Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? (1115 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by SheriffDTrader(m): 9:51am On May 06, 2020
I am a fresh graduate of Physics. I graduated with a Second Class Lower Degree. I wasn't too serious with my undergraduate degree because I never really liked the course I was given to study. I was very intelligent in High school but I found myself struggling with my academics all through my University days. Immediately I entered school I chose another path I wanted which is BUSINESS. Am actively involved in business and I want to build a solid career around it.
As a Physics graduate, will I be allowed to do a Masters Degree in Business Administration?
Or should I go back for an undergraduate degree in Business Administration. Please I need honest answers .
Thank You
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by dulux07(m): 9:57am On May 06, 2020
SheriffDTrader:
I am a fresh graduate of Physics. I graduated with a Second Class Lower Degree. I wasn't too serious with my undergraduate degree because I never really liked the course I was given to study. I was very intelligent in High school but I found myself struggling with my academics all through my University days. Immediately I entered school I chose another path I wanted which is BUSINESS. Am actively involved in business and I want to build a solid career around it.
As a Physics graduate, will I be allowed to do a Masters Degree in Business Administration?
Or should I go back for an undergraduate degree in Business Administration. Please I need honest answers .
Thank You
Based on my knowledge, Any graduate can go for MBA.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by chieyine(m): 9:58am On May 06, 2020
Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by NextD18: 9:58am On May 06, 2020
It is not proper.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 06, 2020
SheriffDTrader:
Thank You

When u say masters in business administration, do u mean M.Sc business administration or MBA ( master of business of administration)
They are not the same thing..... the former is kinda like an academic degree that will offer you continuation to PhD.... MBA is for professional whateva you bachelors is doesn’t matter. It’s usually more expensive and that’s where it ends. U can’t use it to get into PhD....
If it’s the Msc u want, u will need a compelling admission profile... backed up with at least 6 solid years of business related job experience e.g a business developer, a procurement analyst, project manager a marketer etc. you will then need reference from this field perhaps your Oga at your office carrying the email of the company.

If it’s MBA: u will also need a good admission profile but u may not need strong, long work experience. But it will definitely be an added advantage.
U have a better chance entering for MBA than the above....
Still anything is possible....I no be God

2 Likes

Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by SheriffDTrader(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:

When u say masters in business administration, do u mean M.Sc business administration or MBA ( master of business of administration)
They are not the same thing..... the former is kinda like an academic degree that will offer you continuation to PhD.... MBA is for professional whateva you bachelors is doesn’t matter. It’s usually more expensive and that’s where it ends. U can’t use it to get into PhD....
If it’s the Msc u want, u will need a compelling admission profile... backed up with at least 6 solid years of business related job experience e.g a business developer, a procurement analyst, project manager a marketer etc. you will then need reference from this field perhaps your Oga at your office carrying the email of the company.

If it’s MBA: u will also need a good admission profile but u may not need strong, long work experience. But it will definitely be an added advantage.

Thank you for enlightenment.
I want Masters of Business Administration (MBA). You said its more expensive. The money wouldn't be an issue as it is something I will like to go for. Are there good institutions for that in Nigeria? If there is can you make some recommendations. Thanks
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Nobody: 4:44am On May 07, 2020
SheriffDTrader:

I want Masters of Business Administration (MBA). You said its more expensive. The money wouldn't be an issue as it is something I will like to go for. Are there good institutions for that in Nigeria? If there is can you make some recommendations. Thanks

University of lagos

Univeristy of ibadan

But if you have money, lagos business school is one of the best. Last I checked, na 1.5m, don’t know how much they charge now for their MBA
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Liliantalks: 6:15am On May 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

If it’s the Msc u want, u will need a compelling admission profile... backed up with at least 6 solid years of business related job experience e developer, a procurement analyst, project manager a marketer etc. you will then need reference from this field perhaps your Oga at your office carrying the email of the company.

u can’t get an MSc in business administration without being In the social science field , this got nothing to do with experience, they plainly do not care where u hv worked or not , they only care that u hv a good transcript, and in that specific field ,, because MSC means u want to be a lecturer . So the answer to this is question is NO , MBA should be the best for him .
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 07, 2020
Liliantalks:
u can’t get an MSc in business administration without being In the social science field , this got nothing to do with experience, they plainly do not care where u hv worked or not , they only care that u hv a good transcript, and in that specific field ,, because MSC means u want to be a lecturer . So the answer to this is question is NO , MBA should be the best for him .

if I’m assuming, I’ll say I’m assuming.... I saw a guy with a bachelors in statistics studying MSc in business administration... he worked in the bank as an auditor. I don’t know if it’s the ACCA that helped But one thing I know for sure is that he doesn’t have a background in social science... they ddnt tell me, I saw him with my two eyes..... not in Nigeria though...

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Liliantalks: 12:36pm On May 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

if I’m assuming, I’ll say I’m assuming.... I saw a guy with a bachelors in statistics studying MSc in business administration... he worked in the bank as an auditor. I don’t know if it’s the ACCA that helped But one thing I know for sure is that he doesn’t have a background in social science... they ddnt tell me, I saw him with my two eyes..... not in Nigeria though...

statistics can go with business administration, definitely he had economics and commerce in his waec, many social sciences courses study statistics courses in them, so it can work , but courses that r purely scientific like physics and chemistry related courses can’t do Msc in business administration
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by SheriffDTrader(m): 2:53pm On May 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

University of lagos

Univeristy of ibadan

But if you have money, lagos business school is one of the best. Last I checked, na 1.5m, don’t know how much they charge now for their MBA

Thanks
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Eniolakiite(f): 6:56pm On May 07, 2020
Yes you can

SheriffDTrader:
Thank You
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by edoairways: 7:35pm On May 07, 2020
1StopRudeness:

University of lagos

Univeristy of ibadan

SheriffDTrader Lagos business school should do
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 07, 2020
SheriffDTrader:

MBA has more power, prestage and weight when it comes to business administration “IF" you are the type that prefer to work in a private/multination corporation or simply want to be in charge of your own business.

As for M.SC in business administration I dont even fancy it because its for those who intend to go into academia and the government employee.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Business Administration With A Physics Undergraduate Degree? by Babastrong(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2023
[quote author=Liliantalks post=89272926]u can’t get an MSc in business administration without being In the social science field , this got nothing to do with experience, they plainly do not care where u hv worked or not , they only care that u hv a good transcript, and in that specific field ,, because MSC means u want to be a lecturer . So the answer to this is question is NO , MBA should be the best for him . [why were you discussing what you didn't know?]

(1) (Reply)

Banking And Finance Project Topics & Materials PDF In Nigeria (projectslib) / Naira Swaps: JAMB Postponed / Happenings In Nigerian Universities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.