Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What (313 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana In Germany? What Victor Boniface Did After Scoring / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi After Scoring Winning Goal Against Cameroon (Pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Honoured After Scoring 400 Goals Across Europe (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What by Raphkriz(m): 9:32am On May 06, 2020
A football fan asked a funny but sensible question filled with dilemma on a popular facebook page .

He posted thus "Ballers, If a player scores a goal and takes off his jersey in celebration, and the referee shows him a second yellow card (which leads to a red card). Only for VAR to review the goal and rule it as offside. Will the red card stand?"
When i saw this post i laughed because it was a funny question on a second thought i discovered i didn't have an outright answer to the question above posted on the facebook group, Personally i had to make a little research to be able to know the right answer or something very close as an answer to this question and be more enlightened as well.

According to quora.com, "Yes. A referee may change her/his decision as long as the ball has not been put back into play. Typically, the only reason for that is there was a Dismissable foul (red card) but you identified the wrong player. A referee may change her/his decision as long as the ball has not been put back into play".

Furthermore, "It's not dependent on "time", but instead dependent on a specific action: the referee can reverse a card (or give a card) up until a restart of play. Once play is restarted, the decision is *final* (and only open to appeal post-match). As far as the amount of time, it is "as much time as the referee needs before he restores play. Just to be clear, if a player thinks his teammate is getting a card and restarts quickly, the referee can still *pull this back*, as HE hasn't dictated the restart". 

PLEASE YOU CAN SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

Re: If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What by majamajic(m): 9:35am On May 06, 2020
Am not a fan of VAR
Re: If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What by Impregnable101: 9:38am On May 06, 2020
The card will not stand
Re: If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What by ghettokid1(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2020
The card will stand
Re: If A Player Receives 2nd Yellow After Scoring And VAR Cancels Goal, What by Taqueenboy(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2020
VAR IS NOT HELPING THE NATURE OF FOOTBALL, BUT IN SUCH CASE, THE RED CARD SHOULD STAND BECAUSE PULLING OFF JESSY IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE PITCH FOR ANY REASON.

(1) (Reply)

Madagascar Sends Coronavirus Cure To Nigeria / Wwe Legend ‘ Rey Mysterio Set To Officially Retire. / Messi Vs Ronaldo: This Is Our ‘greatest Of All Time’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.