Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) (1062 Views)

Combo 08 Corolla Deals:Toyota Corolla Black 2008 1.8 LE 1.150k / 08 Corolla For 900k (abuja) / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by tropaz(m): 4:06am On May 06, 2020
Hi niraland car gurus, I currently drive a Camry pencil light and I must confess, the drive is great and its economical at least. But I really want to upgrade and my preference is an SUV considering the nature of my job and the condition of roads in this country.
The MDX was my first option but I need something rugged and durable. Hence, my preference for the FX35. A friend of mine drives it and I can say its a rugged and strong car.
Or should I just give up on SUVs and stick to the corolla everybody is buying to be on the safer side in terms of reliability and economy? I'm very confused?
Help a friend please....
Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by tropaz(m): 4:08am On May 06, 2020
2008 corolla and 2006 FX 35

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by Anyahuruagu: 6:02am On May 06, 2020
Daddy no vex o, Infinix may be rugged o.. In my little knowledge after managing a Garage i noticed that wahala cars are mostly Nissan and you know that Infiniti is Nissan... I will only beg you to go for Corolla Sir or last last why not buy Nigeria used 2010 Corolla its rugged economical and smart.

When that inifinix starts swallowing ur fuel u will come back to your senses.

Then again in terms of second hand option, you can resell corolla if maintained properly at a price almost wt u purchased it, can u imagine that magic.

I wonder how toyota engines are so economical even though Honda is more economical.

Think am !

3 Likes

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by diportivo: 7:35am On May 06, 2020
Anyahuruagu:

I wonder how toyota engines are so economical even though Honda is more economical.

Think am !

I swear,na since I read this thing I don dey think am o

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by diportivo: 7:37am On May 06, 2020
tropaz:
Hi niraland car gurus, I currently drive a Camry pencil light and I must confess, the drive is great and its economical at least. But I really want to upgrade and my preference is an SUV considering the nature of my job and the condition of roads in this country.
The MDX was my first option but I need something rugged and durable. Hence, my preference for the FX35. A friend of mine drives it and I can say its a rugged and strong car.
Or should I just give up on SUVs and stick to the corolla everybody is buying to be on the safer side in terms of reliability and economy? I'm very confused?
Help a friend please....

pencil light to Corolla isnt an upgrade na

do the infiniti.....visit ur mecho more often

buy parts wey cost wella.......swear at the car once in a while

na that time u go sabi say u upgrade bros grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by ACRI: 8:07am On May 06, 2020
Highlander, CRV, Rav 4 with V4 are preferable models especially for a former Camry owner,it's relatable..

Don't move from Camry to FX if fuel is a concern to you,choose your corolla jeje

2 Likes

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2020
tropaz:
Help a friend please....
You want to be on a safer side and you're considering corolla No 1 thief magnet... Op find other options o

2 Likes

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by Princecanada: 8:39am On May 06, 2020
heard the headlamp of the FX cost well over 200k. Don't know how true. It's a rugged car but parts are very pricey and scarce..

The Corolla on the other hand may have good fuel economy, but very prone to theft. The AC for that model are very susceptible to failure, and suspension isn't that durable. Road handling ain't great if you are a frequent Traveller.

Just choose your preferred headache and take paracetamol or extra Panadol.

2 Likes

Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by maynation(f): 9:14am On May 06, 2020
Princecanada:
heard the headlamp of the FX cost well over 200k. Don't know how true. It's a rugged car but parts are very pricey and scarce..

The Corolla on the other hand may have good fuel economy, but very prone to theft. The AC for that model are very susceptible to failure, and suspension isn't that durable. Road handling ain't great if you are a frequent Traveller.

Just choose your preferred headache and take paracetamol or extra Panadol.
OP joke with this advice at your own peril.
Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by tropaz(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2020
@gazzuzz
Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by tropaz(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2020
I really appreciate all the advice I'm getting pls. God bless you all. I will ponder on them...
Re: FX 35 Or 08 Corolla? (car Gurus, Please Advice) by tropaz(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2020
Uhmmmm
sad

(1) (Reply)

Any Car Dealer In Ibadan For Meet Up Tomorrow? / A Very Clean Registered 2013 C300 Selling For N3m / Toks 2006 Corolla (Accident Free) SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.