indeed.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Tallesty1(m): 6:46am On May 06, 2020
jeffizy:
That's a pretty sad story.

But, in the end of it all, we need to know that the Government shares the blame with the members of the society.

Whatever the government does, the Nigerian corruption and structure will still leave some people stranded.

That's where the humanity in us comes in.

If he's a member of a community and he couldn't get food to eat for 3 days, then, shame on the neighbors.
Except he didn't ask.
Shame on him actually.

Nigeria maybe corrupt but we are good people.

If he was a member of any community and couldn't get food for three days then it only means one thing, we wasn't a good person in his hood.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by ollypass: 6:50am On May 06, 2020
Just confirmed this story...may his soul rest in peace..may wenevwr be in such a situation
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by ollypass: 6:52am On May 06, 2020
Just last night na so womannwey pack like 4 kids for road stop me for night dey beg say anything make she take go cook for her kids.. something bout hubby not even in town.had only 200 bucks change on me
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Nobody: 7:41am On May 06, 2020
Was 3 days of hunger enough to kill him?
Or maybe he had an underlying health issue or had developed a hunger related health issue sad
The story sounds fictional.
Sad tho embarassed
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by wivehi9620: 7:53am On May 06, 2020
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by nazablossom(f): 8:53am On May 06, 2020
This is so sad. Some people are suffering and starving.
And this corona virus is not ending anytime soon
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Tumbulum: 9:39am On May 06, 2020
The politicians should stop deceiving this people. How can a man have children that he cannot afford to care for ? This is the time to put limit on the number of children each man should bear.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by CodeTemplar: 10:09am On May 06, 2020
The story doesn't make so much sense to me sha.

I know everyone in the north cannot be a farmer and have reserve but since food is generally more available in the north, it would have been easier for someone to assist him with food and it should never have gotten to him going to that food seller.

I expect this kind of story from the south and not the north.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:11am On May 06, 2020
Badabada:

The man had died.

Many people got hungry.

By DrOlufunmilayo
[b]Quite touching!!!

Unfortunately many of them accepted pennies to vote in cluelessness!!!

Many folded their arms and watched Buhari rig himself in again all because he's a northerner

Little did they know that lack of good leadership irrespective of where, brings hardship and death!!!

If they had vehemently opposed the election of this failure just like the South East did perhaps, just maybe this man will still be alive!

But instead his party members were attacking the Igbos who saw what they couldn't while standing on the tree

They claimed that an average Nigerian is a millionaire

This government does not care! We all saw how a man who lost his whole family and 15 cows was arrested for insulting Buhari

Which is more important the insult or the souls lost

The harsh truth/realities is staring at us

Will the living ever learn

You will still see some dead souls here calling DrOlufunmilayo a miscreant, IPOB or pig

SMH

RIP to the victims of this evil administration[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Babalegba(m): 11:33am On May 06, 2020
Nigerians and their silly penchant for making up half baked stories and believing them. So a man died because of lack of food for three days. Did you even study biology in school at all. What about people dry fasting. You die for lack of water first before you die of lack of food. I have gone three days without eating before to address a stomach complaint. However I do believe Muslims should learn to love their neighbors better.
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by AuntRose(f): 12:33pm On May 06, 2020
I feel for Kano, they're really going through a lot
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2020
Badabada:
This is a sad story:

The man had died.

Many people got hungry.

By DrOlufunmilayo

I heard the story from Sabongari

1 Like

Re: This Happened In Kano State. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 06, 2020
Hmm
90% of things I buy, I bought them from local stores and local vendors.
These people are the ones who struggle to feed their families.
Humanity should come first before anything.
When I watch the burial of Abba kyari, he was buried with
Gold chain
Buried in a golden casket with white suite and shoe worth 20000$
His burial ground was designed with golden marble and buried alongside him was his expensive cars, jewelries, houses, certificates and his many titles.
Abi una no see am?
Re: This Happened In Kano State. by jeffizy(m): 7:59pm On May 06, 2020
Tallesty1:
Shame on him actually.

Nigeria maybe corrupt but we are good people.

If he was a member of any community and couldn't get food for three days then it only means one thing, we wasn't a good person in his hood.
I buy your logic.

Tells the kind of person he was in the neighborhood.

(1) (Reply)

5 Types Of Orgasms You Do Not Know And How To Get One Or More / How To Increase Your Penis Size Naturally / There Are 10 Types Of Vaginas, Which One Do You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.